Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 minutes ago, I'm JAVIng Fun said:

No not that, I was talking about the heart emoji colors haha.

She'll get Apple to add new emojis :gaycat3:

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

but then she couldn't make both track 5s about Toe :bird:

Well sis it's TECHNICALLY track 21

:khalyan2:

And there's no shortage of Track 5 options on side B…

The Anthology >>> TTPD, it's crazy how the second album is growing on me, each track keeps stomping on me, I'm floored :WAP: what an era, 31 songs and I truly enjoy each one of them, not a single skip, some of them work in the context of the albums only but they're all enjoyable.

HOW DID IT END IS TRULY DESTROYING ME, the melody, the lyrics, the production, UGH I THINK IT'S MY FAV SO FAR

So Long, London's production is exquisite 

GUILTY AS SIN WHAT AN EXPERIENCE, makes me feel like a wh0re

WAOLOM? vocals and delivery are a career highlight 

TSMWEL SHE WAS MAD AND READY TO BURN HER PEN :WAP: I think it's my second fave

so many moments to highlight, I think this is on track to become my 2nd fav Tay album ever, let's see if it can dethrone Speak Now at #1

• Like 3

I think Loml is officially the saddest song she's written since My Tears Ricochet. Lord.

Edited by Peroxide
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ohjulia said:

The more I listen to thank you Aimee, the less I think it's about Kim. I found this video on TikTok. What do you think? 🤔 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRwF7eCG/

Wait I'm gagged. A lot of Taylor songs clearly reuse themes and have double meanings. Like not every single song is 100% about one thing, so I don't doubt the song is about Kim but also about others including Karlie. And, Karlie was also Knockout in the Bad Blood video throwing punches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

My bedsheets are ablaze

I've screamed 

His name

Building up like waves

crashing over my grave

oh the pen was penning

what if the way you hold me is actually what's holy?

if long suffering propriety is what they want from me

they don't know how you've haunted me so stunningly

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peroxide said:

Well sis it's TECHNICALLY track 21

:khalyan2:

And there's no shortage of Track 5 options on side B…

There's no shortage of Track 5s throughout the entire album (loml being a great example). What I was focusing on was the Toe part. I think those are the only two songs for him on the entire album (you could argue loml is one of them too)

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

she still has orange :fan:

🧡

Reveal hidden contents

hot avi btw 

spacer.png

So orange confirmed for TS12? :coffee2:

Spoiler

also aww thanks :heart:, If you're wondering he's Joe Manganiello (aka another Joe :coffee:) so I rather not disclose that info haha.

Just now, Dear Reader said:

There's no shortage of Track 5s throughout the entire album (loml being a great example). What I was focusing on was the Toe part. I think those are the only two songs for him on the entire album (you could argue loml is one of them too)

Yeah that's fair. The vast majority of the album is for Matty…

I think My Boy and Down Bad could possibly be Toe songs too but neither are specific enough for us to paint a complete picture.

11 minutes ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

Literally. The way people process music now is so annoying.

To be fair, if people give a 2 hour album a chance and don't like it, they have no obligation to keep listening. It's like saying if you watch the first Lord of the Rings movie only once, you can't judge it without rewatches + watching the other trilogy movies. People are allowed to not like it and keep moving.

Parts of this album feel like a theatrical production. Like "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?", "The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived," and "How Did It End?" could all be overtures to an entire production centered around each storyline. They have these sonic flourishes that give them the feel of a small theatre 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 2

TS12 will be orange and TS13 will be some sort of spectrum/prism ( :rip: )

2 minutes ago, I'm JAVIng Fun said:

So orange confirmed for TS12? :coffee2:

Reveal hidden contents

also aww thanks :heart:, If you're wondering he's Joe Manganiello (aka another Joe :coffee:) so I rather not disclose that info haha.

Spoiler

oh girl, don't need to tell me who he is, I damn sure know :celestial5:

• Like 1

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

TS13 Kaleidoscope confirmed omg :jonny4:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lazuli said:
  1. But Daddy I Love Him
  2. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
  3. Guilty As Sin?
  4. Fortnight
  5. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
  6. Clara Bow
  7. Down Bad
  8. The Tortured Poets Department
  9. Florida!!!
  10. So Long, London
  11. Fresh Out The Slammer
  12. The Alchemy
  13. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?
  14. loml
  15. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived
  16. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

iJG3EB4.gif

1. The Black Dog
  2. Robin
  3. So High School
  4. imgonnagetyouback
  5. The Manuscript
  6. I Hate It Here
  7. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
  8. I Look in People's Windows
  9. The Bolter
  10. The Albatross
  11. How Did It End?
  12. Peter
  13. Cassandra
  14. The Prophecy
  15. thanK you aIMee

iJG3EB4.gif

TTPD >>> The Anthology

• Like 1

This TS 12/13 talk and here's me trying not to read too much into a common thread I've noticed in both parts 1/2's closers. :dancehall:

Edited by Mandalore

3 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

We're absolutely overdue for orange (poor Beautiful Eyes), gold… a rainbow style approach would be so nice for TS13… but if she decided to do a pure Country album I think we'll get a dark green.

I feel like there's an increase of Joelors recently :rip:

The need to defend him... 

It is *very* apparent journalists were itching to air out their personal grievances with her in these reviews. :deadbanana4:

I was kinda expecting it before we even heard the album tbh. With her billionaire status, "eco-terrorism" claims, "chart manipulation tactics," Travis relationship all over tv every weekend during football season, "not talking about Palestine" complaints, overexposure, people hating the name of the album as soon as she announced it, etc. … her detractors were WAITING to pounce. Some of these are valid critiques, but it was never going to be about the actual music for some. Not liking the album is fine, but this vitriol is something else lol.

Anyway, stream SOTY Guilty as Sin.

• Like 7

Loml and the Manuscript are the piano songs I just can't get into. The others (HDIE?, Smallest Man, Peter, Cassandra, Chloe or Sam..) are some of the greatest songs of her career :chick3:

34 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Do you guys have the links to that? I'd love to check it out. Specially the pieces of clothes/lyrics relation. 

Yes! Check @taylorswiftstyled on insta, the specific posts I'm talking about at still visible on her stories, but if you scroll down her posts you'll find more... Taylor is fully mental in the most positive way. I feel her entire life is an easter egg and walking clues. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

TS13 Kaleidoscope confirmed omg :jonny4:

Welcome to New York's "kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats" foreshadowing, oh wow :jonny2:

Just like New Year's Day foreshadows "Midnights" and "evermore" (I want your midnights) / (you and me for evermore)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Do you guys have the links to that? I'd love to check it out. Specially the pieces of clothes/lyrics relation. 

I'll find them on Reddit again later and DM you :gaycat: Lost whatever threads I found while browsing in bed last night nnnn

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

This TS 12/13 and here's me trying not to read too much into a common thread I've noticed in both parts 1/2's closers. :dancehall:

IF Taylor retires there's no way she would do it before releasing a 13th studio album. That number has been too good to her.

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.