Joker 2 trailer: 167M views in 24h; biggest WB launch in years surpassing Barbie

Marry Illusion Glory

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Marry Illusion Glory

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• Tudors

AHHHHH movie event of the YEAR

WobimJW.gif

• Like 11

Oh mother mother mother :WAP:

• Like 4

THE ACTRESS OF THE DECADE

spacer.png

• Like 9

you had to be there, you just had to be there!

84c23a89a59ea17734ebac3f7a004063e95044f5

• Like 9

MOTY tingz

ezgif-2-0be97b39bb.thumb.gif.a6dd3a955d6c532f0251e97d09eece68.gif

• Like 3

JohnWayneHolland

Didn't expect less from THE BISMS 

WobimJW.gif

• Like 2

God the trailer is such a SERVE :jonny6:

WobimJW.gif

ezgif-2-0be97b39bb.thumb.gif.a6dd3a955d6c532f0251e97d09eece68.gif

• Like 2

Wow! Mind blowing numbers 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Serving TABS :gaygacat4:

spacer.png

According to the article it beat Barbie's first 24 hours, so I'm confused about the title:

"The trailer numbers are great news for Warner Bros. Beating "Barbie" is of note, as that film went on to earn $1.4 billion at the worldwide box office for the studio and was last year's highest-grossing movie. The original "Joker" surpassed $1 billion in 2019; the sequel is aiming for even higher total given this initial interest and the addition of superstar Lady Gaga to the cast."

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

1 minute ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

According to the article it beat Barbie's first 24 hours, so I'm confused about the title:

"The trailer numbers are great news for Warner Bros. Beating "Barbie" is of note, as that film went on to earn $1.4 billion at the worldwide box office for the studio and was last year's highest-grossing movie. The original "Joker" surpassed $1 billion in 2019; the sequel is aiming for even higher total given this initial interest and the addition of superstar Lady Gaga to the cast."

@Marry Illusion Glory

3 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Yeah but that's how the Variety article is titled so I just went with the same.

Regardless, extremely impressive numbers. Easily one of the biggest movie events of the year. :jonny:

• Like 2

As expected :alexz2:

• Like 1

As I'm looking over the article, I see that it surpassed Inside Out 2 by 10M views. Seeing as that movie's another candidate for one of the biggest movies of the year, that's pretty good news. I'm guessing that Joker 2, IO2, DP3, the new Minions movie, and the Moana sequel are candidates for some of the biggest releases for the rest of the year. And in addition to the excerpt that's already been posted in here about Joker beating Barbie, there's also this in the same article 

Sources tell Variety that the "Joker" sequel's trailer numbers and social engagement surpassed that of the first "Barbie" trailer to become Warner Bros.’ biggest launch in recent years.

So I guess it made a great splash on social media too (which is obvious when you see the amount of viral tweets and edits). I trust Warner Bros to continue rolling out a strong social media campaign for this movie (just as they did for Barbie and Dune Pt. 2). I guess Grace Randolph's source about WB being extremely confident about this movie and trailer had some validity to it. 

• Like 7

Oh MOTHER :jonny4:

Time to get an acting Oscar I fear :gaygacat4:

• Like 1

61TyN40.gif

• Haha 1

Joaquin impact :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 23

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.