TTPD: THE ANTHOLOGY is one of the craziest things a pop girl has ever done. Agree?

KatyPrismSpirit

5 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

The only crazy thing is how she dropped a 31 track album and there not being a single good song :suburban:

I liked maybe 3-4 songs out of an album of 31 songs…

TTPD is the most bloated monotone album she's done yet.

Theres no 1-2-3 punches from song to song, they all sound the same, with wack beats and choruses.

She's unnecessarily verbose, ENOUGH WITH THE SCHOOLYARD/HIGH SCHOOL MOTIFS YOU ARE 34

And before any of the Swifties try to:say I don't understand the lyrics. 

A good song should be a balance of good lyrics, a nice melody, and good vocals. This is just (bad) spoken poetry.

Competing with Debut and Lover for her worst album and losing badly.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Jay07

• Burn

• newaespa

58 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Beyonce's Self Titled literally shook the world and changed the music industry...

It shook my ass

• Haha 3

The OP must be a hater

:suburban:

34 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Not Swifties having conniptions for weeks over Beyoncé supposedly scamming her fans only for Taylor to turn around and do it 5 times worse :deadbanana2:

You know what's more crazy?

She's trying to sell these vinyl variations with "exclusive track" on each one. And now boom, stream 15 MORE TRACKS for free

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OrgVisual said:

The OP must be a hater

:suburban:

No. This thread randomly backfired. Most ppl that come in here dislike Taylor anyways so it's not in my control how they will react. I still believe dropping a surprise double album (that is genuinely immaculate) is a exciting thing. Can't be a hater for simply pointing that out. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's a horrible week for OTH

25 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

The only crazy thing is how she dropped a 31 track album and there not being a single good song :suburban:

I briefly listened through the two albums and found what I heard so boring. She is very talented and in the past she has had songs that I liked and had an edge but overall I will probably never be a fan of hers. She's too vanilla for me.

Double albums are nothing new. It would have been refreshing if the two albums really had differences. She could have released some experimental music for a change.

• Like 1

No, it's pretty safe but it's well done :gaylorcat2:

No I don't agree. A double album isn't revolutionary, neither is a TS release day surprise. The "anthology" makes an ok album bloated. It was a snooze, the lyrics aren't clever. The independent says she's takes aim at exes and fame, does she ever do anything else? I wanted to love this. As a folklore and evermore stan I thought it would be great. But when you're on bad terms with so many ex men and then autopsy the fact over two sprawling, meandering, hours it starts to sound low key sociopathic and bitter. Came out of this begging for air, a rhythm, and a subject change. This is her most boring release to date. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

You know what's more crazy?

She's trying to sell these vinyl variations with "exclusive track" on each one. And now boom, stream 15 MORE TRACKS for free

Lock her up.

Im sorry but does this woman have anything more to say besides boyfriend/ex drama ?

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Okay grandpa let's get you to bed

? scrambling at faux insults when theres no arguments :ahh: and im in my early 20s. sit this one out

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Like this is insane. The double album was completely unexpected and a total surprise. And the anthology is much better than the standard edition. I can't remember a moment where a pop girl did something like this! Like if this didn't solidify her legacy and put her in the realm of some of the greatest musicians ever than I dont know what will. The Anthology is definitely some of her best work ever no joke. 

The sarcasm is sarcasming 🤣

didnt she do the same thing with her last album?

Atrl spent the last 3 weeks calling Cowboy Carter bloated and too long, and now yall stanning this? :ahh:

13 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

didnt she do the same thing with her last album?

There's that much victim playing going on that the Casefile podcast are naming an episode after her. 

Edited by Joesuxx

59 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

Im sorry but does this woman have anything more to say besides boyfriend/ex drama ?

yes, for example her new song Clara Bow is about the it girls of different generations and the society's expectations of them and the pressure that comes with it. i hope that helps! 

58 minutes ago, bad guy said:

She wants that Adele record badly and it eats at her soul. She saw Morgan Wallen's double albums that made his albums stall in the Top 10 for 70+ weeks and has been trying desperately to get the same thing. It didn't happen with Midnights so she conjured up this scheme in hopes for the same result. I'm sure she has about 3-5 more versions, hidden song CD's, and incomplete vinyls in the oven to continue oversaturating her fans with whatever slop she puts out now. But this is standard practice for her, nothing crazy.

Midnights spent like 70 weeks in the top ten (out of the 77 it has charted). 

8 minutes ago, Kiel D-01 said:

Not sure if OP is being sarcastic or serious. :rip: 

im actually being very serious :celestial2:

1 hour ago, abelfenty said:

I had to have a break as I was falling in to a coma

9 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

yes because beyonce's music sucks

Selena Gomez stan talking about bad music

4oJ4.gif

• Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.