Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

She'll 100% remain #1 until Eminem's album in early July, his debut will most likely be in the 500k range considering it has the hype of being "the end" of his Slim Shady persona and how massively well Houdini was received by his fanbase, probably the best received since the 00s :rip:

• Like 1

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

6 hours ago, Arrows said:

I've come to the conclusion that The Prophecy and The Black Dog are the best songs on the album and both are top 15 in her discography. 

The Prophecy is so Kacey Musgraves in the best way possible, but with swiftian lyrics. 

The Kacey comparison is interesting and I don't know if I'd clocked it in The Prophecy (I see what you mean though) but I have in other Anthology tracks. The guitar-driven songs remind me of Deeper Well (album) production-wise. I Hate It Here being the best example for me.

Spoiler

Highkey I wouldn't mind if Taylor worked with Kacey's producers, or other similar producers who make folk-pop-country. I love Deeper Well and Golden Hour but sometimes find myself wanting more melodically from Kacey's music, just a personal thing I suppose. Taylor has almost never let me down on the melodic side of things, so I'd love to hear what she can do over that soundscape produced by someone entirely different from Aaron. He's amazing, but can leave very distinct marks on the music he produces for her. 

A side-note that her inflections and overall delivery in CoSoSoM remind me of Joni Mitchell a bit, in the same way they did in Peace. And Aaron himself actually made that comparison at some point with the latter song. I'm not sure if Taylor listens to her anymore for obvious reasons, but I'd love her to go further into a jazz-folk-rock fusion sound at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Is it me or does this song have like a retro vibe to it? Like from a 80s or 90s sitcom credits scene?

I clocked that too, it gives very light new jack swing vibes imo

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Is it me or does this song have like a retro vibe to it? Like from a 80s or 90s sitcom credits scene?

Actually it does, also the sitcom approach of romance in the lyrics.

42 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

I clocked that too, it gives very light new jack swing vibes imo

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

Actually it does, also the sitcom approach of romance in the lyrics.

A shame she didn't permanently include it on the setlist of Eras Tour.

:shakeno:

4 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Nnnnn I'm too lazy to respond on my phone but you're always just spilling :suburban:

This is why liking your own posts should become a thing on here. I know I'm always correct and I have the best takes, the best opinions, and the best taste, on top of being the funniest and most attractive, yet some of my posts go unnoticed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Have we all agreed upon the fact that TTPD is her best album or at least part of the trinity? :giraffe:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Extremely Stable said:

Have we all agreed upon the fact that TTPD is her best album or at least part of the trinity? :giraffe:

Yes we did :clap3:

My UK signed copy just arrived :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

Yes we did :clap3:

:clap3:top 3 for sure, Its weird but it's so hard to go back to her old albums after this one:rip: it's so different 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You ****-talked me under the table
Talking rings and talking cradles
I wish I could un-recall
How we almost had it all
Dancing phantoms on the terrace
Are they second-hand embarrassed
That I can't get out of bed?
Cause something counterfeit's dead

:weeps::weeps::weeps:

• Like 5

Is it just me or are the usual suspects trying REALLY hard this week :coffee2:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Is it just me or are the usual suspects trying REALLY hard this week :coffee2:

It's so exhausting. Every new thread is about Taylor in a negative way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zuper said:

It's so exhausting. Every new thread is about Taylor in a negative way. 

"New" thread is very generous when they haven't had a new argument since 2021 :mandown:

• Like 2

I'm not even gonna lie, I disliked TTPD (song) on release but now it has grown so much on me :rip: 

The hate train omg… it's not even justified? What has she even done?! She's released variants of HER music… like WHAT. The fact that this website is calling her a FASCIST and sharing memes that highlight her as part of the KKK? What the?! So unserious omg but like they seem so committed to this blind hate… it's so bizarre. Tayvoodoo be with us! I rebuke this **** in the name of the Taylord! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her best alberm, btw. It's still scalping me. My last.fm indicates it's already in my top 50 oot 

5 hours ago, Extremely Stable said:

We absolutely did and anyone who disagree is a not nice person who deserves not nice things to happen to them :gaycat1:

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

:clap3:top 3 for sure, Its weird but it's so hard to go back to her old albums after this one:rip: it's so different 

Tell me about it. The album has been out for almost 2 months and i'm STILL obsessed with it in a way i've never been with any of her older albums. I haven't even been that obsessed with Evermore :rip:

1 hour ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

The hate train omg… it's not even justified? What has she even done?! She's released variants of HER music… like WHAT. The fact that this website is calling her a FASCIST and sharing memes that highlight her as part of the KKK? What the?! So unserious omg but like they seem so committed to this blind hate… it's so bizarre. Tayvoodoo be with us! I rebuke this **** in the name of the Taylord! 

...wtf is wrong with people? :rip:

I know mods are biased on this hellhole of a site but how have we gotten to this point? There HAS to be a point where it's gone too far, it's just beyond psychotic now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

I've given up already, Taylor could literally donate her entire life savings to charity tomorrow and they'd still say she's attention-seeking or compensating for her inherent evilness :coffee2:

The fact remains that there are plenty of valid things one could drag Taylor for, but the OTHs will always go for the most batshit insane double-standard excuses ever because they are quite literally obsessed :deadbanana4:

• Like 7

The biggest problem is not even the haters themselves, every pop girl has haters, it's the fact that mods are letting it happen. And OTHs know it, that's why they're so bold and unhinged, they know they'll face no consequences for their shitty behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

The biggest problem is not even the haters themselves, every pop girl has haters, it's the fact that mods are letting it happen. And OTHs know it, that's why they're so bold and unhinged, they know they'll face no consequences for their shitty behavior.

I mean one of them started arguing with me when I dared to say that maybe publicly speculating that Taylor had had a miscarriage was a bit messed up :mandown:

Also part of why I always ijbol when other fanbases whine about "swiftie mods!!! literally 1984!!!" because are you ******* serious right now

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Like 4

after having the album on repeat for nearly two months straight, leaving me practically unable to listen or enjoy my other fave's music, or Taylor's other albums for that matter.. i can say with confidence that TTPD is her best album :alexz:

• Like 1

Guilty as Sin? Streamed more than Down Bad for the first time yesterday…GASP!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.