I need yall's weight loss tips, help a homo out!

Solaria

I have a 2 year plan in which I wanna lose weight slowly and HEALTHY. I dont need to lose it fast, and I also don't want to have a strict diet. I am doing CICO and I am mindful of what I eat everyday as long as I don't overdo my daily caloric intake. But what are some tips and tricks that helped yall? How did you deal with cravings, losing motivation, lacking discipline, setting goals, etc. Discuss!

Also I don't wanna hear none of that low-carb ****. I know it works for some but I've tried it in the past and it absolutely is NOT for me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• RideOrDie

• PrettyHurts

• shinyshimmery

just get on ozempic sis that's what i did 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Just start walking every day. 10k steps a day will have you down like 20lbs within a couple months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

go out for a jog or something...exercise 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solaria said:

That's the equivalent of using payola. Just because I stan the LeviTTHating chanteuse doesn't mean I'm using the same antics 

spacer.png

then my suggestion is fiber supplements like psyllium husk, it has tons of health benefits, aids weight loss and a godsent for pretty little bottoms :suburban:

• Thanks 1

I lost 65lbs within 7 months 5 years ago and have kept it off. I just counted calories and started exercising consistently. But even after I stopped counting and exercising regularly after about a year or so, I was still able to keep it off. Whenever I started to gain a little I just start tracking my calories again.

I think the important thing is to just be knowledgeable about what you're eating and not take in unnecessary calories. Stay away from sugar, junk food, and deserts etc. Eat whole foods, try to eat things like protein bars or fruits as snacks. Drink lots of water. But when you are ready to eat normally again, don't be afraid of certain foods or give them too much power. You always have control of what you eat. 

And your mindset is very important. Don't let people distract or discourage you from your goal. Be intrinsically motivated and not driven by outside forces or other people's standards. I was able to be very strict with my diet and because of this I saw results quickly which motivated me to stay determined.

Edited by PrettyHurts
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Solaria said:

and I also don't want to have a strict diet.

good luck :suburban:

• Haha 2

Stop eating at nights for 2 weeks :celestial4: your welcome !

SWEAT the coochie fat out cyster, do HIIT training

even 20 mins will have you burning fat for hours after 

• Like 3

A walking pad under my desk is the best thing I've bought in a while.

Doing errands has me at like 4-5k steps.

I do the rest on the walking pad and it's so mindless when I'm watching Netflix. I'm not even consciously aware that it's exercise because my legs are on autopilot and I burn so many calories. :rip: 

Edited by Starshine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

I lost 65lbs within 7 months 5 years ago and have kept it off. I just counted calories and started exercising consistently. But even after I stopped counting and exercising regularly after about a year or so, I was still able to keep it off. Whenever I started to gain a little I just start tracking my calories again.

I think the important thing is to just be knowledgeable about what you're eating and not take in unnecessary calories. Stay away from sugar, junk food, and deserts etc. Eat whole foods, try to eat things like protein bars or fruits as snacks. Drink lots of water. But when you are ready to eat normally again, don't be afraid of certain foods or give them too much power. You always have control of what you eat. 

And your mindset is very important. Don't let people distract or discourage you from your goal. Be intrinsically motivated and not driven by outside forces or other people's standards. I was able to be very strict with my diet and because of this I saw results quickly which motivated me to stay determined.

Thank you for adding the last part! That's something that I'm still struggling a bit with. I def wanna lose weight for me but I would be lying if I said there aren't ouside factors that motivate me a bit more (like fitting better clothes or looking more attractive)

Use an online TDEE calculator to see what your daily caloric needs are and subtract by 500, you should aim to keep your calories around that number.

Track your calories

Eat lots of protein, cut the bs

Workout at least 4 times a week

10k daily steps

Copious amounts of water 

Track all your workouts and track your progress 

Most importantly take pictures to keep you motivated. It may not seem like anything is changing for a while but then you'll look at pictures and say "damn" 

If you slip up don't be too hard on yourself, it happens. Just don't let it take over. 
Good luck! It's a hard journey to start, but a super rewarding one.

DM me if you would want to talk further :hug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Weigh yourself every morning and use Happy Scale to find out what your weight loss rate is. You can adjust your calories (and cardio) accordingly. And hold yourself accountable by tracking.

Writing this as a fellow homo who used to be obese as a kid, lost weight through eating disorders and was skinny as a stick, then went to fat again and skinny again. In the process, I tried every single diet out there and learned everything the hard way. I have been living healthy for years now and today am a well-adjusted guy running marathons and having a good relationship with food. So I think I can give you some educated advice :)

At the end of the day, weight loss is about calories in and calories out. You need to calculate a rough estimate on your total daily energy expenditure, which refers to the total number of calories you burn every day based on your weight, age, gender, activity levels etc. There's a lot of websites for this, however you could also just calculate by taking your weight (lbs) and multiplying it my 12-15 depending on your activity level to get a rough estimate.

Then, you need to get on a calorie deficit. I.e, you need to burn more calories than you consume. You pick out a calorie deficit that suits you and the amount of progress you want to see. As a general rule of thumb, one kg equals to roughly 7,700 calories. Thus, in general, if you wanted to lose one kg every two weeks, you'd have to be in a daily calorie deficit of around 550 calories on average. So if your total energy expenditure were, say, 2600 calories, you'd have to consume roughly 2050 calories every day.

That's really the jist of it. A lot of people fall for these different diets and rules that supposedly help you lose weight (”No eating after 6 PM!” "Train every morning with an empty stomach!” "Eat several small meals throughout the day!”). Honestly, they're all a load of bull and really it's all about calories in and calories out.

Now when it comes to your nutrition, you have to just find foods that satisfy you and often that includes finding healthier alternatives to foods you already enjoy. What you want to avoid is classifying foods as healthy or unhealthy - often everything is okay in moderation. It's just a route to unhealthy eating habits and failure to restrict yourself too much. Also, you're not going to stay motivated by eating something you don't enjoy. As a general rule I would avoid ultraprocessed and very salty foods, as those are not the best for your metabolism.

If you want to maintain or grow muscle, you should also be looking at your macros, i.e., making sure that you get enough protein (35% of your calorie intake is a good rule of thumb). Beyond that, eat what you like!

Remember that losing weight is 90% about what you eat. Exercise is something that helps but often won't do the heavy lifting for you. I would advise to think of exercising as something that increases your daily energy expenditure rather than something that is the sole factor in losing weight.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Just now, Solaria said:

Thank you for adding the last part! That's something that I'm still struggling a bit with. I def wanna lose weight for me but I would be lying if I said there aren't ouside factors that motivate me a bit more (like fitting better clothes or looking more attractive)

superficial reasons can be motivating but they're also distracting. You know that you will look and feel better when you lose the weight, but you shouldn't tie your self worth to it or beat yourself up if you don't achieve your goals right away. This will just make you lose your focus.

and for me personally, i only weighed myself once a week. you weight can fluctuate from day to day based on little stuff so i found week-to-week more reliable for long-term so i didn't have to obsess too much every day. 

Tips:

• Track calories (duh!) - Mind you, this won't be forever like most people assume. After a while, you develop an intuition for what and how much food you can eat for your goals.
  • Quit drinking - There are physiologically no upsides to drinking. Temporary relief aside, it actually makes you more anxious in the long run, sneaks excess calories into your body, and interferes with a whole bunch of metabolic processes.
  • Put on lean muscle - Muscle is metabolically selfish and requires a lot of energy to sustain. As long as you're consistently in the gym stimulating them to grow, your body is forced to prioritize it while stealing energy from fat stores.
  • Sleep 8 hours a day, including on the weekends

Those really the four most important points, but you have to consistently execute them on a daily basis. If you do, you'll start to notice changes in 3 months, people will be commenting on your progress in about 6 months, and your body recomposition will start to set in within 9 months to a year. With perfect adherence, most people can achieve their body goals in 2/3 years… 5 years is more typical though cause life happens.

That said, the key to staying on track is a bullet proof routine. Prioritize this fitness goal and form your life around it. You have to say no to things that break up your routine: particularly where it impacts diet, exercise, or sleep. 

CrossFit and wegovy work for me

cocaine-snorting.gif

Edit: @Dante Silva: stop being butthurt for gettin a downvote, you bitter queen :laugh:

Edited by ontherocks
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Try eating boiled potatoes and eggs, say goodbye to the bread, carbonated drink and don't add additional salt to the food. You can try for a week and see what will happen. That's how my sister dropped weight before her wedding without doing any exercises.

The secret is pretty intuitive: eat right and stay active.  

With regards to eating, Obviously you want to maximize more healthy foods.  Ideally most of your food should be vegetables (but obviously that is not practical). I would try your best to minimize highly processed foods.  

Snacks are unavoidable, but try making more healthy varieties available.  I really like kiwis.  Also my go to snack is popcorn (not from a popcorn bag). It's filling and a bit healthier than chips.  

Another thing I do is drink tea whenever I feel like a snack.  It kind of satisfies my desire to just consume something and has like no calories.  

With regards to activity, I'm a big fan of running.  It's something that burns a good amount of calories (like 120 a mile) and once you build endurance, it gets pretty easy. You just need to find something that you can consistently do.  Personally I put on some headphones and listen to news podcasts as I run in the morning through some parks in my city.  It's very relaxing and then you have a runners high all morning.  

One thing I would caution though, is lifting weights is not really going to burn calories.  It is certainly a fine thing to do for other reasons, but it is not going to be the most efficient use of time for weight loss.  For example, you would need to do about 200 pushups to bun the equivalent of walking one mile.  

One last thing I will say is, you don't need to give into ideas that you need to give XYZ food.  Personally I love ice cream and pizza.  But being aware of that, I try to cut back on unhealthy intakes that I don't necessarily enjoy as much.  Like I don't put sugar in my coffee, I don't drink soda, I don't regularly drink alcohol etc.  

Edited by byzantium
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 305 said:

Use an online TDEE calculator to see what your daily caloric needs are and subtract by 500, you should aim to keep your calories around that number.

Track your calories

Eat lots of protein, cut the bs

Workout at least 4 times a week

10k daily steps

Copious amounts of water 

Track all your workouts and track your progress 

Most importantly take pictures to keep you motivated. It may not seem like anything is changing for a while but then you'll look at pictures and say "damn" 

If you slip up don't be too hard on yourself, it happens. Just don't let it take over. 
Good luck! It's a hard journey to start, but a super rewarding one.

DM me if you would want to talk further :hug:

This is the answers sisters, calories in and calories out! And take as much meat if you have the bandwidth, try to intake your bodyweight in kg, in grams of protein! The fat dropped from me after that

Just stop being fat 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

cocaine-snorting.gif

Doesn't hurt every once in a while

:suburban:

16 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Tips:

• Track calories (duh!) - Mind you, this won't be forever like most people assume. After a while, you develop an intuition for what and how much food you can eat for your goals.
  • Quit drinking - There are physiologically no upsides to drinking. Temporary relief aside, it actually makes you more anxious in the long run, sneaks excess calories into your body, and interferes with a whole bunch of metabolic processes.
  • Put on lean muscle - Muscle is metabolically selfish and requires a lot of energy to sustain. As long as you're consistently in the gym stimulating them to grow, your body is forced to prioritize it while stealing energy from fat stores.
  • Sleep 8 hours a day, including on the weekends

Those really the four most important points, but you have to consistently execute them on a daily basis. If you do, you'll start to notice changes in 3 months, people will be commenting on your progress in about 6 months, and your body recomposition will start to set in within 9 months to a year. With perfect adherence, most people can achieve their body goals in 2/3 years… 5 years is more typical though cause life happens.

That said, the key to staying on track is a bullet proof routine. Prioritize this fitness goal and form your life around it. You have to say no to things that break up your routine: particularly where it impacts diet, exercise, or sleep. 

this basically

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.