Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vale9001

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

She has always been a bird. Idk why people are surprised.

But she skirted by with a reputation for being smart tho

• Thumbs Down 1

This is a reminder that Shakira is very conservative, homophobic, and antifeminist :michael:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, peacok said:

This is a reminder that Shakira is very conservative, homophobic, and antifeminist :michael:

How is she homophobic?

• Like 2

Not her conservative era :hoetenks:

She has a terrible publicist because this quote shouldn't have gone out in the first place.

• Like 2

Shakira to be murdered in Saudi Arabia, IRS and Social Media :clack:

• Haha 1

The Pop Crave has 11.6M views, yep she's done this era, I wonder if she will post something to clarify that comment.

Her sons said all that?!

girl go to Spain and pay your taxes!! Gtfo of here 

Edited by Twixters
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Extracts from the interview.  U Get why Shaki is so submissive

Shakira hails from an entirely different planet. She was born to a Lebanese father and a native Colombian mother and raised in a country where beauty pageants are a big deal. "My idol was Wonder Woman. I think I was drawn to her because she had black hair like mine, but also because she was a symbol of empowerment and strength in a decade where women were not playing the most important roles. I remember my mom stopped working at some point. She stopped wearing miniskirts, and the length of her skirts got longer because my dad said so.”

Michael Edward Stanfield, a professor of history and Latin American Studies at the University of San Francisco, has written, "In a deeply conservative and Catholic country like Colombia, the traditional dictum state that 'men should be powerful, women should be beautiful,’ making beauty the responsibility of women, and leaving the rights of power to men." I proudly share my nugget of research with her.

Some of the people critical about shaki here are from very liberal european countries or places in the States.
Easier when u see the world with rose-colored-glasses  :giraffe:

Yll dont know how much the weight of growin conservative weights on you. Even with the years of learning

Shakira for someone who grew up in an overly conservative enviroment is very liberal today. She's been campaignin for women in this whole record

Sadly she's been unable still to strip all those layers yet.  She showed that a little with the kids question. Is a bit ingrained in her.  

But honestly i dont see the point in cannibalizing someone for their mistakes. lets educate them instead???????
I did this mistake with Billie Eilish :giraffe:  Judged her too fast and im sorry
Calling Shakira stupid or bi*** is awful.  notice all the slurs in this thread
This type of vitriol leads people to extremism. 

Hope SHE apologizes. Release a statement  :gayoncecat3:

And some of the people critical about her here. Are very fake.
Your divas have a lot of problematic things (Even worse than this) and have defended or work with real problematic men-real dangerous men
So, drop your divas too?  Feminists they are not.  Selective moral compass

You want me to remind you? I have receipts. a big list.  of all the problematic things from your faves.  

P5d2knu.gif 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I knew her brain cells were fried when she chose to collab with Cardi

nicki.png

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

The Pop Crave has 11.6M views, yep she's done this era, I wonder if she will post something to clarify that comment.

She will be ok. And probably gain a few new fans while at it. Now these people think they know better than Shakira because she dare to call for respect for everyone's part in society not just woman. You know what's more shameful? atrl shaming a woman for her stance because it's not the same as theirs because the mainstream media says so 

Edited by mig123
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Oh Shaki u always said smart things but this is not it :giraffe: this goes even against the theme of your album :bibliahh: :rip:

Shakira is from a very patriarchal society. From the coast of Colombia aka one of the most conservatives of the country. She's in her 40s
Im colombian and Shakira's region sometimes feels like a whole society apart from the center one from my country
I think yll dont realize how machist is our society here in latinoamerica specially the old gens.
The women were taught to be servants of men. Is awful. My mom even carries those traits
This is the reason why she settled in Barcelona and gave everything for gerard. I think this is one of Shaki weakness. MEN
She needs better guidance from women. This is why she's still depressed about gerard even after all this time
She was taught this thing of "WOMEN Are complementary to MEN" by her parents. 
But thats basically more like "For the men to be complete they need a woman. This is why is controversial of course.  :gaycat2:

Some people here showing their xenophobic-racist ass already. Leave her alone.
U can be critical of her without cursing her.
Jlo,Shakira,Selena,Camila Cabello. Pop Stans from different races love to **** on latinas. This is a pattern.  I noticed :eli: i see yll

MODS CAN WE CLOSE THIS THREAD :biblionny:
The OP is also antishakira. I see u :eli: 

I'm not anti Shakira what :priceless: That thread you linked was obviously to get Pique dragged, not her.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mig123 said:

She will be ok. And probably gain a few new fans while at it. Now these people think they know better than Shakira because she dare to call for respect for everyone's part in society not just woman. You know what's more shameful, atrl shaming a woman for her stance because it's not the same as theirs because the mainstream media says so 

Shaki knows Biden is done in the States. There's big chances Trump will win next :emofish: 

We all know thats the nightmarish truth after Biden genocidal ways in Palestine :chick3: 

So, Shaki is securing that "MAGA fanbase" cause the gays were not "supportive enough" of her new album :ryan3: 

Gjpwyjt.png  

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Shaki knows Biden is done in the States. There's big chances Trump will win next :emofish: 

We all know thats the nightmarish truth after Biden genocidal ways in Palestine :chick3: 

So, Shaki is securing that "MAGA fanbase" cause the gays were not "supportive enough" of her new album :ryan3: 

Gjpwyjt.png  

In your wild dreams 

• Haha 1

Not some of her fans defending Shakira by dragging all of Latin America. Latin America on average is not as conservative as Shakira. Some countries even have more progressive laws/views on gender equality and LGBTQ than the the US. 

I hope Shakira backtracks her statements and gets educated. Not because I care about her career, but because she has a lot of followers and that could have a negative effect on society. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Not some of her fans defending Shakira by dragging all of Latin America. Latin America on average is not as conservative as Shakira. Some countries even have more progressive laws/views on gender equality and LGBTQ than the the US. 

I hope Shakira backtracks her statements and gets educated. Not because I care about her career, but because she has a lot of followers and that could have a negative effect on society. 

Chile and Uruguay are kinda progressive. Thats true. Brazil too. Costa Rica......But Latinoamerica is not a Monolith

im from Colombia. Live in Colombia and some places here can be really really backwards. Literally livin in the 50s-60s
In contrast some of them very very overly liberal like Bogota-Medellin

I have friends from Barranquilla (Shakira homeland) and they complain to me how people mock them for Listenin Women Music :giraffe: 
Is normalized there to drink beer and play soccer all the time and the MACHO culture is very very strong.

Yll go to Reddit Colombia and ask.   

the coast of colombia is beautiful-charming and diverse but is a whole different lion.   Shakira is from there. 

Sorry for overspamming the thread sweeties. too much from me. Im leaving.  :gaycat6: 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

JLo would never.

:gaynetcat3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

would the "only a woman is supposed to love a man" chanteuse lie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Say it queen:celestial2:

I did not watch the movie but I assume she's right:eddie: Stop bull****ting, announce the tour now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

But she skirted by with a reputation for being smart tho

Smart people can say or do stupid things and have different opinions. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

this quote is getting way too much attention. Not a good look lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Y'all are doing way too much just because she didn't like a film, like for real :skull:

Nothing wrong with female empowerment in the film, but they could've had it without making all men in the film be so stupid tbh.

The Barbie's screamed over a flat foot. Not like they were geniuses either :rip: 

• Like 1

She really didn't say anything controversial or outside the mainstream thinking of most women. But of course ya'll will act like she's now a right wing extremist

:ryan3:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

So , she is raising two future cripto-bros?:biblio:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Has she ever addressed the LGTB?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.