Chlöe - "Boy Bye"

kyliefever2002

9 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I just think have mercy was a great start and she cracked under pressure and the whole re-work the album thing caused her to flop

Can someone tell me more about the original album? What was different from In Pieces? Why was scrapped? 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dottie Hinkle

• Cap87

• nooniebao

• 99sandthe2000s

No radio adds. Columbia isn't even trying :toofunny3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeminiCat said:

That was to be expected considering the shocking lack of playlist support this song got even on New Music Friday playlists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeminiCat said:

:deadbanana2:

Why do people insist that labels send a song  to radio despite lacking any measurable success on any available metrics??

Or is this just code for buying a radio hit?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Why do people insist that labels send a song  to radio despite lacking any measurable success on any available metrics??

Or is this just code for buying a radio hit?

It will help to promote the record

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gabe² said:

Can someone tell me more about the original album? What was different from In Pieces? Why was scrapped? 

It was the self titled she started teasing after have mercy came out, and it was mostly pop/hiphop. It got scrapped after for the night flopped

spacer.png

One of the scrapped songs that got leaked

• Like 1

I've said this before and I'll say it again

If Body Do followed Have Mercy she would be in a very different position

• Thanks 1

This song is a bop though :clap3: better than FYS

5 hours ago, Parallel said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again

If Body Do followed Have Mercy she would be in a very different position

Absolutely. Treat Me unfortunately killed all of her hype. As a Chloestick, I saw this happen in real time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cap87 said:

It will help to promote the record

I'm not sure that's how things work. Airplay seldom directly translates into a song's popularity. Radio play tends to lag rather than lead in indicating success. While radio exposure can assist with chart performance, relying solely on it won't guarantee a spot in the Billboard 100. So why would the label waste money?

Despite all you read in this thread this is not even close to being good enough for commercial success. The song is not catchy. It doesn't have a great melody. The lyrics aren't relatable or memorable.  

I still believe in her though. 

I really hope she doesn't get dropped. 

• Haha 1

• Like 1

I adore this

• Like 1

What are the streams of the song looking like now?

Tiktoks are at 517 now

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 10:35 PM, Facelessboy said:

I'm actually of a different mindset. 

An outright/publisized drop would be bad.

BUT...leaving the label on "amicable terms" (aka the agreed upon statement despite actually getting dropped) sets her up for a fresh chapter elsewhere. And a fresh chapter is what she needs. 

The numbers she is currently doing are not normal relative to the entities she's signed to and the public profile she has. There's flopping with grace and then there's flopping to the point that did the music even come out. Chloe is doing the latter. 

She needs to stay with Parkwood, but she needs to get off Columbia asap. I'm nervous she'll go indie (thus keep doing these numbers). Giving another major label run a go would at least show whether it's the label or the interest that's the issue. 

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 1

• Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 11:35 PM, Facelessboy said:

Bey is not going to drop her.

How would that even work with CxH still being signed to them?

While the pure music sales haven't been great, Chloé was able generate income by going on a cute little tour last year and she has a bunch of brand deals that should help finance future projects.

Honestly, I feel like Chloe x Halle should release an album this year.

Make all those, who keep talking about how much they loved CxH (despite their chart record saying otherwise), put their money where their mouth is.  The "reunion" would certainly generate the type of buzz both sisters seem to be lacking right now...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 40_L3VE said:

While the pure music sales haven't been great, Chloé was able generate income by going on a cute little tour last year and she has a bunch of brand deals that should help finance future projects.

Make all those, who keep talking about how much they loved CxH (despite their chart record saying otherwise), put their money where their mouth is.  The "reunion" would certainly generate the type of buzz both sisters seem to be lacking right now...

They have a contract for 6 albums with parkwood

Loved Have Mercy and Treat Me.
But I think I need time with this one tbh.

1 hour ago, 40_L3VE said:

I think people underestimate how cheap it is to produce CxH albums considering they wrote, produced everything themselves :cm:. Like the biggest cost in producing an album is to pay for songwriters and producers. Not like the label spent so much money on marketing for them either

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.