STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

What does Cowboy Carter have that Renaissance didn't?

cuteboyzay

Despite Renaissance setting the bar extremely high for albums in general, it seems Cowboy Carter is (for some reason) gaining a much wider appeal with the General Public than Renaissance did! :deadbanana2:

I mean THE becoming such a HUGE global smash and it only being the first single from the album, and it's already bigger than BMS lmao! And Cowboy Carter already outdebuting Rennie!

So with that being said, what is it that Cowboy Carter has that Rennie didn't, that's making it such a huge success???

4 minutes ago, cuteboyzay said:

Despite Renaissance setting the bar extremely high for albums in general, it seems Cowboy Carter is (for some reason) gaining a much wider appeal with the General Public than Renaissance did! :deadbanana2:

I mean THE becoming such a HUGE global smash and it only being the first single from the album, and it's already bigger than BMS lmao! And Cowboy Carter already outdebuting Rennie!

So with that being said, what is it that Cowboy Carter has that Rennie didn't, that's making it such a huge success???

Renaissance did the heavy lifting and set the foundations for Cowboys success. The quality is there for both and that is all that was needed.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

I feel like it's piggy backing off the acclaim and hype from Renaissance as huge debuts tend to showcase. Wasn't cuff it bigger on streaming than Texas hold em or am I wrong? 

No it wasn't. Cuff it was still huge though. Texas had the advantage in being the lead.

Increased streaming power from Reneigh era + several tracks being more digestable for GP + good music + smarter choices (e.g, playlisting II most wanted instead of Summer Renaissance)

Let's be honest. Reneigh was a bit too gay for much of the GP.

Edited by SoundsandSongs
  • Like 1

This is all happening as a result of Renneigh. She got back on streaming thanks to Renny and now she's more successful again in the streaming era 

• Like 1

It has a wider appeal and the GP loved that, Renny was for us messy gays and it was too KNTY for white america

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Renn was to homosecchus for the GP.  CC is the yee haa but make it talent energy they desperately needed

renn was for ballroom **** and had a niche sitting that had songs that captured the gp attention that stuck with them. cowboy carter is for everyone. cowboy carter has the resurgence of commercial and critical success and GP traction renn established and it's a very strong follow up, that a lot of people consider not only better than renn but better than her entire discography bar perhaps lemonade. I believe she put way more time and consideration into this album as well, and had more time to craft it into the masterpiece that it is... considering Miley's vocals serve as a audio reference to how long its been in the works.

Edited by Gladiator

More people can relate, especially in the US. As the others said Renny is too KNTY for some to handle 

they're both amazing though (even though Renny will always be my fav:heart2:)

Homophobia :ryan3:

CC is a masterpiece though, a Virgo always gonna Virgo :clap3:

Jolene :giraffe:

Rennie felt like it was just meant yo be fun and carefree but Cowboy Carter has strong intention. Theres much more soul in it and storytelling. it just has a kind of Lemonade energy about it. Definitely a stronger contender for AOTY than rennty imo. 

2 hours ago, Danes said:

RENAISSANCE walked so COWBOY CARTER could run

Who's that in your avi and what is his profession?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gov Hooka said:

I feel like it's piggy backing off the acclaim and hype from Renaissance as huge debuts tend to showcase. Wasn't cuff it bigger on streaming than Texas hold em or am I wrong? 

This. It's her first album rollout in the streaming era after being integrated into the streaming era.

Plus "The AC/DC Rule", the follow up success is a referendum on the last project.

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2013/04/04/176269938/justin-timberlake-and-the-ac-dc-rule

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

Who's that in your avi and what is his profession?

Taylor Zakhar Perez and he's an actor. Check out Red, White & Royal Blue on Prime Video!

2 hours ago, Danes said:

Taylor Zakhar Perez and he's an actor. Check out Red, White & Royal Blue on Prime Video!

Thank you and I will check it out!

• Like 1

a Miley Cyrus feature:gayoncecat3:

Erm Renaissance had the burden of dragging her out of TG/BIK territory back into super global smash spheres

Cowboy Carter had its bed spread for it by the hard work of THEE Rennie, don't put disrespect on her name :angry:

Renaissance walked so CC could run!

• Like 6

- Renaissance was her first official streaming era release, so there was some groundwork to make up after years of Tidal/Digital exclusives.

- THE is a better lead single than BMS

- This album has bigger collabs

I mean it's not a PC answer but it's way less overtly queer in its influences

ppl are lying to themselves if they think the answer is anything other than "music that appeals to straight ppl"

love both albums & i'm happy for cc's success but in an ideal world renaissance would've been the bigger album

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.