9 men sentenced to death by crucifixion and stoning for "sodomy" in Yemen

Gui Blackout

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Are the houthis not directly part of the experience of these people? 

You answering my questions will answer yours:

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

Quite literally no. The treatment of gay men in Yemen has literally nothing to do materially with American protests over weapons shipments.

If Joe Biden stopped being protested for sending 2,000 lb pounds to Israel, would life for gay men in Yemen improve?

If Yemen abandoned Palestine and began to ally with Israel, would life for gay men in Yemen improve?

Tell me, how are gay men treated in Saudi Arabia, a nation currently allying with Israel and trying to fold the rest of the Arab world into a US+Israel alliance?

So what motivates you to try and link the suffering of gay men in Yemen to the fact that you support Biden and don't like him being protested for shipping weapons? You don't care about dying gay men - you're rallying for a US president who was just bombing gay and straight Yemenis? :redface:

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

You're not discussing the experiences of queer people in the Middle East - you're trying to discuss and whitewash your preferred American presidential candidate bombing Palestine (and Yemen) and trying to exploit dying gay men in Yemen as a pretext to defend the ghoulishness of your indifference to Palestinian & Yemeni life. 

Do you think Joe Biden was supporting Saudi Arabia's bombing campaign on Yemen out of a love for queer people? 

I assume you agree then the moral answer is for Americans to neither support the Houthis (not sure any American has the means to materially support a foreign government but you think that one teen IS the Houthis, so sure!) or vote for Joe Biden, who is not only complicit in the deaths of 30k Palestinians but also 100k Yemenis? :celestial5:

Edited by Communion

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redstreak

• Communion

• Aethereal

• ClashAndBurn

I only read page 4 of this thread. What does this have to do with Israel and Biden?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

If Yemen abandoned Palestine and began to ally with Israel, would life for gay men in Yemen improve?

Tell me, how are gay men treated in Saudi Arabia, a nation currently allying with Israel and trying to fold the rest of the Arab world into a US+Israel alliance?

No their life would not improve, gay men in Saudi Arabia are treated monstrously and we should drop all allyship with them, but that has nothing to do with my post. On that topic, to get Joe Biden to move in the right direction, you need a lot of collective voices, more than just the people who are already tuned in 24/7. Do you think it helps normies come to your side when they see stories like this along side viral social media clips of pro-Palestinian americans chanting "Yemen Yemen make us proud?” I certainly don't think those people paint the entirety of pro-Palestinian protestors, because they don't, but do you think Karen off the street will be nuanced about it?

Edited by Redstreak

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

You answering my questions will answer yours:

I assume you agree then the moral answer is for Americans to neither support the Houthis (not sure any American has the means to materially support a foreign government but you think that one teen IS the Houthis, so sure!) or vote for Joe Biden, who is not only complicit in the deaths of 30k Palestinians but also 100k Yemenis? :celestial5:

The answer you probably get would be along the lines of: "I didn't bring up Joe Biden in this thread so I don't have to answer to your hypotheticals." :celestial5:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The answer you probably get would be along the lines of: "I didn't bring up Joe Biden in this thread so I don't have to answer to your hypotheticals." :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

No their life would not improve, gay men in Saudi Arabia are treated monstrously and we should drop all allyship with them, but that has nothing to do with my post. On that topic, to get Joe Biden to move in the right direction, you need a lot of collective voices, more than just the people who are already tuned in 24/7. Do you think it helps normies come to your side when they see stories like this along side viral social media clips of pro-Palestinian americans chanting "Yemen Yemen make us proud?” I certainly don't think those people paint the entirety of pro-Palestinian protestors, because they don't, but do you think Karen off the street will be nuanced about it?

I hope all the woke gays who insist islam is the most gay friendly and progressive religion on earth move to this area and wave their rainbow flags, and I hope they meet the same fate :rainbow:

Gay Pride Rainbow GIF by Phil Corbett
islam GIF

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 11

15 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I have not brought up Joe Biden in this thread

17 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Also my original post was one sentence long that included none of these topics you currently are

Who has caused more death and suffering of Yemeni citizens:

1. Hasan Piker who interviewed a Yemeni tiktok influencer or;
  2. Joe Biden who worked with Saudi Arabia to bomb Yemen and kill 100k people.

Quickly:celestial5: I'm so glad you're interested in calling out those who whitewash those who cause such mass suffering.

I personally will ensure I vote 3rd party come November in honor of queer Yemeni lives. #JoeBidenKillsQueerYemenis :clap3:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Who has caused more death and suffering of Yemeni citizens:

1. Hasan Piker who interviewed a Yemeni tiktok influencer or;
  2. Joe Biden who worked with Saudi Arabia to bomb Yemen and kill 100k people.

Quickly:celestial5: I'm so glad you're interested in calling out those who whitewash those who cause such mass suffering.

I personally will ensure I vote 3rd party come November in honor of queer Yemeni lives. #JoeBidenKillsQueerYemenis :clap3:

Joe Biden, what's your point

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

but do you think Karen off the street will be nuanced about it?

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Joe Biden, what's your point

That you're right - we have to be pragmatic and focus on the optics of American politics in ALL world events. You've just convinced us all that letting the deeply unpopular Biden lose is the only way to save the American Democratic party. :clap3:Thank you for your meaningful work. We must not whitewash ghouls with the blood of 100k+ on their hands. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Communion said:

That you're right - we have to be pragmatic and focus on the optics of American politics in ALL world events. You've just convinced us all that letting the deeply unpopular Biden lose is the only way to save the American Democratic party. :clap3:Thank you for your meaningful work. We must not whitewash ghouls with the blood of 100k+ on their hands. :clap3:

I'll be honest I can't really follow how this is an adequate response to either of those quotes 

Just now, Redstreak said:

I'll be honest I can't really follow how this is an adequate response to either of those quotes 

Because you don't actually care about anything regarding queer men in Yemen.

You're a Biden supporter whose only intention was to throw the thread into chaos and make it about Palestine.

So you think it's appropriate to make gay men living in fear be about Palestine and American supporters of Palestine, all of which you only care about because you're an American supporting a deeply unpopular candidate whose current policy platform is "kill all Gazans" and how deeply off-putting that is to normal people.

I literally can't imagine how mentally ill or deeply selfish in one's own privilege someone has to be to see suffering like in the OP and literally the only neurons that zap off in your head be to make this about why your preferred candidate is right to defend genocide and should be supported in an election thousands of miles away.

You literally *ran* into the thread to go "well I just don't think Palestine supporters should lionize terrorists.. but I'm not making it about Palestine".

Yet now when pointed out how you lionize a man who helped quite literally kill 100k Yemeni citizens, it's "that's not really the topic of this thread..."..

You're a ******* ghoul. :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Because you don't actually care about anything regarding queer men in Yemen.

You're a Biden supporter whose only intention was to throw the thread into chaos and make it about Palestine.

So you think it's appropriate to make gay men living in fear be about Palestine and American supporters of Palestine, all of which you only care about because you're an American supporting a deeply unpopular candidate whose current policy platform is "kill all Gazans" and how deeply off-putting that is to normal people.

I literally can't imagine how mentally ill or deeply selfish in one's own privilege someone has to be to see suffering like in the OP and literally the only neurons that zap off in your head be to make this about why your preferred candidate is right to defend genocide and should be supported in an election thousands of miles away.

You literally *ran* into the thread to go "well I just don't think Palestine supporters should lionize terrorists.. but I'm not making it about Palestine".

Yet now when pointed out how you lionize a man who helped quite literally kill 100k Yemeni citizens, it's "that's not really the topic of this thread..."..

You're a ******* ghoul. :deadbanana4:

Your essays have been the only chaos in here. I am not at fault for your inability to not engage in an argument :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

56 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

The most I've done to be "on the fence" the situation in Israel is say that I'm unsure of if what is happening in Israel is severe enough to be called a genocide. Not because I don't believe it not capable of happening, but I'm just unsure and think it's too early to tell. I certainly do not trust Hamas provided statistics. Do I think it's possible Israel has committed war crimes? 100%, and I've never said a single time on this forum or elsewhere that I believe Israel to be an innocent party in this.

Israel, itself, claims ~15,000-19,000 Palestinians civilians have been killed so far (that could very likely be an underestimation by them for obvious reasons). Besides that, the upcoming operation in Rafah will make the death toll even higher

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Your essays have been the only chaos in here.

You've spent half the thread wagging your finger at a Palestinian living in Jerusalem and telling them that they're "lionizing terrorists".

L7r0Jyk.png

:rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

You've spent half the thread wagging your finger at a Palestinian living in Jerusalem and telling them that they're "lionizing terrorists".

L7r0Jyk.png

:rip:

I've spent half the thread responding to *your* responses to my *one* sentence involving nothing you've tried to make it about :redface: if you hear "maybe the houthis are bad actually" and connect that to the broad support of Palestine that is *your* connection

Edited by Redstreak
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

my *one* sentence

I'm not sure it's a flex to brag about how you ruined a thread 3 posts in with what could have been about gay men's experiences within Yemen by making it instead a referendum with just one sentence on your pet political issue of electing Joe Biden. :rip:

You're effectively no different from a far-rightist. There's no actual concern for better for queer people in the Middle East, because the only way people like you can engage with these people's suffering is by re-centering yourself and going "-but all I did was post one sentence about migrants in Europe...." ,"-but all I did was post one sentence about protests in America....".. You're not concerned for them. You're concerned for your own wins. :rip:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, Communion said:

I'm not sure it's a flex to brag about how you ruined a thread 3 posts in with what could have been about gay men's experiences within Yemen by making it instead a referendum with just one sentence on your pet political issue of electing Joe Biden. :rip:

You're effectively no different from a far-rightist. There's no actual concern for better for queer people in the Middle East, because the only way people like you can engage with these people's suffering is by re-centering yourself and going "-but all I did was post one sentence about migrants in Europe...." ,"-but all I did was post one sentence about protests in America....".. You're not concerned for them. You're concerned for your own wins. :rip:

If that's how you viewed my post, I obviously don't, why would you stoop to further derail instead of just adding what you deem the thread could have been about and ignoring me

Edited by Redstreak
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

lil Oz, maybe post your own opinion instead of down voting or have you got none, you must be ok with stoning. 

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

Horrible, barbaric - I hope against the odds that these poor men are able to have their sentences reduced to jail or at least a less medieval form of execution. There's no defending this.

Now onto the madness in this thread - I'll ignore the fact that the fact that the Biden-Houthis parallel is obviously ridiculous, let's take it at face value. 

People don't necessarily take issue with acknowledging when individual Houthi or Hamas actions might align with Palestinian interests - they take issue with the glorification, whitewashing, and heroising of the Houthis/Hamas when this foul **** is their actual reality. Yemen Yemen make us proud, glorifying Hamas violence, wearing their iconography, rampant Islamism apologia. Y'all ran in here just itching to do apologia as opposed to actually using your heads to think about our fellow gay men who are being brutalised by this regime.

An American leftist reluctantly voting for Joe Biden on one day is in no way the same as a leftist consistently lionising Islamist groups, attempting to launder their image, and do apologia for their actions. Yall can try and pretend this is not happening in Western leftist spaces at the moment, but you are lying to yourselves. The language of "Decolonisation" is consistently being used to reframe the violence of these groups away from what it actually is - which is angry right wing religious ideologues enacting their will.

And that is on that.

• Like 1

This is inexcusable. :biblio:

LOL. If the Houthis are against Zionists doesn't mean they pander to any leftist agenda, it also doesn't mean that they aren't literal savages. And if you thought for a second that people cannot make that differentiation then you need to get your 🗿 out of your 🍑

• Like 4

1 hour ago, What_A_Mess said:

I hope all the woke gays who insist islam is the most gay friendly and progressive religion on earth move to this area and wave their rainbow flags, and I hope they meet the same fate :rainbow:

Gay Pride Rainbow GIF by Phil Corbett
islam GIF

The problem isn't with Islam, it's with these backwards, uneducated inbreds who reject any sort of outside culture or opinions. Christians from that area are the same exact way

Edited by Pillz
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

I wonder how will Trump react to those ship attacks if he beats Biden this year?

Edited by Aethereal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.