Morgan Wallen defends Taylor Swift after she's booed at show

Flanders

Morgan Wallen defended Taylor Swift after getting an unexpected reaction to a comment he made Friday night during his show at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

The moment came after he told the crowd that they had set an attendance record for his two-night stadium stand. He then quipped that he would likely hold the title "until Taylor Swift comes to town.”

"They told me right before I walked on stage that this is the single most-attended concert in the history of this building,” Wallen said. "And that we are the first people to do that two nights in a row.”

"I'm going to say that until Taylor Swift comes to town in the fall,” the country singer added. A wave of boos followed that remark.

"We ain't got to boo, we ain't got to boo,” Wallen said as the boos continued.

Wallen then thanked his fans for their loyalty.

Full story on Deadline.com

• Haha 1

so he's aware he ain't more powerful than taylor in the USA, good to know

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Republicans stick together :clap3:

• Like 8
  • Haha 22
  • Thumbs Down 19

Please he just doesn't want the backlash 

when I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can) is about him then what

• Like 1

Morgan Wallen, the male Taylor Swift :chick2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Please he only brought her up to elicit a reaction :devil:

• Like 1

Taylor is lucky she moved to pop and found a huge audience there. She would definitely get Dixie Chick'd during the Trump administration if she had remained in country music. Conservatives hate her guts 

Basic respect is newsworthy now? :coffee2:

14 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Taylor is more hated by republicans than any of the other pop girls atm, whether ATRL wants to admit that or not :michael:

Now girl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Taylor is more hated by republicans than any of the other pop girls atm, whether ATRL wants to admit that or not :michael:

I think that would be Beyoncé especially as a Black Women. 

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, By the Water said:

There is no way Taylor, a white blonde woman who happens to be the biggest female artist of all time in the US, is more hated by Republicans than Beyoncé. :skull: 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Now girl.

1 minute ago, Queenyoncee said:

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

There is no way Taylor, a white blonde woman who happens to be the biggest female artist of all time in the US, is more hated by Republicans than Beyoncé. :skull: 

I cannot believe stan culture has devolved from fighting about who is more popular and loved to who is more hated and disrespected :rip: Yes that includes the original comment yall all quoted too 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

16 minutes ago, By the Water said:

yeah a lot of them definitely hate her, but she's still got a lot of conservative fans. I think it's a little crazy to claim what you are trying to claim here. Have you seen the reactions to Beyonces new country album in conservative communities?

• Like 1

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

I cannot believe stan culture has devolved from fighting about who is more popular and loved to who is more hated and disrespected :rip: Yes that includes the original comment yall all quoted too 

Yet you liked the original comment we quoted. :toofunny3: There's a difference between disagreeing with a clearly inaccurate comment and fighting.

Beyoncé has received extreme racism from Republicans that Taylor has never and will never have to deal with, so someone saying Taylor is the "most hated pop girl" by Republicans is just beyond ridiculous. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Yasss daddy Morgan, know your place

15 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Now girl.

12 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

11 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Atm = at the moment. Reading is fundamental. I'm well aware of Beyoncé's relationship with the republicans. But you can pretend republicans weren't having meltdowns on national television over Taylor encouraging people to vote and calling her a psy-op if you want but that won't change reality :michael:

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 8

The booing will only help to increase her power 

spacer.png

Edited by SoldierofLove

Not the hated more by Republicans olympics in this thread already…

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Yet you liked the original comment we quoted. :toofunny3: There's a difference between disagreeing with a clearly inaccurate comment and fighting.

Beyoncé has received extreme racism from Republicans that Taylor has never and will never have to deal with, so someone saying Taylor is the "most hated pop girl" by Republicans is just beyond ridiculous. 

I liked the post because people do downplay how hated Taylor is by the right wing ideologists, not necessarily because I'm enforcing the assertion that Taylor is THE most hated female pop star by republicans. Beyonce definitely does deal with misogynoir that Taylor  will never know, experience, or understand due to the privilege of her race aligning with the majority of the society she was born into. That's completely valid. That racism coupled with misogyny is twice as unfortunate as any sexism Taylor has encountered, absolutely. But I'm not here to downplay one woman's suffering to platform another's, and I don't think any of us should make that a habit 

• Like 2

Um

Anyway country audiences and other predominantly male spaces really don't like her I fear-- just look at that Foo Fighters show or the mass meltdowns when she dared exist at an NFL game :coffee2:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Well... yes?

This isn't 2016 anymore. Like where have you been in the past few months? :deadbanana2:

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If anyone is surprised that a extremely famous billionaire celebrity is not something the GP grow tired of and have disdain for, you're a loser. It's not some great big anti-feminism, sl*t shaming thing always, people are just sick of her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.