Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence | a Frank Sinatra biopic in the works

Cardcaptor Sakura

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar! :eek:

I hope those plans change. I don't need that from my fave (Leo)

Edited by Tudors

Wow, this could be great if done right. Interesting that it's Martin Scorsese's project because Sinatra's estate has been blocking him for years to make the biopic because he wanted to explore his alleged connections to the mob.

Nnn another flop loading... if they want to make a biopic of a singer...then make one of gaga or beyonce..singers who are actually relevant and deserve to have their biopic while they are still young

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, shimind said:

Nnn another flop loading... if they want to make a biopic of a singer...then make one of gaga or beyonce..singers who are actually relevant and deserve to have their biopic while they are still young

That's...literally not the point of a biopic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Fun fact: This is the second time that Leonardo DiCaprio is portraying an influential 20th-century Hollywood figure who was romantically involved with Ava Gardner in a Martin Scorsese film.

The Academy loves biopics about Hollywood and celebrities, as long as the film isn't a total flop. I think Scorsese will finally break his losing streak with this one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, shimind said:

Or Jojo Siwa for that Gen Z audience :WAP:

• Haha 9

not with that 3.5 hours runtime again :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Neither of them look like Frank or Ava but I'm interested nonetheless 

• Like 1

He looks nothing like sinatra

Dr. Alexander

Leo will have to lose a lot of weight and AI will have to put in a lot of work to make him appear younger on screen.

Casting a 50 year old to portray a 30-something year old is a choice.

Sinatra has such an iconic and trademark face, the nose, the chin. his face is long/rectangular, while leo is round/diamond.

I was worried that JLaw wasn't getting any offers after her recent films have underperformed. I hope this gets made soon.

Glad to see Jen taking projects again.

I doubt this'll be an Oscar calibre film, but I love seeing her try out different types of roles. No Hard Feelings was lowkey hilarious.

Leo as Sinatra sounds weird

I like JLaw, I think there would be more fitting choices, but I'm inclined to trust her. Leo on the other hand... hm.

ghows_image-NC-d8ac5b4d-3fd9-4edd-a944-7

He sure could do a post-My Way 70s Sinatra with some make-up.

frank-sinatra-the-man-and-his-music-part-3of3.jpg

But if Ava is a starring role they will probably focus on his 20s to 40s. And that's just not Leo. I think Sinatra had the cheeky boy-ish look that Leo has, but his face was just more distinctive.

frank-sinatra-1963-billboard-650.jpg?w=6

Edited by The Next Day

Sounds more straightforward and less made for just critics and awards

Maybe he'll stop his streak of 0 time Oscar winners

Nice project for Jennifer. She needs good roles again 

:jonnycat:

Ugh...bad casting. Already starting off on the wrong foot tbh. 

Leonardo is older and crusty now, so I could see him playing older Sinatra, but he just doesn't have the charm nor could I picture him being menacing and threatening (Sinatra's mob ties). Leo just exudes old dork, or sleazy dude at the bar. They need someone like Jon Hamm (though not Jon Hamm) who can exude true confidence & affability. 

2 hours ago, JoJo said:

Fun fact: This is the second time that Leonardo DiCaprio is portraying an influential 20th-century Hollywood figure who was romantically involved with Ava Gardner in a Martin Scorsese film.

The Academy loves biopics about Hollywood and celebrities, as long as the film isn't a total flop. I think Scorsese will finally break his losing streak with this one.

Why does Marty insist on miscasting the role of Ava Gardner? :doc: Kate Beckinsale was awful, J.Law would be even worse. 

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

Sounds more straightforward and less made for just critics and awards

Maybe he'll stop his streak of 0 time Oscar winners

He already got his oscar 

Jennifer, im going to need to have a lengthy discussion with your agent because what the **** is happening

JLaw is coming for that Oscar me thinks :suburban:

15 hours ago, PatrickGray.12 said:

I was worried that JLaw wasn't getting any offers after her recent films have underperformed. I hope this gets made soon.

None of them.... underperformed? DLU got a bunch of Oscar nominations, Causeway was an indie that resulted in an Oscar nomination and good reviews. No Hard Feelings got good reviews and made it's money. 

All of them got her praise on acting. It's been her choice to be on breaks.

Not feeling this, Also Leo is too old and doesnt look like sinatra at all or have the musicality

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.