• DLW

• Cloröx

• Sugden

3 hours ago, Cloröx said:

I'm the insider 

:ryan3:

Inside their basement?

:ryan3:

That said, is this the album that finally grants us societal permission to say that Swift is not a great lyricist? She can be, sometimes, but greatness isn't a part-time job, and the thinning thinness of her words can make big emotions feel hollow. Plus, the objects of affection that populate these midtempo reminiscences all sound like real creeps. "At dinner, you take my ring off my middle finger and put it on the one people put wedding rings on," sings the most celebrated songwriter of her generation on her album's title track, "and that's the closest I've come to my heart exploding." Oh man. In "The Manuscript," she sings in the third person, describing a flame who once "said that if the sex was half as good as the conversation was, soon they'd be pushing strollers." During "I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)," she gloms onto some imaginary bad boy, describing how "his hand, so calloused from his pistol, softly traces hearts on my face" — which must be pretty close to what you get when you ask ChatGPT to compose a Lana Del Rey hook. Attempting to further signal her maturity, Swift deploys profanity with awkward relentlessness across too many of these songs, sounding like a child test-driving her illicit new vocabulary in hopes of convincing the greater populace that she is, in fact, 34 years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/2024/04/20/taylor-swift-review-tortured-poets-department/

:suburban:

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, DLW said:

That said, is this the album that finally grants us societal permission to say that Swift is not a great lyricist? She can be, sometimes, but greatness isn't a part-time job, and the thinning thinness of her words can make big emotions feel hollow. Plus, the objects of affection that populate these midtempo reminiscences all sound like real creeps. "At dinner, you take my ring off my middle finger and put it on the one people put wedding rings on," sings the most celebrated songwriter of her generation on her album's title track, "and that's the closest I've come to my heart exploding." Oh man. In "The Manuscript," she sings in the third person, describing a flame who once "said that if the sex was half as good as the conversation was, soon they'd be pushing strollers." During "I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)," she gloms onto some imaginary bad boy, describing how "his hand, so calloused from his pistol, softly traces hearts on my face" — which must be pretty close to what you get when you ask ChatGPT to compose a Lana Del Rey hook. Attempting to further signal her maturity, Swift deploys profanity with awkward relentlessness across too many of these songs, sounding like a child test-driving her illicit new vocabulary in hopes of convincing the greater populace that she is, in fact, 34 years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/2024/04/20/taylor-swift-review-tortured-poets-department/

they're not exactly wrong 

25 minutes ago, DLW said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

I'm glad that a review finally picked up on her cursing because it sounds so unnatural every time she does it in her songs. It's clear that she never swore in her life before Reputation. I think she writes her songs and then inserts curse words strategically afterwards in an attempt to look 'cool'.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The payola checks are kicking in apparently 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Michael196 said:

It's insane how the dumbsterfires of this site seem to never learn their lesson and keep on taking pride of their lack of self-respect, since they have been receiving an endless tsunami of Ls for the past decade and half, and yet can't help but continue to feed whatever disease they carry. Like go stan whatever you like and stay out of others' business if you have such disturbing feelings about, what's the gain in here? do you realize how sad and pathetic you look? is self respect and awareness that dead?

Also... no rational individual would let anyone other than themselves decide for them to like or dislike anything, therefore these critics can praise or drag however they like, it doesn't mean anything and I feel sad for anyone that gives such weight to others' opinions, what a miserable life that must be...

I agree especially on the last part. Ofc it's cool when your artist's work is getting great reviews but I've loved albums that weren't acclaimed and I didn't mind while sometimes hating records that got great reviews from publications

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spree said:

sounds to me like you're forcing yourself to like it even tho you know it sucks. 

Whether you think the album is good or not, it is literally over 2 hours long and very lyrically dense. If you are trying to earnestly offer a in-depth critical perspective on it, you would have to revisit it  :michael:

Your vicious and rabid hatred of Taylor has you saying anything tbh :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

G1 published its review of Taylor Swift's album "The Tortured Poets Department":

"But the magic of her lyrics wasn't enough to flesh out an album of tiresome melodies. In releasing yet another work underpinned by 1980s electronic references, a hallmark of her producer Jack Antonoff, Taylor slips into predictability [...] After listening to all 31 songs on "Tortured Poets", however, the feeling that remains is: is there really that much to say about the same situations? Taylor writes like a friend venting about her latest love affair across a pub table, and that's fine. But here, the conversation becomes monothematic, and you hope you'll be able to ask for the bill".

https://g1.globo.com/google/amp/pop-arte/musica/noticia/2024/04/19/taylor-swift-narra-os-dramas-de-pelo-menos-2-terminos-em-disco-bem-escrito-mas-cansativo.ghtml

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It should stabilize between 87-90, to be honest, it only has one really negative review so far. 

36 minutes ago, BnPac said:

It should stabilize between 87-90, to be honest, it only has one really negative review so far. 

Nah it will be at low 80s at max but can drop to high 70s

Not less than MIDnights :gayoncecat3:

Something about 84:ghostface:

12 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

it'll rise tmr dont worry

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR06crlcsmupj1NzL_Gn54

It will be 85/86

45 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Is your purpose on this site only being negative about Taylor 

Cause this is low even for being OTH :suburban:

5 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Is your purpose on this site only being negative about Taylor 

What's sad is… yes, it actually does seem to be :suburban:

Like, I'm screaming that an 84 on Metacritic is attempting to be used… *against* Taylor :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

What's sad is… yes, it actually does seem to be :suburban:

Like, I'm screaming that an 84 on Metacritic is attempting to be used… *against* Taylor :deadbanana4:

You can only drag if it goes below Lover

Then it's panned for sure

Till then we are safe

And even then again every fav of their released 60 MC score albums 

Is sputnik out?

it's my most anticipated review

9 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

Is sputnik out?

it's my most anticipated review

Yes

90/100

2 minutes ago, extra_ordinary said:

Yes

90/100

Thanks; lemme read

Here for the meltdowns when in 6 months Taylor releases another studio album (ala Evermore) with 30 more new songs.

22 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

clearly the masses are enjoying the album, yet the sad trolls hide behind a couple of bad reviews to validate their hatred for taylor swift. If it's that bad to you then why are you so invested in it? It's really sad 

wouldn't the mass have to hear it at first, to begin with?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.