Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vuelve88

Maybe, just maybe she just want to rebrand herself and reconnect with her latino audience. Her takes on Piqué gave her some quick lil singles and wide spread attention but if you read any news about her (or Piqué or both) in latin ametica, she is ALWAYS dragged as latino fans are fed up with her feminist image 

• Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

Different purposes IN SOCIETY = she is literally talking about gender roles :rip:

And? What's so terrible about it?

• Thumbs Down 5

This is a terrible boomer level take. Really hard going being a shakira stan these days :'(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TotallyHot said:

we don't live in the 1950s anymore 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, G.U.Y. said:

This could be written on a women's magazine from the 50s.

?? i said all artists not women :rip: all I meant was celebrities should educate themselves before speaking on something so that it doesn't come off as dumb. Tell me what are we supposed to do with Shakira's negative opinion on Barbie? Is it helping anyone?

• Thanks 1

Yeah it's quite opposite of what she was talking in the last 2 years but at the end it's her (now) opinion so whatever.

And honestly the movie was trash.

See Spain was right all along to persecute her for her crimes

Que pendeja, que estupida. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gatito said:

we don't live in the 1950s anymore 

A lot of people in 2024 (including some so called "queer" people) like to reproduce binary gender roles. So? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

This whole we have to protect straight men movement has been going on a while.. but its disappointing hearing it from Shakira. 

3 minutes ago, TotallyHot said:

Everything?  Only becuade she's a cis hetero conservative woman doesn't mean she has to subject the rest of humanity to her own narrow minded views.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, commander said:

Everything?  Only becuade she's a cis hetero conservative woman doesn't mean she has to subject the rest of humanity to her own narrow minded views.

She was asked. You must struggle A LOT day to day...

Edited by godmess
  • Thumbs Down 2

Oh Shaki u always said smart things but this is not it :giraffe: this goes even against the theme of your album :bibliahh: :rip:

Shakira is from a very patriarchal society. From the coast of Colombia aka one of the most conservatives of the country. She's in her 40s
Im colombian and Shakira's region sometimes feels like a whole society apart from the center one from my country
I think yll dont realize how machist is our society here in latinoamerica specially the old gens.
The women were taught to be servants of men. Is awful. My mom even carries those traits
This is the reason why she settled in Barcelona and gave everything for gerard. I think this is one of Shaki weakness. MEN
She needs better guidance from women. This is why she's still depressed about gerard even after all this time
She was taught this thing of "WOMEN Are complementary to MEN" by her parents. 
But thats basically more like "For the men to be complete they need a woman. This is why is controversial of course.  :gaycat2:

Some people here showing their xenophobic-racist ass already. Leave her alone.
U can be critical of her without cursing her.
Jlo,Shakira,Selena,Camila Cabello. Pop Stans from different races love to **** on latinas. This is a pattern.  I noticed :eli: i see yll

MODS CAN WE CLOSE THIS THREAD :biblionny:
The OP is also antishakira. I see u :eli: 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

3 minutes ago, XDNA said:

This whole we have to protect straight men movement has been going on a while.. but its disappointing hearing it from Shakira. 

Agreed. Shakira deserves to be criticized for using the Barbie movie as some opportunity to defend her sons and men. She's so out of touch. 

off topic but i love the word emasculating- sounds very delicious :alexz2:

OT: what a dumb thing to say

4 minutes ago, commander said:

She literally never said ALL people have to live like that. It's just how SHE likes it. And many (if not all) binary trans people wouldn't disagree with her, post transitioning oc

• Thumbs Down 1

Does she have issues comprehending media? Because barbie was literally hitting you with its surface level feminism 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Que pendeja, que estupida. 

spacer.png

my honest reaction to this whole thing

PENDEJA

Damn shak way to piss off ATRL.

thanks for your opinion on an overrated film! :clap3::celestial4:

i meannnnnn i respect her opinion, movie wasn't all that, but to be honest I rather read stuff like this than actors oversharing stuff: Halle's herpes misdiagnosis or cooper being ok running around naked in front of family. 

This is nothing new though. Shakira is very very old school. You would think being cheated on would change her views a little bit.

Edited by GeeDuval
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Welovetrouble said:

Does she have issues comprehending media? Because barbie was literally hitting you with its surface level feminism 

This!!! and didnt she also said in an interview she felt her husband was dragging her down and she felt captive .. like how emasculating is that ? .. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gatito said:

my honest reaction to this whole thing

PENDEJA

I mean, i know you're just kidding but using that trans influencer kinda makes Shakira's take valid

Isn't that the same influencer who says that is better to take care of your man instead of taking care of your family and loved Ones. Isn't she extremely devoted to straight men like most HSTS are? Just saying. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Damn shak way to piss off ATRL.

thanks for your opinion on an overrated film! :clap3::celestial4:

i meannnnnn i respect her opinion, movie wasn't all that, but to be honest I rather read stuff like this than actors oversharing stuff: Halle's herpes misdiagnosis or cooper being ok running around naked in front of family. 

it's not just atrl, twitter is having a field day dragging her ignorant a$s :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.