Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 hours ago, IBeMe said:

I know I have been rather critical of Charli XCX as a PERSON but there's no doubt that she is innovative in some ways and BRAT will inevitably go down in pop history tbh. Because of that I would actually love if Taylor was somehow involved in the era. The Lorde remix and now the Billie remix of Guess makes me really kinda think that maaaayyyybbbeeee Charli will reach out to Taylor to feature in a Sympathy is a Knife remix which is VERY obviously about her. It could eat tbh

manifestingggg :jonny3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

I know I have been rather critical of Charli XCX as a PERSON but there's no doubt that she is innovative in some ways and BRAT will inevitably go down in pop history tbh. Because of that I would actually love if Taylor was somehow involved in the era. The Lorde remix and now the Billie remix of Guess makes me really kinda think that maaaayyyybbbeeee Charli will reach out to Taylor to feature in a Sympathy is a Knife remix which is VERY obviously about her. It could eat tbh

I'll be honest that I don't feel the same about Charli - she's right next to Taylor as one of my very favorite artists and I generally adore her - but I agree that it would be interesting to see Taylor on a Sympathy remix. The confluence of the Poets/Eras era and the Brat era would be super fascinating to see. I don't look forward to accusations of Taylor biting off part of Charli's cultural moment and all that, but I suppose it's worth dealing with stupidity like that to watch my worlds collide that way. Her voice would sound great on Sympathy, too - and to have Taylor touch the hyperpop sphere would be one of the coolest things she could do and would instantly commercially elevate an underrated genre. For various reasons I'm unsure whether it would ever really happen, but I'm down for it if it does. I think it would be one of my favorite tracks and pop culture moments ever, easily.

• Like 2

alanis 12

whitney houston 14

carole 15

bodyguard 20

adele 24

come on, poets, let's tie Tapestry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kayliah said:

i mean to have so many successful eras is mind-boggling. She truly is one of a kind. A solo artist doing all that. Just wow. I know I'll be in the minority, but for me she is a legend next to the Beatles, MJ and Madonna...only the greats .

She is on those legend level, and that`s just fact.

All she needs is some more time to be a certified legend. Now the publication already set the tone for that.  I think by end of the decade, when she turns 40 then its done deal.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kayliah said:

i mean to have so many successful eras is mind-boggling. She truly is one of a kind. A solo artist doing all that. Just wow. I know I'll be in the minority, but for me she is a legend next to the Beatles, MJ and Madonna...only the greats .

She is on those legend level, and that`s just fact.

All she needs is some more time to be a certified legend. Now the publication already set the tone for that.  I think by end of the decade, when she turns 40 then its done deal.

top 10 on the amazon bestseller list:

13 Days of Swiftness: A Christmas Celebration for Fans

out labor day which seems a bit early for a xmas book, but ok. can't wait for whenever she makes her publishing debut.

9 hours ago, Oriokyo said:

She sold her ***** this year. It must be pink and she must like sex alot. 

Oh. I thought this was a classy poetic thread.

• Haha 1

Enough about her pink Sphynx cat. We need her to sell more live variants :jonny5:

• Haha 1

Dear Reader is one of the few good songs on MID, & it's one of the best sings. 

It's also the better vocoder sing on MID, & should've gone viral over the other :) 

The song is about Taylor literally telling us that she isn't a good role model because they don't actually know what happens behind close doors, "If you knew where I was walking, to a house not a home all alone cause nobody is there, where I pace in my pen and my friends found friends who care, no one sees when you lose when you play in solitaire" is one of my favorite lyrics of her of all time and perfectly closes Midnights honestly, however she knows people that people will still look up to her as a role model because "she shines so bright" and people can't stop looking at her regardless of her actions. In hindsight imo it has aged well 

I hate that google always recs SwiftyNeutral first, but this was a good thread.

https://new.reddit.com/r/SwiftlyNeutral/comments/1b5i52b/dear_reader_interpretation/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, liam13 said:

why am i seeing some swifties turn into oths? whats happening?

As if those weren't always the snarky annoying 'taylor is embarrassing ME!1!" type of "fans" anyway :rip: this forum is rotten as hell

• Like 2

Happy August to those who celebrate :jonny2:

• Like 6

Fortnight, Down Bad, and Guilty as Sin? would've made a solid 3 single run for the album. Broken Heart is kinda regressive imo but ok I guess 

:gaycat6: 

• Like 6

I've come to the conclusion the only songs I'm "meh" on are Florida, Robin and How Did It End? * prepares to be stoned for not appreciating the last one *

28/31 is pretty good Tay!

Anyone else thinks it's fun to plan Taylor's future career?:celestial5:

• October: Kamala endorsement
  • December: reputation (Taylor's Version)
  • January-August: Feature film production
  • May: Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) + documentary release about The Eras Tour and the re-recordings
  • July: Film trailer release
  • October: Feature film release
  • March: The Oscars (we know she'll plan around this nnn)
  • April: TS12 + Coachella
  • April-October: festivals
  • Break, small side projects
  • February: Super Bowl Performance, TS13, World tour announcement
  • April-December: World Tour

• World Tour

• Like 2

All I know is that she ain't releasing rep tv or debut tv this year

:giraffe:

• Like 4

There is 1 year gap between each 2 TV's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LastKiss said:

All I know is that she ain't releasing rep tv or debut tv this year

:giraffe:

Wouldn't she want to "close" the TVs after her ERAS tour? Like finish the chapter owning all the rights to her music?

We all know where Taylor stand politically but i really hope she's gonna officially endorse Kamala at some point before the election. Kamala is doing pretty good right now and a Taylor endorsement may just guarantee her the victory.

17 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

manifestingggg :jonny3:

Wait this is amazing omfg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, torontowest91 said:

Wouldn't she want to "close" the TVs after her ERAS tour? Like finish the chapter owning all the rights to her music?

We know she greedy, she'll extend the tv's as long as she can to continue making more coins 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Peroxide said:

28/31 is pretty good Tay!

Almost there! :clap3:

GROWTH!

31/31 for me. :heart:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LastKiss said:

We know she greedy, she'll extend the tv's as long as she can to continue making more coins 

What does that have to do with anything? it wouldn't make her any less or more coin

Actually she's probably lost money since the TVs have made her cut her huge album campaigns short, those smashes shouldve been all over the media being promoted, but her being stuck in this still is holding her back tbh

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Fortnight, Down Bad, and Guilty as Sin? would've made a solid 3 single run for the album. Broken Heart is kinda regressive imo but ok I guess 

:gaycat6: 

While I love both DB & GAS, releasing both, especially back to back wouldn't work since they're kinda same-y...

as for your later point, couldn't agree more, like I want to convince myself that it was a mistake and she was actually pointing at loml when they brought her the tracklist to choose while she was changing inbetween sets :toofunny2:

I'm really not expecting an endorsement at this point, just for security reasons. Trump, one of the few people on the planet with better security than her was a hair's breadth away from getting shot like three weeks ago, and she's about to do a run of stadium shows in the US (all in conservative states too, fwiw) for literally the three weeks leading up to the election. If she were a different artist with a different place in US society (and if she didn't have the baggage from some right wingers of having "abandoned" them by leaving country and coming out for Democrats in the first place), or if she didn't have crowds of 70k people assembling in relatively lightly secured venues just days before the election, I think she might be more inclined. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Starchild said:

What does that have to do with anything? it wouldn't make her any less or more coin

Actually she's probably lost money since the TVs have made her cut her huge album campaigns short, those smashes shouldve been all over the media being promoted, but her being stuck in this still is holding her back tbh

Maybe she hasn't wanted to be on the media being promoted

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.