Camila bombs…again! What went wrong?

Apolonio

She doesn't have the edge to sell it. That sound is not for her. This is the kind of girl she is and this kind of corniness is not someone who can pull off what shes trying to. 

spacer.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• qurl

• Communion

• awong918

Top Posters In This Topic

Camila is officially over for good. I smiled. Dua has won the war :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, olivethetree said:

That horrible unintelligible rap is the culprit 

the culprit of getting her streams

I LUV IT went Double platinum on my playlist, the GeePee doesn't understand campy art.

:khalyan2:

• Like 1

I've listened to it like 3 times and I cannot take any more. It's so bad song, very basic and Camila trying to be gen z is just awkward. 

I genuinely like this song and I don't even care about Camila :rip:

I think she's doing fine . Familia for me was GREAT wow Lola,Celia,Don't Go Yet, Psychofreak and La Buena Vida such great tracks. I can always appreciate an artist trying something new,and thus wouldn't expect streams from the jump. 

• Like 1

The song isn't bad at all :heart:. She deserves better tbqh

• Like 1

I think you meant to say 'what went right?'

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The GP doesn't care for Camila or her sh*t music

well-so-im-done.gif

she already has the "problematic" cloud hanging over her, and once that happens it's kinda lights out

only men can really escape that because straight male fans tend to not give af

Alright, all kiis aside, Camila is always going to have an uphill battle.

1. She's not particularly popular with the general public. Really, she's best known for one song and she feels like a one-hit wonder even if she technically isn't.
  2. Those who do know about her are also aware of her questionable past despite her fans working double-time to excuse it.
  3. The song is extremely polarizing and it's not going to appeal to the vast majority of music consumers. It does not need to, and if this is the experimental route she wishes to explore, she's free to do so. But there was just no way a song like I Luv It was going to be anything more than an ironic hit. If it manages to gain a second life, it will likely be because it goes viral on TikTok.

On 4/1/2024 at 12:04 PM, Communion said:

Her career is basically in an Iggy Azalea situation now in the US. Her last real hit was right on the on-set of the controversy (Senorita), the follow-up was pushed but ultimately flamed out as just a moderate hit (My Oh My), and everything she's released since has largely flopped. 

She's divisive now to a set of people in a really meaningful way and deeply uncool to others that just kinds of leave no real room for her to have another smash hit again. 

All I'm seeing on her Spotify page is her having 2B, 1B, 800M, 500+ million streams so she's doing fine. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.