Smile by Katy Perry has 7 songs with less streams than Chromatica I, why?

RideOrDie

Chromatica I is the least streamed track of its album, being a minute long interlude clocking in at 33 million. (Chromatica III isn't registered as having full streams because of its short length)

Katy Perry's album Smile, which ATRL told me has more 500M+ songs than Chromatica, has 7 songs which haven't reached 30 million streams yet. That's more than half of the album doing less numbers than an interlude. So ATRL, why does Katy not manage to have anyone listen to the entirety of her album even though she's supposedly doing so well despite being perceived as a flop? Will the tides turn around for her next era and GP start remembering her #1s and care about her again, or do we have to keep getting reminded again and again that no amount of Tiktok fuelled hits and legacy chart toppers a decade ago can keep a career afloat, when people don't respect your output nor have an interest in you as an artist? Discuss.

GIFMaker_me.thumb.gif.b73b6c629ccf7d5305

• Like 1
  • Haha 18
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• Stunnah

• playboi

• JO1s

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariana and Blackpink were really kind to help her out and get people interested in the album! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Thumbs Down 21

Katy vs Gaga in 2024… hasn't Katherina Perreira been through enough

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

No one cares about this flop off girl, spill tea on el gee seven

:clack:

• Haha 14

sis comparing Chromatica to Smile just makes it look like more of a flop :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Because smile is the better album ☺

Chromatica III has less streams than any Katy song. Why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

Ariana and Blackpink were really kind to help her out and get people interested in the album! 

Yes it's really nice when you have talented young female artists wanting to collab with you because they respect you. Zedd and Alesso are really kind to let Katy sing on their generic DJ tunes though, that seems to be her lane nowadays. Maybe she could try to DM Bebe Rexha since she is her closest artistic peer. 

• Thanks 2

Battle of the 2010's fads:cm:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

1 minute ago, Galaxy said:

Chromatica III has less streams than any Katy song. Why?

I know KitKats lack reading comprehension and logical thinking, but it is explained in the first paragraph that Spotify doesn't allow full streams to be counted for short songs. If they did, it would be unfair to singers like Katy Perry cause then they would have 7 songs on their albums with less streams than a 27 second interlude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The backfire even from Little Monsters 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Yes it's really nice when you have talented young female artists wanting to collab with you because they respect you. Zedd and Alesso are really kind to let Katy sing on their generic DJ tunes though, that seems to be her lane nowadays. Maybe she could try to DM Bebe Rexha since she is her closest artistic peer. 

I think you need a Nurtec®️, sis! 

• Haha 6

because it was a huge flop and this isn't news and everyone knows this, next question

Just now, Stunnah said:

I think you need a Nurtec®️, sis! 

I definitely need it after hearing KP7 lead single. :cries:

a solo bomb
a bomb with Ari and BP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

I definitely need it after hearing KP7 lead single. :cries:

Kinda sad we didn't know about nurtec during Stupid Love because that was rough 

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

is that the best thread idea you could come up with?  Did you think it was going to explode and make you super popular?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, spree said:

is that the best thread idea you could come up with?  Did you think it was going to explode and make you super popular?

I'm already a legend around here, unlike Katy Perry. :bird:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 7

Katy Perry has always been a singles artist and remains one. She's not a versatile chameleon like Gaga, who transitioned masterfully from briefly successful popstar to into Hollywood press tour comedienne, before deftly blossoming into a dedicated pharmaceutical industry shill.

2 minutes ago, skankle said:

Katy Perry has always been a singles artist and remains one. She's not a versatile chameleon like Gaga, who transitioned masterfully from briefly successful popstar to into Hollywood press tour comedienne, before deftly blossoming into a dedicated pharmaceutical industry shill.

Only 2 out of her last 7 singles charted (and one of them barely), what kind of singles artist is that? :clap3:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

I'm already a legend around here, unlike Katy Perry. :bird:

:bibliahh:

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Idk I think blackpink and Adriana helped 

Woah, people sat through an entire record just to hear those artists sing on 1 song each and then they kept coming back to the entire record! That is such a neat trick, maybe Katy should use it next time and we can see if people will sit through an entire album of hers and come back to it? 

Oh wait, it certainly hasn't helped Whiteness. Thanks Nicki Minaj, Migos and Skip Marley ig. :cries:

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your community service Ari and BP :heart:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.