IOS music app for local mp3 files?

blackstar

Okay, so recently I switched from Android to Apple and the one thing that bothers me the most how can I transfer and play downloaded mp3 files that I have on my Android to my iPhone?

I have so many music files of mostly unreleased/leaked music and it seems like there is no way for me to play those files on my iPhone. I've seen that you can do it through Apple Music but you have to subscribe to AM, but I'm using Spotify already for idk how many years.

If you add those files to your local files on your laptop you could use Spotify premium and play them whenever without having to have them on your phone 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackstar said:

Okay, so recently I switched from Android to Apple and the one thing that bothers me the most how can I transfer and play downloaded mp3 files that I have on my Android to my iPhone?

I have so many music files of mostly unreleased/leaked music and it seems like there is no way for me to play those files on my iPhone. I've seen that you can do it through Apple Music but you have to subscribe to AM, but I'm using Spotify already for idk how many years.

You can manually transfer songs from your Mac/PC using the Music/iTunes app.

• Like 1

buy an android bc its better or switch to apple music bc its better

ios/spotify is a pick a struggle situation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blackstar said:

i don't think this is true?

you can use the music library whether you are subscribed to AM or not, just need to upload the files through itunes app on desktop

I used iTunes to import local files when I had Windows and now after switching to Mac I use Music (same thing), works perfectly and I have my local files next to songs from Apple Music subscription.

I don't get why people don't know/use this.

I import mp3 files using iTunes on my laptop. It's cool since you can also add the artwork of your preference.

the music app on iOS is called iTunes, that's it

• Like 1

Go with Telegram, you can upload your songs there and create a channel for your use only

Edited by shoganai

Good question, this is a case for the EU :rofl:

where-magnifyingglass.gif 

spotify - play local files on a computer, while theyre playing use the spotify app on your phone and add the song/s to your liked or a playlist.

i'd best lost without spotify local files

I download the file on my phone, use Evertag app to sort the title, cover etc and then copy the file into the local files folder on my phone and that's it on my Spotify. 

I use Samply, I have all my sessions (I'm at 51 albuum sessions right now lol) there and it has option for streaming and download , is a website and also has an app and it synchs all your library, it's super user friendly.

For example here's my Ultraviolence one

• Thanks 1

You don't need an Apple Music subscription but you do need iTunes Match. You can add any song to the library on your computer and it will be uploaded to the cloud and available in the music app on all of your devices. I've used it for years for all of my unreleased songs and never had a problem. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/108935

i think you only need iTunes and the files app that comes with ios

3 hours ago, blackstar said:

get iTunes on a computer and you can put your local files (aac, alac, mp3 and wav. NO flac, convert to alac) directly into the iTunes application once its open. connect your phone to your computer and have your libraries sync between computer and phone. (depending on how many local files you have youll have to switch out some songs/albums/etc as you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.