Has 2024 been a good year for MPG music so far? Yea or Nay?

Josh

Beyonc%C3%A9_-_Cowboy_Carter.pngAriana_Grande_-_Eternal_Sunshine.pngTyla_album.jpgShakira_-_Las_Mujeres_Ya_No_Lloran.pngKacey_Musgraves_-_Deeper_Well.png

Some of the MPG releases of 2024 so far

Disappointed so far tbh. The hype was far greater than the quality delivered. 
Bored The Office GIF

• Like 2

Yeah. Ariana and Beyonce have smashed, and released some of the best music of their careers 

• Like 10

Could be better. Ari was great though, and Dua is gonna deliver AotY soon. 

Beyoncé and Ariana :clap3:

• Like 1

Not really. Only Tyla so far has served.:michael:

Edited by Hunter_13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

i've enjoyed 3/5 of the ones u mentioned, so yes! (kacey, ari, bey) 

we're only april, i think it'll get even better w taylor, charli, billie, and lana's albums on the way

yes, aside from Kacy's album, I play the others pretty regularly. i hope Taylor and Charli  deliver aswell.

Ariana

Kacy

Beyoncé 

Have delivered quality. High hopes for Billie and Lana as well.

Those albums are qualitea, so yes

We have to stop using the term "MPG" so loosely because only 2 of these artists are MPGs.

OT: Everyone is delivering!!!. We already have multiple AOTY contenders :jonny6:

• Like 1

Big NAY.

Just now, Danes said:

QEUufJ3Q_o.jpg

Stomped on all of them.

It's so weird to me when people try to promote an album by a lesser known artist but don't mention the name.

• Haha 1

hated Bey, loved Shakira, liked Ari. Waiting for TS and Dua

Just now, Jay07 said:

It's so weird to me when people try to promote an album by a lesser known artist but don't mention the name.

• Like 4

I've only listened to Shakira's and Ariana's albums and they are not my thing tbh. I love Dua Lipa's songs though so I'm waiting for her album.

yes but tbh I'm most excited about alt releases this year

Vampire Weekend and Khruangbin on friday! St. Vincent, Maggie Rogers, Hovvdy, Jessica Pratt, Amen Dunes, Bat for Lashes, Adult Jazz, DIIV, Hiatus Kaiyote in the coming weeks/months... then Marina, Billie, FKA twigs, and Banks announcing a bit later. like us alt hoes are TRULY winning

but yeah I love Cowboy Carter and Eternal Sunshine has some of Ariana's all time best songs (Bye, Don't Wanna Break Up Again, We Can't Be Friends...)

Taylor's about to be here, Dua's coming soonish, Gaga's coming at some point lol

we're really winning all around!

1. "Haven't listened to Beyoncé's new album yet, but the reviews are great, so it must be really solid even if its a country record." :gayoncecat2:
  2. Ariana's album was not typical trap music, and I'm grateful for it. 'Supernatural' is so good. I love her synthpop.
  3. Haven't listened to Kacey's new record yet; I don't like country, but maybe I will listen. / Guts deluxe by Olivia was cute
  4. Haven't listened to Tyla's new record yet, but I hope she becomes bigger. Let me listen to it.
  5. Shakira's album, even with all the singles released, is miles better than 'El Dorado'. The new 8 tracks are great, but english speakers will probably be unable to appreciate the magic
  6. I'm excited for Taylor. (I have a feeling this will be the best record of the year.)"
  7. I'm anxiously waiting for Katy Perry's new record, as well as for releases from Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Madonna, Miley,Selena and Demi."

Yes. An interesting year for music :giraffe: looks like in the 2025 we will have a big drought with lack of releases. 
    Gaga will have a lack of competition and she will dominate.
    I wonder if Katy will push her album cause there's "too much" competition in the moment :gaycat5:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Kacey released AOTY - Beyonce is kicking and flipping her best country self - Ari released Ari music… it's all good for the gays! No idea who Tula is and Shakira released an album!? :deadbanana2:

terrible 

dua might save this year 

Counting on Billie and Lana to make this a good year.

Ari's the best out of the ones posted, Bey and Tyla were good but they're not really pop albums.

all of those albums listed aren't really their best ones but i'm grateful for the releases

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.