• Josh

• Soda Pop Queen

• Eternium

• Mitsouko

7 minutes ago, Kimi said:

girl be ******* serious

Move bop Isaac interminable 

Renaissance. Easy.

I only use about half of Confessions and the other half is whatever. It's overall a solid club record but I always thought it was overrated. Most of its acclaim was colored by the fact that it's an "agreeable" record that succeeded a deliberately polarizing record. Its continued acclaim, especially by fans, is colored by the fact that it was the last full on smash era of her career. Not that I can blame that because I love that Mutha smashed hard at 47 years of age but I have a feeling that if some of the albums after Confessions were put in its place of commercial success, y'all would put those records on the highest of pedestals too. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

confessions had better singles. thats about it.

lol basically this.

• Like 1

Singles: Confessions had the better singles. Hung Up, Sorry, Jump, Get Together are just top tier. No surprise here. Alien Superstar not being a single was a crime. Renee should've had 6-8 singles ala IASF and music videos .

Better tour: Renaissance. It was just an experience. Even though it was an all stadium tour, that beginning vocal section (Dangerously in Love, 1+1/I'm Going Down,  I Care, Flaws and All) made the show feel intimate like we were in a small jazz lounge. Confessions was not my favorite tour. I felt like Madonna was too restrained. She had much more fun on the following Sticky n Sweet Tour which was superior .  

Better album: This is hard. It really depends on my mood. I really love Confessions mixing dance music but really like Renaissance. I'm going to say Renaissance is better because it had more genre diversity and was a longer tracklist but somehow all flowed.  But I also really love love Confessions. What stands out is the simplicity of Confessions.   It's so melancholy as well 

• Like 1

I have to point out that one also has music videos for its singles and the other, well, ...

But Renaissance takes it for better album. Confessions is mostly repetitive early-EDM mess with a few good tunes, but Renaissance is just a complete body of work (minus visuals but with a tour which readily rivals the Confessions tour). Renaissance is firstly more diverse in sound and secondly more comprehensive as a complete body of art. There is just a lot more to it as a musical album. 

Anyway, this was a fun comparison which obviously spawned more than a few pages of thoughtful critiques. Cool. :gayoncecat1:

• Like 2

I love Ren, but Confessions. Its flow is insanely good, and it only has one dud on it.

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

I have to point out that one also has music videos for its singles and the other, well, ...

But Renaissance takes it for better album. Confessions is mostly repetitive early-EDM mess with a few good tunes, but Renaissance is just a complete body of work (minus visuals but with a tour which readily rivals the Confessions tour). Renaissance is firstly more diverse in sound and secondly more comprehensive as a complete body of art. There is just a lot more to it as a musical album. 

Anyway, this was a fun comparison which obviously spawned more than a few pages of thoughtful critiques. Cool. :gayoncecat1:

Confessions wasn't basic EDM.  That would be Gaga and Redone or Britney and Max Martin . Most of it was actually very  futuristic like a mix of industrial, psychedelic rock,  and electronica. I've never heard anyone do an EDM album like Confessions not even Madonna afterward 

confessions by FAR

• Like 1

Renaissance is good, but it lacks infenctious hooks like the ones on Confessions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

Confessions wasn't basic EDM.  That would be Gaga and Redone or Britney and Max Martin . Most of it was actually very  futuristic like a mix of industrial, psychedelic rock,  and electronica. I've never heard anyone do an EDM album like Confessions not even Madonna afterward 

It seems very 70s disco revival to me, but ok, maybe parts of it are progressive. :foxaylove2:

REN for all, even for singles.

• Thumbs Down 1

Get Together and Sorry alone are both masterpieces, but the better album is Renaissance. 

Renaissance is the better album 

:giraffe:

• Thumbs Down 1

Renaissance is far more engaging, ambitious, and sonically adventurous. It's also MUCH better lyrically and full of super memorable one liners - LOL at someone saying COADF had superior lyrics when it feels like she's holding you at arm's length and singing pretentious Hallmark cards throughout the album. And I LOVE Confessions. Singles wise, Madonna definitely wins. Tour wise, it's a toss up, but I got to go to the Renny tour and it was life changing.

Edited by eli's_rhythm
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Tough choice. Confessions is an easier listen and more POP! but Rennaisance is more varied and interesting. Confessions because it's a classic I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

RENAISSANCE

COTDF

RENAISSANCE

One album has Get Together and the other one has Virgo's Groove

Probably two of the best songs of all time

The other girls wish

Wow I'm surprised Renny tour is so adored, i personally don't consider it her best unlike Confessions that is one of Madonnas finest moments. Voted COADF for all, it's just a great era all things considered, a slay and a half with visuals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.