Charli XCX - "Club classics" / "B2b"

mercurialworld

1 hour ago, omanko said:

i'm a really big charli fan from the beginning and i like every song from her except one or two... but these two new tracks are so bad... wow.. i'm scared of "brat" now..

I'm not loving these either. Maybe I'm just not currently in the correct headspace for this style.

They give me interlude vibes rather than fully fledged songs. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xokuba

• flower moon

• alfonso12

• Jrmh44

More club tracks, just as Charli promised. She really can make anything work, even b2b's repetitive first minute. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P!nk said:

I'm not loving these either. Maybe I'm just not currently in the correct headspace for this style.

They give me interlude vibes rather than fully fledged songs. 

Kintsugi said something similar about the album back in February in the Von dutch thread:

On 2/27/2024 at 8:09 PM, Kintsugi said:

if you didn't enjoy this song you won't enjoy the rest of the album, because while she's been teasing this as some eDgY album for the rave gays it actually couldn't be further from that

near every song is 2 minutes, and compared to the raw indie inspired visuals the production actually sounds 10 times more minimalistic, polished and radio pandering than CRASH

don't go into it expecting heavy club bangers because you'll be very disappointed when the album comes out and your faves from the snippets she's been previewing actually sound like 2013 pitch demos :toofunny2: and needless to say, lyrically, the themes don't go beyond her delusions of grandeur / inflated ego and her one sided beefs with fellow pop girls- but I can't believe that anyone would expect depth from a Charli XCX song to begin with

11 minutes ago, Jennifer Lawrence said:

Kintsugi said something similar about the album back in February in the Von dutch thread:

I agree that the songs are giving interlude and not fully fledged, that they are kinda giving demos and nothing deep lyrically, but there's definitely not radio pandering in Club Classic and B2B.

these are... okay

i'm afraid camila is stomping on her

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

25 minutes ago, Jennifer Lawrence said:

Kintsugi sounds like a hater tbh.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Kintsugi sounds like a hater tbh.

yeah that last sentence kinda negates his opinion on the album tbh :rip: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scandalous said:

yeah that last sentence kinda negates his opinion on the album tbh :rip: 

Well they obviously don't have to like it, but there is a similar underwhelming response to these tracks from people since the Boiler remixes/edits give off a much different energy/expectations to the studio versions

4 minutes ago, Jennifer Lawrence said:

Well they obviously don't have to like it, but there is a similar underwhelming response to these tracks from people since the Boiler remixes/edits give off a much different energy/expectations to the studio versions

no that's definitely true, i was just making a point that this person obviously isn't a fan to begin with so their views on the album might differ from what her actual fans think

• Like 1

Club Classics is on par with Von Dutch and b2b gets better in the second half

Both songs are amazing, but this album is not going to be as sucessful as Crash. This songs are not for the gp, I mean I don't see any of these songs getting streams like Good Ones or Beg for you. 

6 minutes ago, xTurn said:

Both songs are amazing, but this album is not going to be as sucessful as Crash. This songs are not for the gp, I mean I don't see any of these songs getting streams like Good Ones or Beg for you. 

Those were flops anyways

spring breakers is so reminiscent of her early work with sophie (tko, round n round, bounce) and her bratty n1a era. if it doesn't make the album then idk what to say 

club classics is good, but the "put your hands up and dance" part kinda rips the coolness away 

b2b is nice, von dutch is good but annoying asf 

8 minutes ago, xTurn said:

i think it's even a little generous to call Crash "successful" … even in the UK the singles didn't chart all that high ….. i mean Charli is never going to be some huge global pop star the likes of Lady Gaga or even Dua. i don't necessarily think SHE wants that either , or really that she would be able to handle being more of a public figure than she already is given how sensitive she can be at times.

there's nothing wrong with being a more niche artist and catering to your faithful audience … i love a Carly Rae Jepsen level artist that has shown capability of having big hits but prefers to stay the course and just make the music they wanna make and that their fans expect from them, having said all that … this era feels a lil anticlimactic for me bc im kinda not a fan of this new Charli online persona she's trying to put out there and … idk maybe this is wrong or morbid of me to say but i feel like after the death of SOPHIE , the gloss of hyperpop as a genre has kinda dulled for me. i liked a lot of Crash bc i appreciated that she was trying to branch out and make more contemporary pop music and id say she mostly succeeded at that, but as far as her doing an album that seems more "banger" forward …. Charli has much better bangers in her discography than what she's put forward from this project so far …. TO ME!

• Like 1

Aha has a 4/3 release date

6 hours ago, xTurn said:

That's clear and she's not aiming for that. Crash was her "sell-out" era and she already said that wasn't her thing and that she doesn't even like some songs from the album.

6 hours ago, oshyms said:

spring breakers is so reminiscent of her early work with sophie (tko, round n round, bounce) and her bratty n1a era. if it doesn't make the album then idk what to say 

From the moment she posted a snippet of the track on her personal account she said the song wasn't going to be in the album.

**** she's still got it.

How many hours left?

33 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

How many hours left?

It's past midnight EST so idk.

3 hours ago, LCTV said:

It's past midnight EST so idk.

If it's coming, it should be coming in 5 hours.

if she's doing radio 1 at 6pm tonight i would think that's when she'll release the songs

10 hours ago, fememeist said:

Those were flops anyways

They have 100m streams each. I wouldn't consider that a flop

• Like 1

Yea I feel like these 2 songs would've been so good if they weren't so repetitive. I understand the whole concept etc but she should've just released an alternative rave version of brat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.