Beyoncé reveals 'Cowboy Carter' was originally Act I

ratedreid

SOURCE: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/beyonce-releases-cowboy-carter-302103403.html

spacer.png

"My process is that I typically have to experiment," Beyoncé says. "I enjoy being open to have the freedom to get all aspects of things I love out and so I worked on many songs.  I recorded probably 100 songs. Once that is done, I am able to put the puzzle together and realize the consistencies and the common themes, and then create a solid body of work."

"This album took over five years," she says. "It's been really great to have the time and the grace to be able to take my time with it. I was initially going to put COWBOY CARTER out first, but with the pandemic, there was too much heaviness in the world. We wanted to dance. We deserved to dance. But I had to trust God's timing."

"I think people are going to be surprised because I don't think this music is what everyone expects," Beyoncé says, "but it's the best music I've ever made."

• Like 9

I wonder what the next theme could be

Just now, LCTV said:

I wonder what the next theme could be

If she's honoring/reclaiming black genres, a rock album makes sense. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It makes sense. "AMEN" transitions very well into Renaissance.

• Like 9

Makes sense tbh

Yea, I've had an inkling for a while that that the reason visuals haven't come out for act i is because it wouldn't make sense as the story starts with Cowboy Carter, so we need to see the Cowboy Carter visuals as they lead into Renaissance.

• Thanks 12

Interesting. I am interested to see how it all fits together in the end with act 3.

27 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

she probably was going to release CC as a normal album and not part of a trilogy, she had a dance album concept and songs ready to follow but not as an act

then covid happened, she placed her focus on the dance record and came up with the trilogy concept somewhere in between 

Maybe but I'm not sure about that. Amen transitions a bit into I AM THAT GIRL. 

Plus the idea in American Requiem is the same one in ITG. 

I think she already had both albums ready and finished. She just decided to switch the order because of the pandemic. 

Also add to the fact that Renaissance is teased in Levii's jeans. 

Edited by BnPac
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BnPac said:

This is classic confirmation bias. Summer renaissance can also transition into ameriican requiem if you really wanted it to

And the musical alliance here includes contributions from an impressive list of artists as vocalists, musicians, and orators, including Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Linda Martell, Stevie Wonder, Chuck Berry, Mylie Cyrus, Post Malone, Jon Batiste, Rhiannon Giddens, Nile Rodgers, Robert Randolph, Gary Clark, Jr., Willie Jones, Brittney Spencer, Shaboozey, Reyna Roberts, Tanner Adell and Tiera Kennedy.

moo.png

• Haha 5

I can see that 

And the visuals are where exactly?

I hate Bianca, release a doc pleaseeeee. I know you have them footages in your Mac. 

Edited by Comedor

It really does feel like a natural sonic progression from Lemonade to me. 

And I think "renaissance" as an album title would have made even more sense coming after cowboy carter. 

3 hours ago, BnPac said:

Plus the idea in American Requiem is the same one in ITG. 

I think she already had both albums ready and finished. She just decided to switch the order because of the pandemic. 

Also add to the fact that Renaissance is teased in Levii's jeans. 

I had a feeling that this was the exact reason, down to the pandemic. :rip: The first time I heard the sudden tempo speed up at the end of "Amen" I knew it had to be a way of time traveling or something akin to it.  She rarely does anything like that without a purpose, and that choice couldn't have been some random decision. 

• Like 3

Interesting. Notice how she says she "recorded" 100 songs instead of "wrote" 100 songs. I thought she wrote her music

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

33 minutes ago, Where are you now? said:

Interesting. Notice how she says she "recorded" 100 songs instead of "wrote" 100 songs. I thought she wrote her music

people are SO weird when it comes to Beyonce… like the way people nitpick every single thing that she does… it's giving… something…

Edited by imabadkid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Can she put the visuals out then since it's in the order she wants?

2 hours ago, Where are you now? said:

You could write 1000 songs and record 100 so your point doesn't even make sense. Saying "recorded" is to show how much work she put into making fully realized productions. But I'm sure looking like a fool wasn't your concern when you typed it, you just wanted to get a petty, dated jab in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

You could write 1000 songs and record 100 so your point doesn't even make sense. Saying "recorded" is to show how much work she put into making fully realized productions. But I'm sure looking like a fool wasn't your concern when you typed it, you just wanted to get a petty, dated jab in.

That makes sense and honestly didn't think of it that way. The wording just seemed funny to me. Usually in interviews when artists are talking about making an album they say it along the lines "I wrote around 70 songs for this album" or "We worked on about 150 songs over the last 4 years" etc. Idk why "recorded" just sounds like an American Idol winner walked into the studio and recorded whatever demo the producer threw at them. But I apologize, I know Bey writes 

8 hours ago, Achilles. said:

And I think "renaissance" as an album title would have made even more sense coming after cowboy carter. 

???

it was a studio album released after a pandemic

what-confused.gif

11 hours ago, Chris said:

And the visuals are where exactly?

You are the visuals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.