Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Sophie and the Gang is actually so good. And then it is followed up by How Did It End? ... Oh biblical. :jonny: 

• Like 3

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I Can Do It already went viral on Tiktok I feel like it already had its run, Bejeweled teas.

GAS the other hand...

5 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Do you guys prefer the standard album or The Anthology?

I've seen a lot of people say they prefer The Anthology, but I much prefer the standard album. However I have only listened to The Anthology twice so it might be that too. I adore So High School and Thank You Aimee, and I also like Imgonnagetyouback. But the rest hasn't interested me much so far.

Personally I prefer the standard. The last 4 tracks of The Anthology give me deluxe teas, not proper double album tbh. 

5 hours ago, Starchild said:

You would think they would care about the black fans too since we're getting drowned in KKK imagery from the people that supposedly hate white women (even tho all their generic pop girls are ******* white bread) and think it's ok to call us Nazis and racists. Aren't we supposed to be "protected" according to their dumbass rules?

Yeah it's truly disgusting and vile. 

Manifesting My Boy & title track acoustic CDs for today :jonny: 

I truly think nothing else will happen. Everything we got in the first week is what she will release for TTPD.

Are we staying at number one 9 weeks running?

1 minute ago, NorbertMinaj said:

Predictions say yes. 

This is an album about Joe and Matty healy. Like i said before........She probably wants to move away from this era fast for that reason.
I dont see us gettin more videos :giraffe:

i was angry how in the 1989 taylors version we didnt get any videos.
Then i realized. Clean was the video of the re-recording

2 hours ago, NorbertMinaj said:

I'm pretty sure she'll stay at #1, yes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Deservedly so !

thank ya!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorbertMinaj said:

Deservedly so !

thank ya!

You're welcome :wink:

24 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Deservedly so !

thank ya!

I love this picture so much 

GQSYT6fW8AAyrln?format=jpg&name=large

It perfectly captures the album's emotional bandwidth and turmoil.

• Like 5

Does anyone know if the Bascome Twins enjoyed the album? I want to watch their reaction but don't want to be triggered :gaycat7:

5 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

Manifesting My Boy & title track acoustic CDs for today :jonny: 

Well, where are they? My wallet was perched and ready to be exploited by the greed they talk about in the bible or whatever the THOTs say :suburban:

On 6/16/2024 at 5:34 AM, taylor__fan said:

I used to think that she will slow down in her career and take a break to have a family. But first of all, we are not even sure if she really wants that for herself right now. And even if she does, the fact that she has been able to record TTPD while on a massive WW tour (and it's a double album), makes me believe she is not going to stop making music.

2020-2023 were also a proof that she can just lay down, don't tour, don't promote and still record a lot of music and share it with us.

Exactly. We dont know if she wants that path tbh (though Taylor would make such an amazing mom...I kinda wish she was my mom :'( LMAO). But yeah she prob wont take a huge break ever. At most when I say a break she'll prob take like two proper years of not doing anything but being a mom. Not a 6+ year break or anything like that. I genuinely think she needs to create. Like its a necessity for her and the way she has expressed how much she loves making music makes me think we wont have huge droughts ever tbh

On 6/16/2024 at 5:44 AM, Sweeftie13 said:

in my opinion she is saving physical copies of The Anthology, Midnights 3AM til the down, Evermore LPS, Lover deluxe and all of taylor's complete deluxe version to occupy the top of the BB200 like she did with the Hot 100. It's the only thing that's truly legendary that she misses, maybe she could release all those physical copies along with the superbowl

That would be iconic if she can snatch the entire top 10 on the BB200 :jonny2: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

I love this picture so much 

GQSYT6fW8AAyrln?format=jpg&name=large

It perfectly captures the album's emotional bandwidth and turmoil.

It's so elegant. I know this sounds crazy but she looks like a woman waiting for her husband to come back from the war back in like the 40s or something. They have one kid together and she's been writing poetry about him not knowing he has passed away in one of the battles :jonny5: :cries:

• Like 2

For TS12 I hope we get stronger melodies. While TTPD is my fav album of hers, I can be objective in the sense that a good portion of the record has "unremarkable" melodies (while there are also career highlights in terms of melodies on there too though). I hope she focuses on creating eargasmic moments. On TTPD you can tell she NEEDED to release the words in her mind which sometimes compromised a melody. In TS12 I hope the melody leads and instructs her lyrical placement and vocal pacing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

For TS12 I hope we get stronger melodies. While TTPD is my fav album of hers, I can be objective in the sense that a good portion of the record has "unremarkable" melodies (while there are also career highlights in terms of melodies on there too though). I hope she focuses on creating eargasmic moments. On TTPD you can tell she NEEDED to release the words in her mind which sometimes compromised a melody. In TS12 I hope the melody leads and instructs her lyrical placement and vocal pacing. 

Couldn't have said it better. As much as i adore TTPD, i do want her next album to have stronger melodies, i want it to be more "instant". I'm also very curious to see how the critical reception of TTPD has affected her plans for TS12, i just know she was hurt by it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Enrique523 said:

Couldn't have said it better. As much as i adore TTPD, i do want her next album to have stronger melodies, i want it to be more "instant". I'm also very curious to see how the critical reception of TTPD has affected her plans for TS12, i just know she was hurt by it.

Absolutely! That's the great thing about taylor. She takes criticism in stride (usually). I do find that 99% of the criticism thrown at TTPD was greatly unfair but in regards to melody I always felt like it was rather fair. I think in order for her to make something a little "tighter" and instant she'd have work through a process of elimination whereas with TTPD she was pretty generous in the filtering process (which I'm grateful for! I love that we received 31 songs and I LOVE that the record feels like a constant stream of consciousness / isnt too thought out....it feels appropriate for this record but idk if it will be a second time around hence why I really would love for TS12 to be that tighter / instant record. It would also help recalibrate and course correct some of that criticism chucked at her more recently which I know she tends to care about). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

Absolutely! That's the great thing about taylor. She takes criticism in stride (usually). I do find that 99% of the criticism thrown at TTPD was greatly unfair but in regards to melody I always felt like it was rather fair. I think in order for her to make something a little "tighter" and instant she'd have work through a process of elimination whereas with TTPD she was pretty generous in the filtering process (which I'm grateful for! I love that we received 31 songs and I LOVE that the record feels like a constant stream of consciousness / isnt too thought out....it feels appropriate for this record but idk if it will be a second time around hence why I really would love for TS12 to be that tighter / instant record. It would also help recalibrate and course correct some of that criticism chucked at her more recently which I know she tends to care about). 

Once again, couldn't agree more. I remember there was a mixed review (don't remember which one) that talked about how the lyricism was overall top notch but they found the melodies lackluster, especially over 31 songs. And there's some truth to it, even if most of the negative reviews were clearly more interested in talking about how much of a supposedly "problematic" person she is rather than the actual content of the album :toofunny3:

• Like 2

Just saw that I got a shipping notification today for two variants. I think week 9 is locked. :bird:

I'll tell you something right now
I'd rather burn my whole life down
Than listen to one more second of all this griping and moaning
I'll tell you something about my good name
It's mine alone to disgrace
I don't cater to all these vipers dressed in empath's clothing

This part of but daddy I love him has been stuck in my Brian the whole day... the way it's her best song too :jonnycat:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

I'll tell you something right now
I'd rather burn my whole life down
Than listen to one more second of all this griping and moaning
I'll tell you something about my good name
It's mine alone to disgrace
I don't cater to all these vipers dressed in empath's clothing

This part of but daddy I love him has been stuck in my Brian the whole day... the way it's her best song too :jonnycat:

A lot of her songs have been stuck in my Brian too, i wonder how many other Brians this happened too :clownny:

• Like 2

Truth, dare, spin bottles

You know how to ball, I know Aristotle

Brand new, full-throttle

Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto

It's true, swear, scouts honor

You knew what you wanted and boy, you got her

Brand new, full-throttle

You already know, babe 

This has to be the single from the Anthology. It's too damn catchy and fun :jonnycat:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Just saw that I got a shipping notification today for two variants. I think week 9 is locked. :bird:

Wish they saved it for a competitive week :'( I think she had the 9th week on lock regardless tbh. She's only competing against Imagine Dragons right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.