Who will snatch AOTY - Cowboy Carter or Tortured Poet?

1000 forms of queer

Will Bey FINALLY snatch AOTY this time?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Or will Tay snatch?

• Beyonce - Cowboy Carter
    • Taylor Swift - Tortured Poet's Department

12 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

Dopamine by Normani 

spacer.png

2044 Grammies (Ik; how original). As for AOTY it's going to Billie or Vampire Weekend

Edited by Pillz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• 1000 forms of queer

• Roger21

• Feanor

:devil:   My money would be on Grammy darling Billie.  Of course, with her it doesn't even need to be the biggest, the best or even chart that well.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I think CC will win best engineered album

She doesn't appear to have ever been nominated for any of her albums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Engineered_Album,_Non-Classical

Is Beyoncé working with a lot of producers and engineers who are Grammy favourites?

This is often a more important factor than the actual quality of sound engineering, otherwise I'm not sure why you think CC would win.

• Thumbs Down 1

it depends on the genre of ttpd… CC and lasso might split the country votes, billie and some other pop album (eternal sunshine?) might split the pop votes… feel like a jon batiste 2.0 will happen lmfao 

Neither.

9 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

for an album that's not even out yet make it make sense :rip:  

of course we have to wait for the release but so far there's no reason to think this album would be unworthy 

4 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

Taylor is literally my fave, but 5 AOTY for one person is just too excessive, especially if she just won literally a year ago. Even Taylor herself would appreciate giving others a chance to win

Andddd. I am 100% confident Taylor will get to her 5th AOTY down the line, so I'm not really worried about her not winning and giving others the chance to win

Fair enough. Vampire weekend for AOTY please. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoseBud said:

:devil:   My money would be on Grammy darling Billie.  Of course, with her it doesn't even need to be the biggest, the best or even chart that well.  

Also Billie campaigns HARD 

If her album is somewhat successful and better than the last, she will win

Kacey or Ariana has the better album so far.

Taylor has to be absolutely acclaimed like 98% on metacritic to be considered.

Cowboy 100% sure

Neither. Billie will win. 

9 hours ago, AxelFox said:

Because the quality of the album is not really a detrimental factor in winning the award, as we have seen numerous times in the past. It's more about the narrative :spin:

You literally responded for me, I was gonna say this :coffee:

Neither. Lasso will :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

probably a male non-pop album

this is why i'm upset they gave it to MIDnights, this Tay album will probably be so much better than it but it won't be awarded simply bc she got it this year 

• Like 2

The Grammys will either give it to Taylor to troll Bey after Jay made a speech about her not getting AOTY 

Its either Tay or Billie 

• Like 1

If they don't start mixing up who they give the award to, they're officially done for. We're all so sick of watching the same huge artist(s) win every ******* year. Hopefully hell will freeze over and Lana will get the Grammy for AOTY with Lasso :khalyan2: if not, I'll never tune in again. I don't need to watch these same artists develop a narcissistic God complex by winning year after year while so much other talent goes unrecognized 

They're not gonna give it to Taylor two years in a row, so either Beyonce or someone else.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Taylena said:

Why are we discussing if an album that's yet to be released will win a Grammy? :dies:

Because we are stats nerds. 

12 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

So much fuss over a trophy that has more to do with politics than music quality lol

Interesting to say that now...that wasn't the case during the I am...Sasha Fierce, BEYONCE, Lemonade and Renaissance eras but ok.

That said, I'm thinking neither and still going with Billie, Vampire Weekend or someone else.

A rap album and possible r&b album or two rap albums or just one rap album inclusion will pull votes and sway things a bit.

This thread confused me for a moment. I read CC as CaCa :rip:

Kinda hope Tay gets it for the backlash, the Grammys need to crash and burn tbh Harry's House and MIDnights back to back is tragic. 

:khalyan:

As a Swiftie I hope for Beyoncé, this album is great and she deserves  AOTY. 

If Gaga release LG7, i'm here to see her winning AOTY 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.