Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

It hurts to admit, but Down Bad has grown on me immensely.  

Did you real beam me up? 

The innuendo chile…

:suburban:

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

The excellence of WAOLOM needs to be praised more... 

I was tame, I was gentle 'til the circus life made me mean

"Don't you worry, folks, we took out all her teeth"

Who's afraid of little old me?

Well, you should be

Cause you lured me (you should be)

And you hurt me (you should be)

And you taught me

… You caged me and then you called me crazy

I am what I am 'cause you trained me

So who's afraid of me?

She really held no prisoners on this opus :clap3:

• Like 3

Anyone who claims to be a swiftie then talks bad of Down Bad deserves to be excommunicated from the Fandom. It is what it is 

those people are at cady heron level obsessed trying to turn every single thread into an excuse to attack taylor

a8b7ba9c7292455b75a5ed612ba93cb9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

My boy and down bad scream singles...id rather those other I can do it with a bad song.... sometimes i dont understand the gp taste like really they love this ... but then again they made old town road a hit song...

It fills me with so much joy when THOTS expose their suffering :jonnycat:

Give us another variant, Taylord

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

The way 90% of those lyrics are taken out of context... never trust a pick me swiftie, they're the worst breeds.

Like taking the asylum lyric and twisting it into something it's not is straight out of an oth book. This album trimming the fat of this Fandom is an added bonus to its excellence in my eyes :clap3:

I was willing to give them the benifit of the doubt but that one is just a self expose. You're either that obtuse and therefore not even qualified to preach to us about lyricism if you can't figure out a simple metaphor or you're just a fan turned hater who just can't and won't let go. Because Taylor has that power on people, even when they leave they never just move on with their lives. :deadbanana2: So either way, thanks for the chuckles (it was genuinely funny imo) & good riddance!

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, kayliah said:

Does she even want kids? She would make a great mom for sure.She is so career focused though and very ambitious and driven. She thought her career would be over in her thirties until the tides changed she thought eilish and rodrigo would be the next big things and tried to be gracious about it until folklore happened and her popularity skyrocketed to new heights.

I know some people don't want to admit it but it's really Midnights that brought her back to massive mainstream fame, not Folklore. Folklore was the album that brought "artistic credibility" in the eyes of many critics and people from the public (she already had credibility before but people didn't want to admit it).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

Dua and her album getting left out :dies:. That ~audience moves on fast huh 

Which is extremely hilarious considering Dua is WAY more popular than Charli :ahh:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I was willing to give them the benifit of the doubt but that one is just a self expose. You're either that obtuse and therefore not even qualified to preach to us about lyricism if you can't figure out a simple metaphor or you're just a fan turned hater who just can't and won't let go. Because Taylor has that power on people, even when they leave they never just move on with their lives. :deadbanana2: So either way, thanks for the chuckles (it was genuinely funny imo) & good riddance!

Some people really think taylor is a country and they get a vote :dies:

• Haha 2

I don't know why and maybe this is because I'm a geriatric swifty who watched countless hate trains start and crash and burn, but whenever the hate threads, hate hit tweets, and thinkpieces start it makes me so giddy :toofunny3:, like I literally can't stop laughing and listening to ttpd. I don't know why it's so funny to me.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Feanor said:

I guess some people are so thin-skinned they can't take it when their delusions are called out. :rofl:

I feel like there's people amongst Swifties who have this weird fetishism around the idea of Taylor being a "good person" and when she does something they consider a "good person" (whatever the f*ck that even mean :rip:) wouldn't do, they lash out and act as if she's the most evil person on the planet and deserves to be "punished" for it. It's really messed up OTH logic and i wish those people would stop with their weird delusions :toofunny3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Oh yeah, ex-fans are absolute cancer. They never just move on with their lives, they become obsessive haters. I've seen it happen with Madonna and of course it's also happening with Taylor :toofunny3:

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Enrique523 said:

I feel like there's people amongst Swifties who have this weird fetishism around the idea of Taylor being a "good person" and when she does something they consider a "good person" (whatever the f*ck that even mean :rip:) wouldn't do, they lash out and act as if she's the most evil person on the planet and deserves to be "punished" for it. It's really messed up OTH logic and i wish those people would stop with their weird delusions :toofunny3:

The fact she blocked the other one without needing the variants that only added 1k sales is the funniest thing.

Spoiler

I think I'm finding this entire ordeal funny because the excellent album everyone is raving about legit sounds like it was made by a malfunctioning robot.

Spoiler

And because that girl is bffs with Ratty, defended him countless times, likes the same weirdo podcasts and **** he likes, and attacked other an other female artist in his defense, yet all of that is a ok in the eyes of the Stans :gaycat7:

Spoiler

I truly feel like in a simulation 

• Like 2

I don't know why and maybe this is because I'm a geriatric swifty who watched countless hate trains start and crash and burn, but whenever the hate threads, hate hit tweets, and thinkpieces start it makes me so giddy :toofunny3:, like I literally can't stop laughing and listening to ttpd. I don't know why it's so funny to me.

I mean, in the music thread they just made another thread about Taylor being a bad dancer. It's so pathetic how OBSESSED they are with her :ahh:

• Haha 4

The fact she blocked the other one without needing the variants that only added 1k sales is the funniest thing.

Reveal hidden contents

I think I'm finding this entire ordeal funny because the excellent album everyone is raving about legit sounds like it was made by a malfunctioning robot.

Reveal hidden contents

And because that girl is bffs with Ratty, defended him countless times, likes the same weirdo podcasts and **** he likes, and attacked other an other female artist in his defense, yet all of that is a ok in the eyes of the Stans :gaycat7:

Reveal hidden contents

I truly feel like in a simulation 

EXACTLY. Taylor would've been #1 no matter what, even without the new variant. But they don't care, they just choose to ignore it, as they always do.

And of course they're gonna call Taylor pure evil for having briefly dated Matty but they're gonna give a complete free pass to Charli for defending him, just like they gave a free pass to the Lannister siblings when they attacked Taylor out of nowhere :toofunny3:

• Thanks 5

Just now, Enrique523 said:

EXACTLY. Taylor would've been #1 no matter what, even without the new variant. But they don't care, they just choose to ignore it, as they always do.

And of course they're gonna call Taylor pure evil for having briefly dated Matty but they're gonna give a complete free pass to Charli for defending him, just like they gave a free pass to the Lannister siblings when they attacked Taylor out of nowhere :toofunny3:

Not Lannister siblings :bibliahh:.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

I know some people don't want to admit it but it's really Midnights that brought her back to massive mainstream fame, not Folklore. Folklore was the album that brought "artistic credibility" in the eyes of many critics and people from the public (she already had credibility before but people didn't want to admit it).

Well, Folklore did have three simultaneous top 10 debuts; no other woman has been able to do that

Not Lannister siblings :bibliahh:.  

That's how i see them ever since they've shown their true faces :toofunny3:

13 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Oh yeah, ex-fans are absolute cancer. They never just move on with their lives, they become obsessive haters. I've seen it happen with Madonna and of course it's also happening with Taylor :toofunny3:

Until the root of the intense parasocial problem is addressed by the patient, the attachement will still manifest itself even in the form of negativity/hatred. Basically, they'll still need her to fill that void even when they act like they want you to believe she's the worst thing that ever happened on planet Earth. (wink wink G-Anon wink wink) No healthy person struggles with moving on from a pop star :thing:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 3

Until the root of the intense parasocial problem is addressed by the patient, the attachement will still manifest itself even in the form of negativity/hatred. Basically, they'll still need her to fill that void even when they act like they want you to believe she's the worst thing that ever happened on planet Earth. (wink wink G-Anon wink wink) No healthy person struggles with moving on from a pop star :thing:

Exactly. It also doesn't help that hating Taylor has become a true grift online, so many people on twitter get viral tweets when they hate on her while the rest of their tweets get completely ignored. She has a massive hater base online (that don't exist in real life) and it has become cool and profitable to hate her for literally any reason. And i 100% believe some critics decided to join in on it because of how famous she has become.

No other pop star (not even Madonna i think) has received so much insane hatred just because she's the one on top, we're actually witnessing history :giraffe:

• Like 3

Just now, Enrique523 said:

Exactly. It also doesn't help that hating Taylor has become a true grift online, so many people on twitter get viral tweets when they hate on her while the rest of their tweets get completely ignored. She has a massive hater base online (that don't exist in real life) and it has become cool and profitable to hate her for literally any reason. And i 100% believe some critics decided to join in on it because of how famous she has become.

No other pop star (not even Madonna i think) has received so much insane hatred just because she's the one on top, we're actually witnessing history :giraffe:

The funny thing about it is none of it translates IRL. I can't wait for the football season to start again so they have to suffer watching her enjoy her life unbothered as they pop a vein every time the camera pans to her :dies:

• Like 4

Taylor doesn't need to be a good person. And I say this as a leftist. She is not the person you should be running to for political things. I've been following her since I was in middle school---she's always been a fan of the numbers game. It's her thing.

The endless thinkpieces about this era is what's staining it for me. Wish we could all go back to the folklore/evermore/Red TV days where the PR was excellent. Alas... I'll keep streaming my condensed TTPD playlist

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

While Midnights certainly took her to the next level, Folkmore laid the foundation for that. They weren't the initial smashes that some of her other albums have been, but they did bring in a different demographic that hadn't really been there before. I'd say they're the reason she's currently bigger than she was 10 years ago.

• Like 1

The funny thing about it is none of it translates IRL. I can't wait for the football season to start again so they have to suffer watching her enjoy her life unbothered as they pop a vein every time the camera pans to her :dies:

EXACTLY. It hasn't affected her success AT ALL, which is also one of the reasons this hatred is so intense and obsessive. They desperately try to destroy her career but they just can't do it. They're a powerless vocal minority and deep down they know it :toofunny3:

They were so happy and giddy when TTPD received mixed reviews, they were so confident people would massively turn against her and she'd finally flop. But the album not only had the biggest debut of her career, it's also having huge longevity, which drove them even more insane. We've known for a very long time critics don't matter at all in the real world but they somehow deluded themselves into thinking that critics are ALL that matter now :ahh:

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.