• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• PurpleAfrodyte

• suburbannature

• chaeyonce

Of course, it is a high score!

When was the last time she scored low on Metacritic?

2 hours ago, TeamThiem said:

Of course, it is a high score!

When was the last time she scored low on Metacritic?

I am Sasha Fierce

2 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Out of all places, Beys team would go to Page Six for payola? Please be serious.

I dont know, but "saving a dying genre" sounds like a paid PR than an honest review :rip:

• Thumbs Down 4

8 minutes ago, LIDDOATIN said:

I dont know, but "saving a dying genre" sounds like a paid PR than an honest review :rip:

sounds more like a setup given their audience. pagesix is literally a rag

It also makes her look terrible/annoying, npbody would pay for that as PR

Edited by tellem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

What I'm about to say isn't solely about Beyonce but stans ruined music criticism broadly speaking and I don't take music critics seriously these days. I broadly view them the way I view YouTube music  reactors

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm hyped for the rest of the results

Edited by futuresuperstar2023

4 hours ago, LIDDOATIN said:

It's a right-wing publication. :rip: It's much more likely that they're purposefully stoking the flames of their base to increase viewership of the article.

Thank goodness the rest of the publications are holding off. I think it's bizarre when everyone rushes to review everything as quickly as possible 

2 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

Thank goodness the rest of the publications are holding off. I think it's bizarre when everyone rushes to review everything as quickly as possible 

I agree... how can anyone review a full on album after 24 hrs or even a week tbh. 

It gives the notion of music needing to be instantly devourable. Real music has layers and real albums create stories and atmospheres which only reveal themselves over time. 

I for one was very sceptical of this new album... but I have now listened to it twice from beginning to end and I have a ballpark... maybe of points I would award to it, but for a final score it would be way too early. 

For example during my first listen, I didn't pay much attention to Bodyguard, but after my 2nd listen... I wanted to replay it immediately. 

Muisc reviews are their own entitity and they have nothing to do with music, imo.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

I was just coming in here to ask what was taking so long lol 

Rolling Stone :jonny5:

Oh Rolling Stone :jonny5:

:clap3:

How is this a dying genre when a lot of top 10 songs are country tho, nnnn.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

:clap3:

How is this a dying genre when a lot of top 10 songs are country tho, nnnn.

Exactly!! smh

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

Exactly!! smh

I know your hand is instinctively going to the dislike button like a ghost limb :rip:

--

It's crazy she has four critically acclaimed classic studio albums back to back to back to back. This has to be one of the most unprecedented runs in music history

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

I know your hand is instinctively going to the dislike button like a ghost limb :rip:

--

It's crazy she has four critically acclaimed classic studio albums back to back to back to back. This has to be one of the most unprecedented runs in music history

Not a ghost limb hfddhhfghjjj

I was hoping RS would let Brittany write the review; I love her :clap3:

This album deserves every single bit of praise. :clap3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShouldersSideways said:

--

xcuse you, I was just agreeing with what another user said.

Also, "instinctively" - gurlll I lost my reactive privileges. I am not reacting to anything any time soon. ok?

annnnnddddd I was referring to the review of it being a "dying genre". especially when country songs have became huge hits over recent years, including Morgan Wallen's album that has sold 5+ million copies & has been #1 for weeks upon weeks.

blessings.

x

• Thumbs Down 4

Wasn't expecting 5 stars from RS after their Reneigh review but hmmmm

I think this album will play better with people who didn't rave about Renaissance and vice versa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.