Blumhouse & Lionsgate team up for new The Blair Witch Project movie

genetic fail

Better be found footage

And cast unknowns

• Like 1

PERCHED. I can never get enough of Miss Blaire (eventhough the sequel was an abomination).

the IP boom and its consequences strike again !!

Spoiler

yes im perched

Meh, I could do without it. They've never been able to recapture the IT factor of the original, you can't do that in the 21st century anymore. I appreciate they threw a red herring with the 2016 movie but the material still wasn't great.

• Thanks 1

The best film remains the original, the sequel and the reboot were terrible.

However, if they adapt the original script incorporating social media tools like livestreams, viral videos and things like that they could create a really solid, scary and current project. 

I hope they take the time to really think this through because it have potential to be fantastic. 

I've been waiting for this, omg. I need found footage mania again! :WAP:

"the first film in a multi-picture pact with Blumhouse reimagining horror classics from the Lionsgate library."

What else is in Lionsgate's repertoire that hasn't been remade yet :deadbanana2:

ill just say this: the 2016 "sequel" is extremely underrated.

2 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

What else is in Lionsgate's repertoire that hasn't been remade yet :deadbanana2:

Saw

never understood the hype  :deadbanana4: literally nothing happens in that movie. Rec >>>>>>>>>

Blumhouse involved this shite will be so ass. Even worst than that 2016 film

2 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

The best film remains the original, the sequel and the reboot were terrible.

However, if they adapt the original script incorporating social media tools like livestreams, viral videos and things like that they could create a really solid, scary and current project. 

Im sorry but that just sounds so awful.

I don't think it needs to be current. This is why so many reboots, "sequels", and new ideas have flopped. 

Base the film in the 90's/early 00's. Make it explicitly found footage again. They'll have a hit on there hands and something original for today's times.

48 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Im sorry but that just sounds so awful.

I don't think it needs to be current. This is why so many reboots, "sequels", and new ideas have flopped. 

Base the film in the 90's/early 00's. Make it explicitly found footage again. They'll have a hit on there hands and something original for today's times.

Right, because that sounds like a better idea :rip: how's recreating the original film something 'original' for today's times? They tried that formula in 2026 and it flopped. 

15 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Not remakes already :deadbanana2:

Blumhouse literally will be releasing Speak No Evil, which is a remake of a 2022 movie :deadbanana2:they're on to something maybe :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.