What genre do you want your fave to tap into?

mercurialworld

With the ever-evolving landscape of pop music, our favourite artists are constantly trying out new sounds and genres to stay relevant and keep us entertained. Whether it's Lady Gaga or Beyoncé experimenting with country, or Taylor Swift venturing into the world of *checks notes* chillwave, it seems like there's always something new and unexpected on the horizon. But with all this genre-bending and blending going on, it begs the question... what genre do you want your favourite artist to venture into next? It's time for...

Ask ATRL!

Edited by mercurialworld

I'd personally love to see Caroline Polachek get into trip-hop, her vocals are perfect for that dreamy and melancholic sound :bunny:

Maybe a little bit of rock

• Like 1

with Allday he has done rap, trap, indie, sync-pop just about everything now .. but I wouldn't mind him going more dark pop or maybe edm like he did with his mixtapes .. since that was some of his best work :smitten:

with Denis he has got into doing trap pop with his solo work but would like for him to play more around with it since he def could .. aside from the metal/screamo stuff he does

Jordan .. needs to do rock .. he did a collab with a band and his voice went so well with it.  no more of this corny emo dance music he does. Like The Ready Set, Onlychild and Nekokat are all the same genre like he is very talented and he has been around for 14 years now .. I feel experience with different sounds would work for Jordan

• Like 1

Gaga needed a Plastic Hearts like 10 years ago. :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

modernize hi-nrg eurodance more advance creative version of stock atkins waterman

I want my girl to do some rock tbh, or dig into her alternative pop purse and serve more 

ionnalee + psytrance I'M READY :jonny5:

A sakanaction type rock sound 

Beyoncé • Rock (Act III)

Billie • R&B

I've always wanted Lana or Beyoncé to do a country album, so I kinda won already. :gayoncecat3:

• Like 1

A rock album by Taylor would be interesting too, just imagine an album of this :jonny::

• Like 3

About nine months ago I made a specific comment on a well known Kylie fan forum (I have since learned she is rumored to read). Speculating on what musical direction she should try/ extrapolate upon after the success of "Padam”/ "Tension". I suggested Indie/ Folk type music citing this as an example.

Anyway fast-forward to the Grammys 2024 in February of this year where she gives a short interview and is asked what genre she is hoping to explore in her career at some point and she said Indie/ Folk.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Edited by Dante Silva

Unfortunately she'll never return to country, so I'll settle for folk rock / soft rock.

I would love to hear a full on Ambient, experimental Jazz or even a Opera album. I just love her voice so much and she can pretty much do anything with it.

• Like 1

Carly needs to do Banda 

and Normani needs to do more dance songs like DWAS

Peso pluma is so versatile so he's fine 

• Like 1

Lana has done pretty much everything but I'd love another jazz-y album.

Taylor: a lush and expensive cinematic/orchestral album.

Billie: ethereal and dreamy synth-pop.

• Like 1

Mariah: a full House album

Beyonce: other than Rock for Act III, jazz/soul, bossa nova and lo-fi

4 hours ago, Jotham said:

A rock album by Taylor would be interesting too, just imagine an album of this :jonny::

omg that be perfect .. this is giving me best damn thing Avril :WAP:

Godga NEEDS to play around with prog rock at some point :jonny:

Arabesk

I want Ariana's 2000s alternative pop era. She's a big fan of Imogen Heap and Froh Froh so something along those lines

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.