H5N1 Pandemic Imminent?- possible cow to cow transmission

XAMJ

DO IT. 

ezgif-1-f0b5b3a10f.thumb.gif.f2ca742a570

miss god releasing multiple smash hit viruses one after the other 

Eat all the chickens before they kill us!!!!

I am a vegan and therefore worry less. It's sad that people still don't care about the lives and rights of animals and the impact of our diet on the climate. We live in the rich West. We have opportunities to change things and we should change.

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, Leppie said:

Bring back lockdown  :clap3: 

right? this was paradise for introverts and helped me get so far in life. I want jobs to start hiring remote only again lol 

• Thumbs Down 2

What annoys me the most is that there are 0 reasons for people in the developed world to continue eating innocent living beings and us in right side of history will also be infected by these viruses when it's not our fault :deadbanana:. Just leave animals alone 

Edited by Last Boy on Earth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Every single Dua Lipa release cycle :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

Please let this one do what Covid and Monkeypox couldn't and TAKE ME OFF THIS MF EARTH

8 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

55% mortality rate? That means it won't spread easily and will likely kill the host and not spread as easily as Covid.

Bubonic plague had a high mortality rate and spread fast so idk 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Twixters said:

This is terrifying!!

bird flu is a 50 percent mortality rate. Literally BILLIONS  of humans will die. It will be the end of modern civilization. 

now I see why they say elites are building bunkers. If this gets out we are DOOMED

The mortality rate tends to drop as a virus spreads more, there is a relatively small sample of humans who have ever been infected with it. And the higher mortality rate, the less likely it will superspread - hence why Covid took over the globe and Ebola did not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

The mortality rate tends to drop as a virus spreads more, there is a relatively small sample of humans who have ever been infected with it. And the higher mortality rate, the less likely it will superspread - hence why Covid took over the globe and Ebola did not.

Ebola never went airborne though. If it did I think we would have been ******. 

I guess the only good thing is I heard since it's a flu we have more ready technology to fight it like tamiflu and stuff.

but even a 10-20% mortality rate is scary. Way higher than Covid. 

Edited by Twixters
  • Like 1

we've learned nothing from COVID...

17 hours ago, Aurora said:

@Titsanny GET BEHIND ME!

screaming dfghjdfgdf the one time i get on here

What is the risk to humans from cows infected with H5N1 avian flu? - STAT (statnews.com)

But cows? Experts believe the more likely route of infection here is via water or grasslands contaminated with virus by infected birds.

"There is massive (unprecedented) exposure of wild carnivores (feasting on sick/dead birds) and potentially also other mammals (through contaminated water and surface areas, including grasslands),” Ron Fouchier, an influenza virologist at Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, told STAT via email. "The infected mammals get infected upon feeding/drinking, which is an alternative route of infection of mammals.”

Is there a risk to people from milk produced by infected cows?

Yes, in theory. In practice, though, it shouldn't be an issue.

Infected cows shed virus in their milk. Farms that have detected H5N1 in their cows are supposed to destroy the milk produced by infected cows, so it should not make its way into the food chain. Even if some did, inadvertently, pasteurization would kill the viruses, the USDA says.

Unpasteurized milk from affected cows would pose a risk to people. But unpasteurized milk poses multiple risks to people and public health authorities recommend against its consumption.

At this point, I feel that we will be having another major epidemic / pandemic in the next 10 years (avian flu or something else). 

barbiegrande

Idc if it kills 90% of the population, im

continuing with life as usual. What Vanessa Hudgens said. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.