Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 hour ago, Cooper said:

While Midnights certainly took her to the next level, Folkmore laid the foundation for that. They weren't the initial smashes that some of her other albums have been, but they did bring in a different demographic that hadn't really been there before. I'd say they're the reason she's currently bigger than she was 10 years ago.

Folklore may have laid the foundation but Midnights IS the album that put her on the next level, that is just a fact that some people need to accept. The 2020s so far have arguably been her greatest decade in terms of her statut in the industry.

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Taylor doesn't need to be a good person. And I say this as a leftist. She is not the person you should be running to for political things. I've been following her since I was in middle school---she's always been a fan of the numbers game. It's her thing.

The endless thinkpieces about this era is what's staining it for me. Wish we could all go back to the folklore/evermore/Red TV days where the PR was excellent. Alas... I'll keep streaming my condensed TTPD playlist

It's an inevitable calculated push. No artist can dominate an industry like this, occupy the conversation and capture the already very fickle attention spans THIS much without some behind the scenes people getting very upset and envious. We're witnessing the attempts, one after the other and they each fail miserably. I'm very entertained tbh and when I think about how she must be taking it I remember her TIME POTY quote:

"I've been raised up and down the flagpole of public opinion so many times in the last 20 years," she says as we tuck into a cozy den off the kitchen to talk, and she kicks off her shoes and curls up onto the sofa. "I've been given a tiara, then had it taken away." She is seemingly unguarded in conversation, reflective about both where she's been and where she finds herself now. After all, while she's long been one of the biggest entertainers in the world, this year is different. "It feels like the breakthrough moment of my career, happening at 33," she says. "And for the first time in my life, I was mentally tough enough to take what comes with that.

At the end of the day, all she's doing is her job. Releasing music and touring for her fans. If that's somehow reason for all this pathetic internet vitriol, so be it. :heart:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

It's an inevitable calculated push. No artist can dominate an industry like this, occupy the conversation and capture the already very fickle attention spans THIS much without some behind the scenes people getting very upset and envious.

Agreed with all of this. 

Though to some extent, I do want a break after the Eras/TVs/Midnights/TTPD era that we're in. I imagine she'd be able to make some of the best music she can make when she's taken a breather.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Folklore may have laid the foundation but Midnights IS the album that put her on the next level, that is just a fact that some people need to accept. The 2020s so far have arguably been her greatest decade in terms of her statut in the industry.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the Folklore era is what made it possible. The fact that those albums appealed to a lot of people that hadn't been fans before was huge for her subsequent success.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Taylor doesn't need to be a good person. And I say this as a leftist. She is not the person you should be running to for political things. I've been following her since I was in middle school---she's always been a fan of the numbers game. It's her thing.

The endless thinkpieces about this era is what's staining it for me. Wish we could all go back to the folklore/evermore/Red TV days where the PR was excellent. Alas... I'll keep streaming my condensed TTPD playlist

Just wait until her success slows down and her popularity dwindles and people will go back to be more sane about her. She just has had too big of a grip on the culture for too long for people who are obsessed with celebrity culture to stay sane tbh. 

IRL this has literally no impact. At most random people will hear about it, and never think of it again. That won't make them love or hate her in any way. If they like the music they'll listen, if they don't they won't. 

It is also good to remember that even if the hate is what's most highlighted on here, in the real world, the opinion is overwhelmingly positive as evidenced by the countless articles and media discussion about the phenomenon of Taylor Swift and The Eras Tour especially. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Agreed with all of this. 

Though to some extent, I do want a break after the Eras/TVs/Midnights/TTPD era that we're in. I imagine she'd be able to make some of the best music she can make when she's taken a breather.

Trust, there will be a long break, for music at least. She lead that 100th show speech the other day with "exhausting and life-consuming". The TVs are already done and it's just a matter of timing their release well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Trust, there will be a long break, for music at least. She lead that 100th show speech the other day with "exhausting and life-consuming". The TVs are already done and it's just a matter of timing their release well. 

While I do think a long break from touring is inevitable, I gotta say I'd be surprised if she took a long break from releasing albums as well. Unless by "long break", you mean relative to Taylor's productivity, so like 2-3 years at a maximum. 

• Like 2

My top 3 of most streamed songs on standard TTPD is: 

1) guilty as sin?

2) down bad

3) i can do it with a broken heart

I would like to see thoses songs as next singles 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Klein said:

While I do think a long break from touring is inevitable, I gotta say I'd be surprised if she took a long break from releasing albums as well. Unless by "long break", you mean relative to Taylor's productivity, so like 2-3 years at a maximum. 

I can see her doing 2025/2026 as a break. Then she will release TS12 in 2026 fall and after, 2027 will be the year of her movie and finally TS13 era in 2028/2029 ending this decade with a great movie and her most acclaimed album 

Miss Billie isn't touching her 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveLights said:

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

I'm also a leftist and i couldn't care less that Taylor is a capitalist. She's NOT the problem, politicians are.

All the think pieces about her this weekend :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

Why is NEX acting like a dumb hater though? I was saw her being cool here 

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

Why is NEX acting like a dumb hater though? I was saw her being cool here 

NEX has been weird about Taylor for a while now, i think it was only a matter of time.

3 hours ago, mael said:

Dis line about Joebless or Ratty?

:suburban:

loml is about ratty

Edited by RideOrDie

1 hour ago, Sweeftie13 said:

My top 3 of most streamed songs on standard TTPD is: 

1) guilty as sin?

2) down bad

3) i can do it with a broken heart

I would like to see thoses songs as next singles 

Those are also my top 3 on standard. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart used to be My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys, but I kind of overplayed that and it has lessened in ranking for me. Top 5 overall. From The Anthology, throw The Bolter and Chloe and friends in.

The Bolter and Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus are also in my top 10 overall songs from her. 

:party:

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Those are also my top 3 on standard. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart used to be My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys, but I kind of overplayed that and it has lessened in ranking for me. Top 5 overall. From The Anthology, throw The Bolter and Chloe and friends in.

The Bolter and Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus are also in my top 10 overall songs from her. 

:party:

What a taste :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

But Daddy I Love Him deserves the vitriol the title track gets

:clack:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Achilles. said:

In the past few hours Tortured Poets has become my 10th lord album to pass 3K plays, and folklore has surpassed The Fame Monster EP to become my 6th most played album of all time. 

:WAP:

omg last.fm reveal when

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

But Daddy I Love Him deserves the vitriol the title track gets

:clack:

...i actually agree with that :rip:

I really like But Daddy I Love Him but i fail to see how it's any better than the title track.

• Like 2

We love an album that has supposedly made no noise but has routinely been in the mouths of every chronically online hater for the last 2 months :clap3: 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

We love an album that has supposedly made no noise but has routinely been in the mouths of every chronically online hater for the last 2 months :clap3: 

yet they just made another 2 threads meant to get Taylor dragged :rip: 

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

yet they just made another 2 threads meant to get Taylor dragged :rip: 

There's at least 6 new threads every day focused on Taylor or implying she is bad morally, or bad at being a songwriter. Truly the only artist on this pop culture forum that generates that level of discussion and yet people are quick to dismiss she isn't the it girl of the mpgs. I have to laugh.

• Like 4

So when I touch down
Call the amateurs and cut 'em from the team

Ditch the clowns, get the crown
Baby I'm the one to beat

giphy.gif

This euphoric victory lap. The chemical/alchemy metaphor tonally clashing with the hammy football references. Slowly creeping into my top 5 on the album

Edited by niiall
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

There's at least 6 new threads every day focused on Taylor or implying she is bad morally, or bad at being a songwriter. Truly the only artist on this pop culture forum that generates that level of discussion and yet people are quick to dismiss she isn't the it girl of the mpgs. I have to laugh.

Add Nicki to this conversation and you're absolutely right? They're all envious and bitter lunatics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.