Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

ALSO I cannot believe I read some Mic-hog Chapman praise in here, have we lost all SENSE of ourselves? 

That's what I call him too :gaycat7: imagine asking for Mr karaoke when we've gotten gems like 1989, folklore evermore ttpd (and rep for the fellow rep lovers) 

has he produced that other girl him and Scott were working with a hit yet? :pancake:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I'm so fuckin sick of these ******* shading her dude.. like **** off. It's so cringe. They're bigger fans than us atp 

NATHAN CHAPMAN produced many of her classics. Enchanted and All Too Well alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

NATHAN CHAPMAN produced many of her classics. Enchanted and All Too Well alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The way the switched and suddenly praise Christopher Rowe...

XlXyfDo.gif

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Excellent use of this meme. Poor Padme :rip: 

I'm kinda surprised only you and @TaylorNation got the Star Wars meme.

Padme was

:rip:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

I really do agree but I wonder how much of my opinion is nostalgia. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Of course the "ttpd is a trash FLop" people disliked a freaking Chapman drag :zzz: the weird attachment to people she's dropped just to have something to complain about is too much 

• Like 1

One day yall will be begging for jacks return the way some of yall pine for Nathan and Max

• Thanks 8

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

One day yall will be begging for jacks return the way some of yall pine for Nathan and Max

I really don't think this is happening anytime soon lol

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

I really don't think this is happening anytime soon lol

Someone get Jack's wife pregnant so he has to take paternity leave :gaycat6: 

Y'all being fooled by her speech that she only gave cause Max was in the room.

She's never leaving Jack/Aaron at this point, doubters need to start accepting it.

gretchen-pandlr.gif

• Like 1

It's okay to like both Nathan and Godtonoff... I do have a problem with people constantly berating others for displaying even an ounce of negativity though...

1A2N0pD.gif

7 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Wbk. Jack has produced almost 4x as many songs for Taylor as Max has and shown much more versatility. And especially these Nathan posts are so unserious. He did a cute job when Taylor was just strumming a guitar or playing some piano but he can't do much more than that. If anything she might want to try out some new producers but going back to Nathan and Max would be such a regression

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Y'all being fooled by her speech that she only gave cause Max was in the room.

She's never leaving Jack/Aaron at this point, doubters need to start accepting it.

gretchen-pandlr.gif

Is there any other singer that retained the same main producer for more than 5 projects? We've had Jack around since 2014's 1989, but he wasn't the main producer. Still, though. 6 albums is a lot of his presence. I wonder what the precedent for this is 

I'm still not sure why Jack is the one being bashed on this album when Aaron is the one who produced multiple songs that are almost identical to things on folklore and evermore. :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I love Nathan Chapman. He has grown a lot as a producer too and he and Taylor made magic as well as she is doing with dessner. I miss him .rowe sabotaged all the country records unintentionally i guess. She should have tested her rerecordings first with several country producers first. I have no choice but to listen to some of big machine master recordings cuz my favorite taylor songs were butchered to the point of being unlistenable. Also the amateurish copy and paste and vocal editing on speak now my god... prob the worst rerecording yet. Hopefully one day the old ones will come back and be hers again. 

Edited by kayliah
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

I'm still not sure why Jack is the one being bashed on this album when Aaron is the one who produced multiple songs that are almost identical to things on folklore and evermore. :deadbanana2:

Its not dessner's and antonoff's finest work. When dessner said the album was good instead of great in an interview now i know what he meant. TTPD is not top tier work.

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

What all of the (really great) think pieces being posted in here are underscoring for me is that, in spite of (or maybe because of) all its flaws, this album is more interesting to unpack than a Taylor album has been since... maybe pre-1989? If ever?

It's convoluted and actively hostile in a way that those who are reading it uncharitably are assuming is an accidental byproduct of being bad but everyone who's spent even a little time thinking critically about Taylor Swift (and I've spent far too much) can see clear as day is mostly very intentional in a way that - not to use the same word again - is just plain interesting. 

If I had to answer right now, I'd probably rank it no higher than #6 or maybe #5 on an all-time Taylor album ranking, but I'm also spending more time thinking about it than I have pretty much any of those other albums. There's so much to chew on and interrogate if you're willing to look past your misgivings about who produced what or what music you'd rather her be making instead. In many ways, this album is her unequivocal f you to that entire conversation in the first place.

• Thanks 9

Wait, was Max at the show? Can't find anything online

A month of this album and I still really hate it :\ I was expecting so much more from her and I LOVE Taylor (1989 my fave album of all time and I love Fearless, Red, Rep, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights), but this album was *really* not for me. It feels like she was focused on writing *lyrics* and seeing how many viral tiktok sounds she can get as opposed to making *music*. 

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

A month of this album and I still really hate it :\ I was expecting so much more from her and I LOVE Taylor (1989 my fave album of all time and I love Fearless, Red, Rep, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights), but this album was *really* not for me. It feels like she was focused on writing *lyrics* and seeing how many viral tiktok sounds she can get as opposed to making *music*. 

Maybe folkmore was Her limit 

• Thumbs Down 1

53 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Someone get Jack's wife pregnant so he has to take paternity leave :gaycat6: 

Someone and not Jack himself? :gaycat7:

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Wait, was Max at the show? Can't find anything online

She said in her speech before singing the medley that he was there 

• Like 1

TTPD is lowkey slam poetry set to piano

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.