Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

2 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

JLo would never.

:gaynetcat3:

And Shakira would never use a racial slur in her song:coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vuelve88

27 minutes ago, Magic_boXX said:

Jlo pays her taxes

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, BrokenMachine said:

I looked it up and this is the only thing she has ever done in her entire career :pancake:

But well, couldn't expect more from the three times FIFA singer s:wan:

She has posted support for the lgbtq community in her social media before.. specially  when she was working at the White House under President Obama administration 

• Like 2

Shakira is in her messy interviews era

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cardcaptor Sakura said:

Shakira is in her messy interviews era

She's singlehandedly entertaining us all. MOTHER! :jonnycat:

Wtf is this take. I really hate the word "emasculate". Masculinity has always been overly celebrated and even weaponized against every other gender role, and you're telling me a movie like Barbie is all it takes to subvert it? :dies:

I'm not really surprised tho. A lot of mothers end up saying stupid stuff like this because they want their sons to be manly above everything. Quite problematic and homophobic, actually, but it's the norm and she's been married to a soccer player for a decade so...

Edited by Jooj
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Cancel her

krackpink.gif

1 hour ago, Jooj said:

Wtf is this take. I really hate the word "emasculate". Masculinity has always been overly celebrated and even weaponized against every other gender role, and you're telling me a movie like Barbie is all it takes to subvert it? :dies:

I'm not really surprised tho. A lot of mothers end up saying stupid stuff like this because they want their sons to be manly above everything. Quite problematic and homophobic, actually, but it's the norm and she's been married to a soccer player for a decade so...

She's never been married tho. 

Alot ot people actually didn't get the point off the movie. I spoken to several about it abd nost have been very wrong 

dora-dora-the-explorer.png

• Haha 3

Wow I'm shocked I usually like her interviews but this is dumb af

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Jlo pays her taxes

She doesn't pay her staff though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, peacok said:

no and she wrote this on one of her songs: "only a woman is supposed to love a man"

:michael:

Accusing someone of being a conservative > using false quotes like your average Trump voter

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Has she ever addressed the LGTB?

"La loba es la mujer de estos tiempos, el hombre de estos tiempos, el gay de estos tiempos..."

From the She Wolf era, I always remember that interview, like the gays are a separate gender.

Edited by descg
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Magic_boXX said:

• Thanks 1

One of the things that bother me is people on twitter are not acting like Shakira is a moron and has always been/have been a known thing as if she has always been going around giving stupid takes. Growing up, her image has always been of someone intelligent and sound. Like, you can drag her for this but let's not rewrite history. 

• Like 1

and women like hunting witches too

doing your dirtiest work for you 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Did she skip the I'm just Ken part? That crap ruined the whole thing. :gaycat7:

emasculating

what a bold choice of word. if anything the movie was showing that men don't have to stick to what society defines as "masculine" and can chose their own path. Of course she would be this tone deaf at 50 though 

This is not it. I guess her and her boys didn't get the movie after all. Also, there are thousands of movies that empower men, if THAT'S what her boys are struggling with…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, x æ a-xii said:

would the "only a woman is supposed to love a man" chanteuse lie?

Her hips don't lie, her mouth might

1 hour ago, MALAMENTE said:

One of the things that bother me is people on twitter are not acting like Shakira is a moron and has always been/have been a known thing as if she has always been going around giving stupid takes. Growing up, her image has always been of someone intelligent and sound. Like, you can drag her for this but let's not rewrite history. 

So what you're saying is that she used to be intelligent but she's not anymore? What happened?

Because an intelligent educated person does not say this kind of stuff. 

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Shinning said:

So what you're saying is that she used to be intelligent but she's not anymore? What happened?

Because an intelligent educated person does not say this kind of stuff. 

Questioning someone's intelligence just because of a take on a movie, y'all are ridiculous :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Riot said:

Questioning someone's intelligence just because of a take on a movie, y'all are ridiculous :deadbanana2:

Sure am. Don't care how many languages she speaks, she's a dumbass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.