Random Twitter thread+former P4K writer claims Katy's career deliberately sabotaged

qurl

This is exactly what happened to Jessie J and NOBODY wants to talk about it. 

kris jenner mystery GIF

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Taylor fanboy

• Fitzswiftie

• Strawberry Bubble

the music was bad and the image was cringy

2 hours ago, Machete said:

Her decline came from the music industry changing RAPIDLY between Prism (2014) and Witness (2017) and her not being able to adapt.

This 100%. And the cracks were already starting to show during the Prism era by the horrible performance of everything not named Roar/Dark Horse

Not only was she fully unprepared for the transition from the dollar download era to the streaming era, her music was completely out of sync with what actually was popular during the trump era. Look at who the top 40 superstars of 2015-2018 were:

• Alessia Cara

• Bebe Rexha

• Cardi B

• Chainsmokers

• Drake

• Future

• Halsey

• Khalid

• Migos

• Post Malone 
• SZA

• The Weeknd

None of whom resemble anything close the music that she was making pre Witness. And that's without getting into how her peers actually did successfully transitioned (or avoided). They either had to completely strip down their sounds into an acoustic act: 

• Ed Sheeran 

• Harry Styles

• Kesha

• Lady Gaga

• Miley Cyrus

• Niall Horan

or fully incorporated more tropical/trap/hip-hop/R&B athestics and sounds into their music

• Ariana Grande

• Bruno

• Ed Sheeran

• Justin Bieber

• Rihanna

• Selena Gomez

• Taylor Swift

• Zayn

Even fairly traditional pop acts similar to Katy that actually to break during that period (Camila, Charlie, Shawn) were still following the downtempo style (a style Katy couldn't never pull off) branded virtuoso instrumentalists / producers - which she never had the chance to be. 

• Like 1

Why is their some great conspiracy that everyone was against her when she was just a popstar past her peak, in a marketplace where her style was pastiche at best, soccer mom embarrassment at worst, all while she starting making the most mid music of her career.

Did this happen when Paula Abdul or Nelly flopping too?

• Thanks 2

I believe it. She pissed off a huge chunk of population and a large group of powerful people when she started campaigning for the democrats at the height of her popularity, and that scared those people. And it was basically a domino effect after that, one by one. 
spacer.png

Also isn't it funny that how this thread is already at 3 pages in 2 hours, yet anything positive regarding miss Katheryn Perry would have taken days to reach the second page in gaytrl? I think it is! :gaycat3:

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Don't get the downvote @KatyPrismSpirit, this is what ATRL KatyKats say in the first place. Ask @Aurora

nene-leakes.gif

I'm just a random ATRL user, how would I know more than an alleged former journalist?

I don't really believe this X account is anything more than a glorified stan account at this point, but you can't deny that bashing Katy in 2017-2018 was an easy way to generate clicks and views. The complete 180 in the short time between "Rise" and "Chained to the Rhythm" in terms of media support has always seemed questionable too imo. Her support for Hillary really was the beginning of the end for her.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Yeah, the Witness era was wild. She went from America's sweetheart too being ridiculed and laughed at. Now don't get me wrong, I know some of the criticism was warranted (Witness album was quite weak), but a lot of the hate she got was very misogyny loaded. People disliked her drastic change in appearance from the pin-up girl look she was loved for to the short pixie cut, and multi media platforms (blogs, gossip sites, social media etc) all perpetuated those narratives. Everything about the era was woefully mismanaged; from that bizarre livestream she did, to "that" performance of Bon Apetite. I get that some of these creative decisions would've been hers and were less than ideal, but no one can argue that the haircut became such an issue when it really shouldn't have. Mainstream media basically perpetuated the idea that without the pin-up look and signature black hair, she was no longer worthy of our attention. Sad really, just another example of mainstream culture using someone until they find a reason to hate on them. 

On a positive note, Katy has an amazing voice and NRO slaps and remains on my workout playlist to this day. 

This. People are so quick to judge the "music" during witness as the main reason for the decline but there was literally so much hit material within the album, so they could have been successful if it wasn't for all the other grossly mismanaged circumstances that plagued her during that time. It was a very serious domino effect of stuff around her (some of it stemming from her own horrible choices), and the media/industry got the perfect ammunition to kick her when she's down for their own clicks and monetary gain, while the misogynistic gp saw one soccer-mom haircut and labeled her uncool. So the album's music quality was not even the main reason for all that, its barely just an excuse to justify all the hate. 

Oh, please. Her music just sucked and she didn't have a fanbase. It doesn't help that she peaked at 27 which is considered "old" for popstars.

• Like 1

oh

spacer.png 

4 hours ago, MatiRod said:

Witness did bad because people did not associate her with 'message' songs beyond something empowering like Roar or Firework. It's hard to transition to a new type of lyric in your music, sometimes you lose a big chunk of your audience.

her sound just wasn't cool anymore. 2017 drastically changed the music landscape

One of the Boys (young adults) > Teenage Dream (teens) > Prism bssically for kids cuz of Roar video like wth :rip: 

Instead of growing up with her fanbase she did the exact opposite cuz OOTB both visuals and music was more mature than most of her later albums. Even her ballads were midtempo and were not close to "Thinking of You". 

It's mainly her fault

• Thanks 1

Of course nobody believes this aside that delusional little monster, right? :biblio:

these people were her and her team probably lmao

Horizon Flame

HuffPost journalist - there's an oxymoron if there ever was one. 

• Haha 1

Their source... :deadbanana4:

Nobody believes this except delusional KatyKats on atrl :biblio:

The big difference here is that after the media sabotage Christina never bothered to become commercially relevant again. She was given "Your Body" as her chance to comeback and she completely paid it dust and it's been that way since. Katy on the other hand has tried to make a comeback and still hasn't been able to.

She definitely had a swift decline :gaycat6:

A lot of conspiracies when really her shelf life just expired and she shortened it herself with a string of poor decisions. Not every pop star will go forever, but her legacy and smash hits will live on so it's time to accept she just ran her course. 

Can't say I'm surprised same thing happened to Justin this era. It was all staged & planned to take theses artists who were massive down based off jealousy & envy.

You can stay seething because Justin still has his dignity & self worth attached hehe you won't win! :heart2:

You'll never get his spirit, mind, body and soul! He still wins! Album sales aren't everything 

Edited by Facelessboy
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

She definitely had a swift decline :gaycat6:

:eli:

Shady stuff does go on behind the scenes. I don't doubt that at all. Here's hoping the Diddy case will bring the house of cards down..

The GP simply lost interest in her, then she cut her hair so short she lost a lot of her sex appeal from the straights and then she became a judge on a talent show that somehow people still watch and has made about 3 successful careers in 20 years.

Admitting you purposefully trashed someone to get engagement is kinda crazy.

The issue comes to the fact Katy made all the wrong career choices. She released a political lead single. She changed her image to be less appealing. Her promo was not good. 

This made it very easy for journalists to then write the articles they did and have people tune in. 

Christina's downfall was she made comments about Gaga, the industries new darling, and the media turned on her for it. 

11 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

If Nicki can survive 2018, there's no reason Katy couldn't have survived 2017. 

I agree but it's different. I don't like Miss Minaj but I give her credit for cultivating a dedicated fanbase that kept her afloat during her "flop" years. If the music industry was actually trying to push her out, the Barbz wouldn't let that happen. Katy didn't really have a strong fanbase outside of the GP and chart-crazed success stans.

Anyways, I don't believe this. Katy just released something people didn't want. Xtina was sabotaged by Perez Hilton but she didn't bother striking back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.