7+ young women punched in NYC streets, repeat violent offender given bail

PoisonPill

March 17 at 11:48 a.m. -- 25 year old Oliva Brand punched in the head while walking her dog at Kenmare Street and Mulberry Street in Nolita by a man who apologized. -- https://www.tiktok.com/@olivia.brand/video/7347344644507700522?

March 19 at 8 p.m. – 30 year old Sarah Suzuki Harvard punched on Delancey Street at Essex Street on the Lower East Side. She did not report the incident.

March 23 at 1:30 p.m. --  25-year-old woman slapped in the forehead by an individual at West 42nd Street and Seventh Avenue in Midtown. victims tiktok account is now private -- https://www.tiktok.com/@malous228

Monday -- 36-year-old woman punched in the back by man who ran up behind her at Rivington and Chrystie streets on the Lower East Side. She refused medical attention.

Monday at 10:20 a.m. --  23 year old Halley Kate (real name Halley McGookin) reported being either punched or elbowed on West 16th Street and Seventh Avenue in Chelsea. 40 year old Skiboky Stora of 518 West 17th Street is charged with assault. --

https://www.tiktok.com/@halleykate/video/7350308300317314350

Monday at around 2 p.m.  – 27 year old Mikayla Toninato was punched in the face at West 14th Street and Fifth Avenue in Greenwich Village. She reported the incident two days later. -- https://www.tiktok.com/@mikaylatoninato/video/7350742923530538282

Tuesday at 12:43 p.m. – 24 year old woman punched in the head in front of 717 Avenue of the Americas in Chelsea. She refused medical attention

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/03/28/skiboky-stora-accused-of-attacking-nyc-tiktoker-goes-on-unhinged-rant-in-court/

Skiboky Stora, accused of attacking NYC TikToker, goes on unhinged rant in court

2-splitter-copy-55.jpeg?w=1080

Skiboky Stora, the political gadfly arrested for assaulting a TikTok influencer, appeared in Manhattan Criminal Court Thursday and repeatedly interrupted prosecutors to go on wild rants about being wronged.

Stora, 40, who has frequently run for office, including mayor and governor, as a fringe candidate, is accused of punching TikTok influencer Halley Kate McGookin as she walked near W. 16th St. and Seventh Ave. in Chelsea at 10:20 a.m. Monday.

"My rights are being violated. Can I ask a question?” Stora said the moment he faced Judge Pamela Goldsmith. "I just want to speak. I have a right to ask the judge a question. Do I have that right?”

"Now they bring me here and say they have video footage of me punching somebody that I never met and have never seen,” he added. "That's denying me due process, and the same officer is a white supremacist member who has arrested me.”

Assistant District Attorney Liliana Shelanski shared statements Stora allegedly made to cops after being arrested.

"She's a ghost, who is my accuser? You are the one who did it, I am looking at your hand,” Shelanski told police, according to prosecutors.

Stora was arrested for the assault on McGookin Wednesday by the warrant squad while he was appearing in court on prior open cases.

Stora allegedly struck a man in the neck and shoulder on the corner of W. 17th St. and Eighth Ave. on Sept. 20. Then on Oct. 26 he assaulted a woman on W. 17th St., hitting her on the shoulder with his elbow, authorities charge.

On Nov. 18 at E. 15th St. and Fifth Ave., Stora was tearing down posters of kidnapped Israeli hostages when a woman photographed him.

"The individual began shouting at her and chasing her down the street,” the criminal complaint states. "The individual followed her approximately 1.5 blocks.”

The woman entered an apartment building to escape Stora but he allegedly followed her in, shouting "Die, Jew, die.”

On Wednesday night, the NYPD called attention to Stora's record, branding him a "criminal recidivist.”

"Your NYPD detectives were able to identify the man after he was previously arrested for similar attacks, only to be released back on our streets,” the NYPD posted on X.

Shelanski requested bail "because the defendant cannot refrain from attacking strangers while he is released in public.”

"Mr. Stora has never failed to make a court appearance,” countered defense lawyer Jeffrey Linehan. "Not only has he grown up here, his entire family resides in the city. Mr. Stora is a political figure, he ran for several offices just last year.

"He has been targeted over the course of the last year by the arresting officer detective in a series of incidents that he describes to me as racially motivated,” added Linehan.

Shelanski responded that since Stora has been arrested multiple times within the same neighborhood, the same detective has been assigned to two of his cases.

Stora was ordered held on $10,000 bail.

Police recovered surveillance footage of the attack on McGookin, according to prosecutors and a criminal complaint, and Stora identified himself in a still image, telling cops "Yeah, that's me walking my dog.”

McGookin posted a TikTok video right after the assault, filming herself walking down a street in distress with a lump on the left side of her forehead.

"I was literally just walking and a man came up and punched me in the face,” said the influencer, seemingly in shock. "Oh my God, it hurts so bad.”

In what she said would be her last video about the assault, Mcgookin posted a TikTok on Wednesday showing a photo of Stora.

"The man who assaulted me has been arrested,” said the influencer. "This is him.”

The attack on the influencer is one of many random assaults female TikTok users in New York say they've experienced in the past few weeks.

"Please make sure if this happens to you, report it to the police and try to remember as much detail as you possibly can,” said Mcgookin.

On Tuesday, another woman posted a video to TikTok after being assaulted, showing a bruise under her left eye. The woman, Mikayla Toninato, posted a video Thursday afternoon saying her assailant had been arrested.

"I just got a call from my detective who has been working this case, he was going to different buildings in the area to get more surveillance footage and then literally saw the man walking around the street and just arrested him,” said Toninato.

Although Stora was in custody when Toninato's attacker was arrested, police are looking at several other unsolved assaults to see if Stora is responsible for those.

Edited by PoisonPill

If he's found guilty I hope he spends a long time in jail.

2 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

If he's found guilty I hope he spends a long time in jail.

Don't count on it, he's been arrested 40+ times and is released without bail each time. Because of the press attention, this time the judge gave him a measly $10k bail. Fully expect him back on the streets terrorizing women in time for summer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Our joke of a judicial system strikes again. Won't be long until he unalives someone, that the incompetent judges lock him up. 

• Like 2

ofc hes a trump loonie

• Like 1

NYC is a sh*t show

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

Don't count on it, he's been arrested 40+ times and is released without bail each time. Because of the press attention, this time the judge gave him a measly $10k bail. Fully expect him back on the streets terrorizing women in time for summer.

1 hour ago, shinyshimmery said:

Our joke of a judicial system strikes again. Won't be long until he unalives someone, that the incompetent judges lock him up. 

This is so ****** up. Like you can literally get 25 years in jail for leaking some documents like the Reddit ceo who K himself

1 hour ago, Karla Cabello said:

ofc hes a trump loonie

lol as if that's the common threadline in all the recent violent assaults in NYC streets and subways :rip: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

How tf is this allowed?  :biblio:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

NY bail laws that don't follow a logical pattern. This happens much to often where someone is clearly not fit to be around the public is constantly released. NY needs to fix its legal system, as there's now career criminals just walking down the street. 

A man was pushed to his death in the subway last week. The suspect had multiple prior arrests. A man was assaulted a month ago with a bottle on the train, the suspect also had multiple arrests. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Us New Yorkers wanted to elect progressive "justice reform" leaders :michael: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Local politician" you can't be serious

Progressive judges and prosecutors are actively ruining cities across America. No one wants to walk the streets and ride public transit with absolute psychotic monsters like this one - yet they're everywhere

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Archetype said:

The DA's are useless and don't bother prosecuting. Many assaulters are thrown back onto the streets. The murderer who killed that girl in Georgia had been previously apprehended in New York for endangering a child and NYPD still released him.

8 minutes ago, bad guy said:

The DA's are useless and don't bother prosecuting. Many assaulters are thrown back onto the streets. The murderer who killed that girl in Georgia had been previously apprehended in New York for endangering a child and NYPD still released him.

The NYPD doesn't decide that, they just make the arrest. The judges and DA's office are the ones releasing these violent people with no bail and a future court date that they'll never show up for. All the policework basically just gets undone right away.

• Like 2

This thread being filled with uncritical copaganda. It's always right wing users too who talk about wokism somehow all having the same anti-poor people talking points. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 hours ago, Communion said:

This thread being filled with uncritical copaganda. It's always right wing users too who talk about wokism somehow all having the same anti-poor people talking points. :rip:

You almost checked off all your buzzwords! :clap:

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 3

28 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

buzzwords!

Okay Republican. :smiley: Your entire post history in this thread is literally a compilation of buzzwords and claims without evidence.

Where is there evidence suggesting this man has been arrested 40 times for violent assault?

8 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

back on the streets terrorizing

7 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

progressive "justice reform" leaders

5 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

are the ones releasing these violent people

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Communion said:

Okay Republican. :smiley: Your entire post history in this thread is literally a compilation of buzzwords and claims without evidence.

Where is there evidence suggesting this man has been arrested 40 times for violent assault?

Republican, who? Can't be me, you must mean the Trump supporter who runs a TikTok for harassing and assaulting women in NYC streets while praising Trump and mocking democrats?

https://nypost.com/2024/03/28/us-news/shiboky-stora-arrested-for-allegedly-punching-23-year-old-documents-harassment-of-nyc-women-on-tiktok/

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

There is literally nothing in this article indicating this man was arrested 40 times for violent assault. 

Can you please provide evidence for this claim:

9 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Don't count on it, he's been arrested 40+ times and is released without bail each time.

31 minutes ago, Communion said:

There is literally nothing in this article indicating this man was arrested 40 times for violent assault. 

Can you please provide evidence for this claim:

I get it, you're sea lioning by focusing in on one detail. That's fine. He has 3 arrests in the past 6 months, and has "an extensive arrest record" before that. The 40 arrests number was from a different NYC serial assaulter who's also been in the news.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/women-being-punched-in-nyc-suspect

unfortunately, when the whether gets warmer, stuff like this happens. there's no reason why someone with that many arrests is not in jail.

25 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

I get it, you're sea lioning by focusing in on one detail.

"on one detail" - it's the entire basis of your argument. That someone has been arrested 40+ times yet not in jail is the fault of (progressive) DAs & not cops.

...except he was never arrested "over 40 times". Why would you spread such a lie? Per the NYS court website, he was only arrested one previous time, in December

You're arguing that the police do their job, yet the previous arrest you mention was on 12/07/23 for incidents that occurred in September & November.

NYC has the largest police force in the world. Why did it take 3 months to find and arrest someone for harassment? Too much time spent in the subways?

The NYC police weren't even who identified him for the incidents in September + November - he had went viral on social media for yelling racial abuse at a Jewish man. An arrest that resulted in a court appearance the next day, a order of protection for the stranger he harassed within 24 hours, and then a trial within a month. 

cqHzZKW.png

So what argument are you trying to make? What exactly do progressive DAs have to do with verbal street harassment not being a jailed-with-no-bond sentence?

Why are you praising police who in both of this man's arrests quite literally did nothing and relied on social media identifying him?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.