Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

not you 

Npmgsop.gif

Sorry for my weakness. After all, it's been 5/6 months since Taylor last released something, and I'm a little drunk so I'm embracing the entitled Swiftie status. 

Npmgsop.gif

• Replies 52.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

When would we get a vogue us and vogue uk cover?

Taylor goes to iheart for reason

RADIO 

Radio is still very important. Plus they have been playing her TV too. It's not for promo but for connections.

• Like 3

I'm lowkey still hating her for this album title. I don't like to use acronyms for the titles of albums and songs, It's so annoying. 

Fortnight was a good album title too:lakitu:

1 minute ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

Only if it sounds like the AI 

:suburban:

I know the drought was the very worst but do we really want that to be on TTPD? 

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Sorry for my weakness. After all, it's been 5/6 months since Taylor last released something, and I'm a little drunk so I'm embracing the entitled Swiftie status. 

Npmgsop.gif

I respect that

Npmgsop.gif

3 hours ago, Folklore89sm said:

I've been thinking that after the success of the 3am tracks surprise last roll-out which helped boost/inflate the first day streaming numbers, she'll prpobably want to do something similar with Tortured Poets. Is it at all possible/legal for her to drop all the *exclusive* bonus tracks on streaming a few hours after the standard 16 tracks come out? (it would bring the total number of songs up to 20 - the same as Midnights standard + 3am tracks).

If she drops surprise songs, I hope she'd do it at the same time as the rest of the album, since the 3AM tracks did way less streams than the original tracks. Lots of people had already saved the album and didn't realize the new tracks were there.

The 4 exclusive songs probably won't go on streaming that quickly in my opinion.

But this is where Killer Kern enters the picture:wink:

3 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Taylor goes to iheart for reason

RADIO 

Radio is still very important. Plus they have been playing her TV too. It's not for promo but for connections.

Girl She has 20 years of career. Has enough connections at this point :laugh:. You don't have to build connections for 50 years.

She doesn't need to do this to get radio airplay. 

Edited by vale9001

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm lowkey still hating her for this album title. I don't like to use acronyms for the titles of albums and songs, It's so annoying. 

Fortnight was a good album title too:lakitu:

TTPD is a dramatic title for dramatic song titles for apparently dramatic album

It makes sense imo

An album named Fortnight having song named I can fix him would sound weird

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Girl She has 20 years of career. Has enough connections at this point :laugh:. You don't have to build connections for 50 years.

She doesn't need to do this to get radio airplay. 

To get radio airplay no, but this is the type of things that contributes to the complete domination she's seeing right now. The industry WANTS her to succeed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mael said:

Surprise! I just couldn't stop writing… introducing The Pleasured Coochie Department, a collection of 16 tracks that is the sultry brother to The Tortured Poets Department!

I-Island breeze and lights down HOE

q03FoCp.gif

Either this or Fortnight is the lead single. And if Fortnight is the lead single, she will announce it tonight. 

q03FoCp.gif

6 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I respect that

Npmgsop.gif

You should try to make me come back to my senses because you KNOW I'm going to be disappointed come Friday. 

Npmgsop.gif

When you thought you had members you could rely on on ATRL

Npmgsop.gif

An album titled Fortnite after midnights would be too confusing for the average American tbh. 

1 minute ago, Klein said:

You should try to make me come back to my senses because you KNOW I'm going to be disappointed come Friday. 

Npmgsop.gif

When you thought you had members you could rely on on ATRL

Npmgsop.gif

I love to see the meltdowns

Npmgsop.gif

Could Taylor be presenting bey her award tn?

8 minutes ago, Klein said:

To get radio airplay no, but this is the type of things that contributes to the complete domination she's seeing right now. The industry WANTS her to succeed. 

Could be true for amas and grammys.

But these awards are really a non event. It's kinda cringe to see her every year there as the only star with the Sabrina Carpenter of the year. I mean now and there between years you can go but every year sounds reductive for her Power and image imo :lakitu:

• Like 1

I think yall are reading too much into her reasons to attend the IHeart Awards, girl just want to collect some awards and drink a few drinks during her tour break.

Edited by scottstreet
  • Like 4

At this point I'm just mentally preparing myself for a Me!th-tier Fortnite joke in Fortnight

Npmgsop.gif

With the loss of @Klein's sanity it appears only a few of us are left standing in the realm of reality.

I'll take on the voice of reason role.

- There will be no lead single before the album drops.

- Florence will not have audible vocals on Florida!!!

- This album will not be as "regressive" as some people felt Midnights was.

Spoiler

And last but not least, Tonight We Cross Kern is out this Friday, one fortnight before TTPD! The Killer Kern (Demo) will be released alongside the deluxe "The Tortured Poets Corporation" rerelease at 6AM EST on April 19!

Spoiler

output-onlinegiftools(1).thumb.gif.a7bda

• Haha 6

renaming all Taylor's album by the track on it:

Taylor Swift -> The Outside
Fearless -> The Way I Loved You

Speak Now -> Enchanted
Red -> Holy Ground
1989 -> New Romantics
reputation -> Delicate
Lover -> Daylight
folklore -> mirrorball
evermore -> gold rush
Midnights -> Anti-Hero
THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT -> The Alchemy

So, today I found out thanks to you that there's actually a river called Kern in the states. And I noticed there's this book called Hunt for the Kern River Killer: Murder on the Sixth, which dropped on the same day Taylor did that concert for Pepsi in the reputation era (TS6). https://www.amazon.com/Hunt-Kern-River-Killer-Murder/dp/1981487522 with it involving a car carsh, a prison, devil worshipers, etc like the LWYMMD video. The protagonist being a stay-at-home wife is giving me Toe relationship era too.

There's a killer on the loose in Bakersfield, California, with an insatiable need to butcher beautiful women and dispose of their remains by the majestic Kern River. One day Regina Callahan's a stay-at-home housewife trying to recover from an automobile accident and the next she has to take a job in a prison. Not just any prison – this prison holds some of the most ruthless predators and killers in the country. Some are complainers, a few are devil worshipers, and there's one particularly infuriating one who claims to have psychic powers. Then the killings begin, and Regina's not only a part of the task force on the hunt to find the Kern River Killer, but she also finds herself in the crosshairs of the k

The description is serving HBO show, she should buy the rights for her movie. Even fake song titles for album scraps that never existed and are not real have easter eggs, ahh my ******* fave.

1 hour ago, Maroon legacy said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

The Bejeweled Footballers Division EP

6 Tracks + Bonus Track "Killer Kern (Demo)”

Collectible 24-page book-bound jacket with three replicas of Travis Kelce's handwritten lyrics unique to this vinyl and never-before-seen photos
Avaliable only for 72 Hours!

lmao can I use this as the forum avatar for a while? do you mind?

btw it's interesting that TTPD title is in all caps, but the title track isn't

1 minute ago, Teneo said:

lmao can I use this as the forum avatar for a while? do you mind?

I only made the back-cover and I don't mind :ryan3:

We all want a Song but the strategy clear Is the mistery about the genre and the lyrical tone of the album. So makes not sense to "ruin It" just 14 days before.

I would like if She makes something to start to promote It and give some news in a a fun way but we're not getting a Song. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

What if they can't cross Kern

Taylor Swift - 'The Tortured Poets Department' - Page 232 - Music - ATRL

• Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.