Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Hmmm not sure if I agree with Willow. Champagne Problems and TTDSeason kinda ate and was ready for autumn-winter.

Willow made my Mom (who didn't care about her) a fan

It did it's job with the GP it seems

220px-Sparks_Fly_-_Single.thumb.png.7b6a

• Thanks 1

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Obsessed with the light distortion once she sings 

WERE YOU SENT BY SOMEONE?!?!?

• Like 2

with the way it's been flying up, her recent bestie/protege's song may be top 3 on WW Spotify as soon as tomorrow

me when i go to the 1830s without all the racists

bebe.gif?ex=662a3da0&is=6628ec20&hm=8c0e

• Haha 5

Fortnight 4.7M in the US :deadbanana4:

So 12% drop, bigger than Midnights sadly but still the numbers are big!

I fear Thank You Amen is about Anna Gaca.

She's been stomping her journalist heels on Taylor's NECK.

I wrote a thousand songs that you find uncool
I built a legacy that you can't undo

But when I count the scars
There's a moment of truth
That there wouldn't be this
If there hadn't been you
And maybe you've reframed it
And in your mind you never beat my spirit black and blue
I don't think you've changed much
And so I changed your name and any real defining clues, and one day
Your kid comes home singing
A song that only us two is gonna know is about you

Kim and her family actually loves Taylor's music (e.g. Love Story and Last Kiss, Delicate—taste Kim! And then obvs that Better Than Revenge video).

If it hadn't Anna bashed Lover era Taylor, we wouldn't be able to put sense into her, and get working on folklore within her subconscious. 

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 2

almost brushed off The Alchemy :jonny5:

TTPD album is reaching 1 billion streams tomorrow on Spotify.

The Man Who

Hi guys, how heavy is this album? 

I'm mentally drained at the minute but I do enjoy listening to music as it can help take my mind off things / act as a form of therapy, but I don't know if I'd be able to handle such a huge album if it's really somber / dealing with sensitive subject matters. 

Do you think I'd be best waiting to listen or do you think I'd find the music healing? I do want to listen but I'm nervous about it being too much for me right now. :chick3:

3 hours ago, Saintlor said:

I do think it's pretty awful that Taylor thinks her fans are wrong to question why she was dating him, especially since she tweeted calling out white supremacy before and then there's the whole Miss Americana doc

and THIS is my main problem with the album that I feel absolutely no one is talking about. the only engagement I see on this topic is fans blaming other fans, without really talking about the actual issue. 

the criticisms raised against that man were extremely valid, and it was lowkey concerning that she associated herself with him.

so the tone in some of the songs and lowkey blaming fans for no longer being with him is not the tea. it's giving yes, and? 

don't get me wrong, I love the album but yeah  I was disappointed with her response 

Edited by TaylorNation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, The Man Who said:

Hi guys, how heavy is this album? 

I'm mentally drained at the minute but I do enjoy listening to music as it can help take my mind off things / act as a form of therapy, but I don't know if I'd be able to handle such a huge album if it's really somber / dealing with sensitive subject matters. 

Do you think I'd be best waiting to listen or do you think I'd find the music healing? I do want to listen but I'm nervous about it being too much for me right now. :chick3:

I don't think its the type of album that would trigger the listener to feel bad/down.

All of the 'depressing' things mentioned in the album sound too personal to Taylor for the listener to be able to relate heavily. She usually writes in a way that's vague and easy for the listener to relate to, but not really this time. So I think you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

and THIS is my main problem with the album that I feel absolutely no one is talking about. the only engagement I see on this topic is fans blaming other fans, without really talking about the actual issue. 

the criticisms raised against that man were extremely valid, and it was lowkey concerning that she associated herself with him, no matter how infatuated she was.

he goes directly against everything she stands for, so the tone in some of the songs and the lowkey blaming of the base for no longer being with him is not the tea. it's giving yes, and? 

don't get me wrong, I love the album but yeah  I was disappointed with her response 

Yeah. Not to mention she has black/biracial friends. Zoe (Kravitz) even worked with her on Midnights, only for her to date a man who would find it funny to touch himself to watch black people be degraded :toofunny3:

If I were black or a POC and Taylor's friend, I would feel disrespected/hurt that Taylor would date him and also write those lyrics. 

It's giving straight girls with gay best friends, but date homophobic men... but those same girls love to think they're doing their part and are great for supporting gays and going to pride

Edited by Saintlor
  • Thumbs Down 1

meh, people have been talking that topic to death for eons now. i'm sure there are places like elsewhere on this site if that's what you want to read.

anyway, the alchemy is v addictive. antonoff did that I fear

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Fortnight 4.7M in the US :deadbanana4:

is that good or no? :monkey:

When will ajay and hthaze put up their reactions 

1 Billion streams in 1 week is like a million copies sold in 1 week. 

Vuf9tZB.gif

3 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

is that good or no? :monkey:

It's good

Just now, Migs30283 said:

It's good

we won! let's act like its our birthday everyday! :gaylorcat2:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Yeah. Not to mention she has black/biracial friends.

Wow really? She is so special.

24 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Willow made my Mom (who didn't care about her) a fan

It did it's job with the GP it seems

220px-Sparks_Fly_-_Single.thumb.png.7b6a

I love it for your Mom, an evermore stan is always welcome. :heart:

9 minutes ago, Feetree said:

When will ajay and hthaze put up their reactions 

when they have the time to edit the reaction of 31 fuckin songs

they also probably arguing with themselves if they should do 2 separate videos or not

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Wow really? She is so special.

?

I was just highlighting I thought she would've been extra mindful considering

Started with a kiss
"Oh, we must stop meeting like this"
But it always ends up with a town car speeding
Out the drive one evening
Ended with the slam of a door
Then he'll call her a *****
Wish he wouldn't be sore
But as she was leaving
It felt like breathing

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lmao a lot of the things Ratty did were blown out of proportion. Like, no way y'all actually think he's a nazi. Don't get me wrong, he's trash but a concept a lot of people don't seem to get is that celebrities don't move the way chronically online losers do. They judge people based on real life experiences, not some list of "problematic behaviour" people online throw around at their convenience. That's why the fan response to the relationship was pathetic. If you were disappointed, that's mostly fine but thinking you have the authority to tell her who she should date is loser behaviour and she rightfully called people out for that :michael:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.