Consanguineous couple open snack shop, chaos ensues

Gelato

Couple Gordon Burton and Charlotte "PS2 Hagrid" Stevens, as well as Paul Bennett, are the proprietors of Burton and Bennett Snacks, a new business that opened in Burnley, England in March 2024.

On opening they received considerable attention due to their limited stock, individual sale of multipack items, and the fact all the furniture seemed to have been obtained for free on Facebook Marketplace.

Since then, other businesses have started donating stock to them, a floor fitter paid for and installed new flooring for them, and a local graphic designer created a new logo and signage. But the shop is still covered in mould and their attempt at painting the walls is shoddy at best.

Their first attempt at selling baked potatoes was immediately put to a stop by health inspectors given the fact they were preparing food on an old office desk (which doubles as the point of payment) and had neither a sink nor a refrigerator to store the ingredients.

Since then, some worktops have been installed for food preparation but there's still no sink :rip: 

The shop has recently had its first official food safety inspection and fans are eagerly awaiting for the report to be published and the star rating revealed. Recently some clips have circulated of the gang farting and smoking in the store, near the food preparation area.

https://www.tiktok.com/@notburtonbennett/video/7358555393817300257

(this one won't embed properly)

The saga hasn't been without controversy as various allegations have been made about Paul, who apparently appeared on Jeremy Kyle. A prank caller uploaded a video of what is allegedly a stream of homophobic abuse from Gordon and Paul in response to his call.

In conclusion, what a mess.

Edited by Gelato

omg im about to sound so conceited but ... these kinds of people are so common in the UK and it's what makes me want to leave so much

so many ppl in this country are like .. BRAINDEAD 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, May said:

omg im about to sound so conceited but ... these kinds of people are so common in the UK and it's what makes me want to leave so much

so many ppl in this country are like .. BRAINDEAD 

oh yes 100%, the only way to survive is to distance yourself from locals and live in a bubble of people who aren't scrotes 

Edited by Gelato

1 hour ago, Gelato said:

Since then, other businesses have started donating stock to them, a floor fitter paid for and installed new flooring for them, and a local graphic designer created a new logo and signage. But the shop is still covered in mould and their attempt at painting the walls is shoddy at best.

Aren't these things you take care of before grand opening lol

Considering everything donated they can't even get decent painting done or fix the mold issue like.....

Edited by Into The Void
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Gelato said:

the building :rip:

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-13-09-25.png

its even shittier on the outside

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

Aren't these things you take care of before grand opening lol

Considering everything donated they can't even get decent painting done or fix the mold issue like.....

yeah :rip:

They were also supposed to have all the mould removed (and the walls painted properly) before the guy put down the new flooring but when he arrived it was still there and they just said they did the best they could :skull:

1 minute ago, Burn said:

Adam is cute. :bird:

omg wow :heart:

I barely check their actual account because they blocked me during a live (for challenging the alleged homophobia) and using TT while not logged in is a pain :rip:

:psyduck:

"PS2 Hagrid" :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Poxy said:

"PS2 Hagrid" :deadbanana4:

it's hilarious :deadbanana2:

I used to feel bad but she's not offended and they even started selling "Burton & Bennett Snacks, Home of PS2 Hagrid" mugs on TikTok Shop to capitalise on it :rip:

This thread was the most boring read of the year so far. So disappointing :gaycat6:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Troll Idle said:

This thread was the most boring read of the year so far. So disappointing :gaycat6:

sorry you don't appreciate some classic uk drama and a woman scratching her coochie in a promotional video

you need to watch from the start and join their lives and stuff really to fully enjoy it tbh

Edited by Gelato
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry idk what's going on because I couldn't even make it past this???

Charlotte "PS2 Hagrid" Stevens

• Haha 1

Charlotte "PS2 Hagrid" Stevens

Not this...

You've seen Ps2 Draco, now Ps2 Hagrid Invades : r/BigJigglyPanda

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, scenekiller said:

I'm sorry idk what's going on because I couldn't even make it past this???

People started calling Charlotte PS2 Hagrid in the comments because she has greasy long brown hair and the very early stages of a moustache, then they started selling mugs saying "Burton & Bennett Snacks, Home of PS2 Hagrid" :deadbanana4:

Edited by Gelato

wait are they really consanguineous or is just used as a shade? :toofunny3:

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

wait are they really consanguineous or is just used as a shade? :toofunny3:

Not really sure, they don't communicate very well at all

At one point she said he's her brother, at another point she seemed to suggest they're cousins :rip:

They're definitely engaged though, they announced it on Facebook before the shop even opened 

Edited by Gelato
  • Haha 1

I'd rather starve than eat this

If it wasn't for the health hazards this would be just fascinating, it looks like one of those crappy store simulator games come to life

• Haha 1

I like that people donated things to them as if their lack of resources was the only issue here. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Not this...

You've seen Ps2 Draco, now Ps2 Hagrid Invades : r/BigJigglyPanda

Nope! Not this. This is PS1 Hagrid.

OT: What in the universal credit is going on here?

Edited by Hobbes
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.