Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 hours ago, aotearoa said:

TTPD 10 weeks at #1? :eatpopcorn:

Oh it's 100% locked in that she is getting that 10th week. She may reign all the way until Posty releases in August 16th (unless Eminem releases before then which is very possible). 

• Like 1

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

23 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Cried to Robin today

spacer.png

I've been there sis

SVHT1.gif

10 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Oh it's 100% locked in that she is getting that 10th week. She may reign all the way until Posty releases in August 16th (unless Eminem releases before then which is very possible). 

Is he releasing? Didnt know… damn

• Like 1

After Beyonce, Taylor and Morgan help… if its not a hit album he is over 

Oh here we go again

2Wj09o9.gif

2 negative updates in a row on pop radio for fortnight. is it over now? 

38 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

hopefully! love the song and it did what it did but now it's time to move on to single #2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

They definitively should move on to single #2 at this point.

43 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

it's been over since release :suburban:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I fear we might not get #2 single and just go into a new TV. Fortnight is giving only child :chick1:

Max and Dr. Luke confirmed to be working together again for KP6...could this be why Taylor doesn't work with him anymore?

But then again, she acknowledged him publicly in the Stockholm show

Do we know if she will push another single/mv for the album? It feels in a way we are getting the Taylor's Version rollout where she drops it and them forget about it (except with the charts and reissues).

Was at a pride party last week and ICDWABH came on and a lot of people bopped to the song and some were surprised when I told them it was from Taylor, don't know if has some potential for summer. And I'd love a Down Bad mv with the tour aesthetic too. :'(

Ok....soooo.... after everything that's been revealed about Katy this morning I really hope she air brushes her out of the YNTCD mv like she did the "Fat" scene in the Anti-Hero MV....STAT :suburban:

• Haha 1

Icdwabh can remain a viral album track. Guilty as Sin needs to be the next single. Not only is it one of the best songs of her career but it'll showcase a different aspect of the album (and really the majority of the album is more in the vain of Guilty as Sin than Fortnight and icdwabh). If not GAS, then I'm fine with Down Bad being the second single, third after GAS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Starting my imagonnagetyouback for 2nd single campaign today:lakitu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is giving exile flashback. We are beghing her every weeks since August to Dec for her to release it as a single. And the ***** said no and throw evermore to our face. Its kinda insane Folklore get 8b stream on Spotify with only 1 single.

Look like she wants TTPD to do the same. The most stream album of all time with 1 single. So random

• Like 1

She should have made videos ovr the years for the folklore and evermore songs so that they could get a proper era.... and it could have brought attention back to those albums over the years if they had videos with some performances on a couple of shows. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Icdwabh can remain a viral album track. Guilty as Sin needs to be the next single. Not only is it one of the best songs of her career but it'll showcase a different aspect of the album (and really the majority of the album is more in the vain of Guilty as Sin than Fortnight and icdwabh). If not GAS, then I'm fine with Down Bad being the second single, third after GAS.

It really doesn't. This idea that it would be a bigger hit than ICDIWABH is deluded. 

• Like 3

This is one of the saddest moments on the album 

But you're in self-sabotage mode
Throwing spikes down on the road
But I've seen this episode and still loved the show
Who else decodes you? 

Her airy vocals throughout this song really drove home the depression she felt 

Spoiler

The first verse, first and second pre-chorus, and chorus deserved so much more than what she gave them in the rest of the song with that awful second verse and clunky bridge :chick1:

Edited by Cleanromantic
  • Like 1

So I'll be honest: the title track has really grown on me and I don't even mind the second verse now (I've always "gotten it", it was just funny to hear at first, but it does describe what she's conveying, so it's fine), but I'll never get over that clunky ass wedding ring line in the bridge. It's tied with that line in I Hate It Here as worst lyric on the album. :gaycat6:

And I feel like it's known I have been a staunch supporter and defender of TTPD since the leak day one, I love 29/31 songs, I think it's in her top three best albums, etc etc., but that line never fails to send me. :dies:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 1989 said:

So I'll be honest: the title track has really grown on me and I don't even mind the second verse now (I've always "gotten it", it was just funny to hear at first, but it does describe what she's conveying, so it's fine), but I'll never get over that clunky ass wedding ring line in the bridge. It's tied with that line in I Hate It Here as worst lyric on the album. :gaycat6:

And I feel like it's known I have been a staunch supporter and defender of TTPD since the leak day one, I love 29/31 songs, I think it's in her top three best albums, etc etc., but that line never fails to send me. :dies:

I still fully stand by my belief that there is technically nothing wrong with the Charlie Puth lyric, as you said it perfectly encapsulates what she was going for. But the issue is that 'Puth' is just not… a pleasant-sounding word to sing in a song :deadbanana4: Like, it's clunky, but it's not that the lyrics are bad. It's just sonically kind of awkward. I'm sure that's what she was going for though.

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I still fully stand by my belief that there is technically nothing wrong with the Charlie Puth lyric, as you said it perfectly encapsulates what she was going for. But the issue is that 'Puth' is just not… a pleasant-sounding word to sing in a song :deadbanana4: Like, it's clunky, but it's not that the lyrics are bad. It's just sonically kind of awkward. I'm sure that's what she was going for though.

It's this exactly. It's not pleasant-sounding when spoken, even worse when sung. But I mean, there's really only one way she could sing it, so it's fine. I've learned to look past it, just like I've learned to be fine with the whole second verse. Yes, it's dumb, but that's literally what she was going for, and as you said, it's not badly written. 

Poor Charlie Puth :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

I'm excited for "Us", Jack and Aaron co-productions have literally always been amazing. :ihype:

• Like 1

Best average year end rankings between AOTY for critics, and Billboard 200 for popularity, during the streaming era:

To Pimp a Butterfly 8.5

<*1989 8.5

Un verano sin ti 7 [lost to harry]

Future Nostalgia 7<folklore

*Midnights 6

Invasion of privacy 5.5 [lost to kacey]

*Folklore 4.5

Sour 3.5 [lost to jon]

Lemonade 3 [lost to adele] 

*When We All Fall Asleep 2.5

Damn 1  [lost to bruno]

Taylor showing up thrice for her AOTY winners, despite OTHs swearing she deserves none of her critically acclaimed and highly popular wins...

I know Sabrina prob doesnt want to rely too much on Taylor but it would be cool if Taylor was featured on one of the songs on Short N Sweet or if she wrote and gifted her a song like she did with Olivia on her debut album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.