Random Twitter thread+former P4K writer claims Katy's career deliberately sabotaged

qurl

2 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Don't get the downvote @KatyPrismSpirit, this is what ATRL KatyKats say in the first place. Ask @Aurora

she didn't do it all by herself though. Witness could've worked as an album if her management wanted best for her and stopped her from behaving so messy on every occassion. Those painfully cringy ass moments made it flop and tarnished her image.  

• Haha 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Taylor fanboy

• Fitzswiftie

• Strawberry Bubble

Oh, the tea! 🍵 So, here's the scoop: Some peeps were legit orchestrating Katy's dip in the charts like it was some high-key master plan. 🎭📉 Like, who even does that? It's giving very much villain energy, plotting in the shadows. 🦹‍♂️💔 But guess what? Our queen is resilient AF. 🌟💅 Katy's been serving looks, bops, and iconic moments since day one, and no amount of shady biz is gonna dim her shine. Periodt! The haters gonna hate, but Katy's always gonna rise, 'cause talent? Unmatched. 🎤👑 Stream her latest to keep the vibes immaculate. 🎶💖 #KatyCatsUnite #RiseAboveTheHate

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, sunbathinganimal said:

not this glorified stan account :rip:

Oh he's atrl for sure 

Looking at that creature's twitter profile, where's the evidence that they're "ex-" any of the things they stated? It's giving Angela Cheng.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

All i'm gonna say is that if your career has strong foundations it's really hard that a bunch of bullies take you down

Maybe Katy didn't have at the time that base to keep things going

Taylor, Bey and others all have gone through smear campaigns and keep floating 

The key for longevity is riding those negative waves

• Like 2

We been knew

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

she didn't do it all by herself though. Witness could've worked as an album if her management wanted best for her and stopped her from behaving so messy on every occassion. Those painfully cringy ass moments made it flop and tarnished her image.  

Katy is a grown artist making her own career choices. She's in control of her output and businesses but I get what you mean.

Welp, they got me.

taylor-swift-peek.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

not this glorified stan account :rip:

clearly a very serious journalist :suburban:

Edited by sunbathinganimal
  • Haha 8

Lowkey I can see this, everything during Witness felt wrong? Idk, Katy deserved better

:cupid:

4 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

clearly a very serious journalist :suburban:

Oh KittyKats, are you not embarrassed...

• Haha 4

as if her + her teams horrible horrible choices combined with the long wait after prism didn't end her own career but ok 

25 minutes ago, Bojana said:

I'm pretty sure I've already read this somewhere :confused: Is it only me who remembers something like this? 

No, I'm pretty sure I read this like twice already across the past years :dies:

I don't doubt there was an "agreement" in the media at that time that Katy was the popstar to go. They always choose someone for that part. 

But she contributed with all that releasing a terrible album. It was the turning point for her career and she didn't have the capacity to prove she was capable of making a great body of work. Good singles won't take you really far in the industry, so she needed a good album. 

After Witness, she released another terrible album... so it's really hard to blame somebody else for what happened to her.

we all know that it's her hair stylist 

• Haha 1

i believe it

36 minutes ago, Machete said:

Her decline came from the music industry changing RAPIDLY between Prism (2014) and Witness (2017) and her not being able to adapt.

This. Her peers like Taylor, Gaga, etc can sell out stadiums whilst Katy struggles with Vegas theaters 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Love Katy, but her downfall started when she stopped working with Dr. Luke. 

Edited by JC.

Maybe they're being dramatics but it's actually hard to believe how she went from a huge chart topper so barely chart. I know she wasn't gonna stay atop forever but the decline was too abrupt and the hate she got was ridiculous.

• Like 1

This isn't how journalism rolls these days. You can't engineer someone's downfall because media isn't popular anymore. They were likely scrambling to stay afloat, chasing clicks, and thought stirring up drama about Katy's struggles would grab attention. Even a "respectable" journalist could praise her, but that wouldn't get clicks or trust these days.

Yes, creating indignation is the way a journalist can eat something nowadays. It's sad, that's just reality. 

2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Maybe they're being dramatics but it's actually hard to believe how she went from a huge chart topper so barely chart. I know she wasn't gonna stay atop forever but the decline was too abrupt and the hate she got was ridiculous.

this is the case for the BIG majority of popstars. For example, lady gaga, ed sheeran, avril lavigne, etc

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.