Billie Eilish drags artists releasing different vinyls for numbers and money

k4rmabutterfly

15 minutes ago, Feanor said:

A mistake that she didn't feel the need to communicate to her consumers? She and her team knew for months that the vinyl wouldn't have the full album or features that they promised in the product description (like the printed vinyl sleeves) and had all the time in the world to warn consumers of the product's missing contents, but decided not to, on top off marketing them as limited editions. So yes, Beyoncé did weaponize FOMO and exploited her own fans by offering them an exclusive edition of her album, very well knowing that they wouldn't get what she promised to sell them. That is deception 101 and you trying to create excuses for the fact that no one knew they'd be getting a trimmed down version of her album only makes you yourself look like you're desperately trying to grasp at straws to defend Beyoncé's participation in the industry's greedy tactics. She isn't any better or worse than Taylor Swift. 

Could've, would've, should've. At the end of the day she did not advertise it that way and instead gave her fans an album with multiple tracks missing without telling them so.

Didn't you just say that she shouldn't have buried the faulty vinyl versions? :rip:

So now you do want her to print out a new batch of 100k+ vinyl albums all over again and ship them to fans again, as if transportation isn't a big reason for CO2 emissions? Did you just forget how wasteful that would be for the environment? So one second Beyoncé does care for the environment and the next she doesn't, depending on how you can twist that argument to attack other artists.:rofl:

Do you know what FOMO is? If she wanted to weaponize FOMO she would sell this as an exclusive version. I don't know what happened behind the scenes and this is very unlike Beyonce as she's certainly not known for stuff like this (unlike others) but I suspect the change happened very late in the game as apparently the photoshoot and the Miley duet happened after the Grammys. Still, I fail to see what a mishap in vinyl production has to do with Taylor's greed and predatory exploiting of her fans by dripfeeding exclusive content to make them buy more vinyl, especially as a veteran with leverage to veto these things (as opposed to Billie and Olivia).

As for what Beyonce will do to rectify the situation, I have no idea, I simply offered an alternative. You seem to be foaming at the mouth because of a different tracklist so I guess YOU want her to either ship amended albums or a whole new album to fans. I'm sure she will find the best way to make it up to them though because she actually cares about her work and her art and doesn't treat it as a disposable way to make extra income ;) But thank you about the education in truck CO2 emission, I hadn't thought of that to be honest whereas I'm sure you think about needless transportation CO2 emissions a lot ;)

Edited by Jay07
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Feanor

• suburbannature

• Blue Monday

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Do you know what FOMO is? If she wanted to weaponize FOMO she would sell this as an exclusive version. I don't know what happened behind the scenes and this is very unlike Beyonce as she's certainly not known for stuff like this (unlike others) but I suspect the change happened very late in the game as apparently the photoshoot and the Miley duet happened after the Grammys. Still, I fail to see what a mishap in vinyl production has to do with Taylor's greed and exploiting her fans by dripfeeding exclusive content, especially as a veteran with leverage to veto these things (as opposed to Billie and Olivia).

And she is selling them as exclusive versions. The exclusivity and limited nature of her 4 vinyl variants are literally and explicitly mentioned in her shop. That is weaponization of FOMO by emphasizing the uniqueness and finality of the product she's selling.

And once again, a mishap in the vinyl production could be plausible. But then it was Beyoncé's moral responsibility to tell her consumers before their purchase that the albums they'd be receiving are unfinished and lack contents she had promised them. Even Nicki Minaj's fans knew that her latest album's vinyl versions did not include the full album, yet Beyoncé was somehow incapable of making this transparent too? She took their money, gave them an unfinished product and did not communicate this in any capacity at any point. If you don't think this exploitation and greed, then idk what to tell you.

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

As for what Beyonce will do to rectify the situation, I have no idea, I simply offered an alternative. You seem to be foaming at the mouth because of a different tracklist so I guess YOU want her to either ship amended albums or a whole new album to fans. I'm sure she will find the best way to make it up to them though because she actually cares about her work and her art ;)

An alternative that would only increase the environmental harms, even tho you claimed that's something Beyoncé takes into consideration. You undermined your own points.

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

She graduated from the Mariah school of shades for that "ME!” :ahh:

7 minutes ago, Feanor said:

And she is selling them as exclusive versions. The exclusivity and limited nature of her 4 vinyl variants are literally and explicitly mentioned in her shop. That is weaponization of FOMO by emphasizing the uniqueness and finality of the product she's selling.

And once again, a mishap in the vinyl production could be plausible. But then it was Beyoncé's moral responsibility to tell her consumers before their purchase that the albums they'd be receiving are unfinished and lack contents she had promised them. Even Nicki Minaj's fans knew that her latest album's vinyl versions did not include the full album, yet Beyoncé was somehow incapable of making this transparent too? She took their money, gave them an unfinished product and did not communicate this in any capacity at any point. If you don't think this exploitation and greed, then idk what to tell you.

An alternative that would only increase the environmental harms, even tho you claimed that's something Beyoncé takes into consideration. You undermined your own points.

I have no idea what Beyonce prioritizes or why she does what she does, I have no insight into her thought process, I can only speculate. I have no idea what the pros and cons are of printing additional vinyl vs printing all new vinyl, I'm sure she has a team figuring all that out, but the fact that you've gone so deep in the weeds in your attempt to deflect just shows that you have no leg to stand on re: Taylor's predatory practises.

I have no clue what this grasping at straws, nitpicking and deflecting is supposed to accomplish. First it was Billie being a hypocrite (even though some of her vinyl is sustainable and she doesn't have the leverage Taylor has) then it was Beyoncé having a different tracklist on her vinyl than her streaming version. How does all that excuse Taylor being the only one to greedily force her fans to buy more vinyl which is what Billie said in the first place? Like you can strain and gaslight and throw it to everyone else but it won't change facts.

This is a never ending argument, because these points are all correct.

Multiple variants is greedy? Yes

Multiple variants is for the numbers? Yes

Multiple variants is wasteful? Yes

Multiple variants is for the fans? Yes

Multiple variants is done by all artists? Yes

Multiple variants is for the money? Yes

Singers making music is for making money? Yes

The music industry is about making money? Yes

You can call them out for all reasons you want to have, but it's not gonna have a conclusion.

The only thing you can do is, do not buy it.

Streaming era is killing a lot of things, especially the profit for record companies and artists, so they do this is obviously for the profit, which has nothing wrong with it.

Edited by jim19911126

• ATRL Moderator

"My billionaire pop star is less greedy than yours" is quite literally the most boring form of discourse I can possibly imagine

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I have no idea what Beyonce prioritizes or why she does what she does, I have no insight into her thought process, I can only speculate.

Exactly, and that applies to everyone that isn't a hypocrite and trying to act holier than thou…

and more importantly please get help for whatever you're suffering from, because your behavior isn't healthy, hope you get better soon :heart2:

Also the illness in here of celebrating the delusion of a flash in the pan plant potentially shading a veteran that paved the way for her, when she would've been annihilated if she was implying towards any of this site's non factor blasts from the past…

I have no idea what Beyonce prioritizes or why she does what she does, I have no insight into her thought process, I can only speculate. I have no idea what the pros and cons are of printing additional vinyl vs printing all new vinyl, I'm sure she has a team figuring all that out, but the fact that you've gone so deep in the weeds in your attempt to deflect just shows that you have no leg to stand on re: Taylor's predatory practises.

The fact you have all these excuses and theories ready to excuse Beyoncé's own predatory practices, but can so definitively say that what Taylor is doing is "predatory" even tho she has never deceived her fans by selling them an unfinished album just makes you look like you have no leg to stand on. Because the facts on hand all point towards Beyoncé just being another greedy artist in an industry that encourages such behaviors.

I have no clue what this grasping at straws, nitpicking and deflecting is supposed to accomplish. First it was Billie being a hypocrite (even though some of her vinyl is sustainable and she doesn't have the leverage Taylor has) then it was Beyoncé having a different tracklist on her vinyl than her streaming version. How does all that excuse Taylor being the only one to greedily force her fans to buy more vinyl which is what Billie said in the first place? Like you can strain and gaslight and throw it to everyone else but it won't change facts.

Does Taylor hold a gun towards her fans and force them to enter their credit card information? Please explain to me how she forces anyone to buy something against their will. All she does is offer vinyl versions with exclusive materials, something that Beyoncé and Billie are both also doing. You're making up all this sh*t about grasping at straws and deflecting, when at the end of the day all three of these artists are utilizing exploitative tactics to get more sales and more money, but you only reserve your criticism for one of them.

The issue here is how you are incapable of seeing Beyoncé's behavior (selling 4 exclusive & limited vinyl editions, promising her fans contents she ultimately does not deliver, withholding tracks from her physical editions) as what it is aka greed and exploitation, but have no hesitation whatsoever to call out Taylor Swift for having her own exploitative tactics, many of which are the exact same things Beyoncé and everyone else does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

The fact you have all these excuses and theories ready to excuse Beyoncé's own predatory practices, but can so definitively say that what Taylor is doing is "predatory" even tho she has never deceived her fans by selling them an unfinished album just makes you look like you have no leg to stand on. Because the facts on hand all point towards Beyoncé just being another greedy artist in an industry that encourages such behaviors.

Does Taylor hold a gun towards her fans and force them to enter their credit card information? Please explain to me how she forces anyone to buy something against their will. All she does is offer vinyl versions with exclusive materials, something that Beyoncé and Billie are both also doing. You're making up all this sh*t about grasping at straws and deflecting, when at the end of the day all three of these artists are utilizing exploitative tactics to get more sales and more money, but you only reserve your criticism for one of them.

The issue here is how you are incapable of seeing Beyoncé's behavior (selling 4 exclusive & limited vinyl editions, promising her fans contents she ultimately does not deliver, withholding tracks from her physical editions) as what it is aka greed and exploitation, but have no hesitation whatsoever to call out Taylor Swift for having her own exploitative tactics, many of which are the exact same things Beyoncé and everyone else does.

For the thirtieth time, I have no clue what all this ranting has to do with what Billie said. Billie said veteran artists are chart and sales obsessed (Beyoncé hasn't been chart obsessed since 2008) and that artists incentivize fans to buy multiple vinyl by dripfeeding content (Beyonce didn't withhold or dripfeed anything, she was simply working on the album until the last second and possibly didn't have time to clear samples). For the thirtieth time, you can use whataboutism and deflection until the cows come home but it doesn't change reality. If you want to talk about Beyoncé not telling her fans about the album inadvertently missing tracks, you can make a new thread?

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Jay07 said:

For the thirtieth time, I have no clue what all this ranting has to do with what Billie said. Billie said veteran artists are chart and sales obsessed (Beyoncé hasn't been chart obsessed since 2008) and that artists incentivize fans to buy multiple vinyl by dripfeeding content (Beyonce didn't withhold or dripfeed anything, she was simply working on the album until the last second and possibly didn't have time to clear samples). For the thirtieth time, you can use whataboutism and deflection until the cows come home but it doesn't change reality. If you want to talk about Beyoncé not telling her fans about the album inadvertently missing tracks, you can make a new thread?

Her not telling her fans that the vinyl would be missing tracks and features that were marketed is literally her withholding information. She knew the vinyl would have shortcoming but did not communicate this.

And Beyoncé offering 4 limited editions with exclusive materials is now not chart obsession or incentives to buy multiple copies? If so, then I guess we can officially say that Taylor Swift is also not chart obsessed since she did the exact same thing as Beyoncé. If it doesn't apply to Beyoncé, it also doesn't apply to Taylor. I'm glad we can finally agree on this. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Also the illness in here of celebrating the delusion of a flash in the pan plant potentially shading a veteran that paved the way for her, when she would've been annihilated if she was implying towards any of this site's non factor blasts from the past…

A 2-time Oscar winner flash in the pan plant!

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Her not telling her fans that the vinyl would be missing tracks and features that were marketed is literally her withholding information. She knew the vinyl would have shortcoming but did not communicate this.

And Beyoncé offering 4 limited editions with exclusive materials is now not chart obsession or incentives to buy multiple copies? If so, then I guess we can officially say that Taylor Swift is also not chart obsessed since she did the exact same thing as Beyoncé. If it doesn't apply to Beyoncé, it also doesn't apply to Taylor. I'm glad we can finally agree on this. :clap3:

Beyonce offered exclusive songs on each variant? Were her variants time limited to 48 hours?

Edited by Jay07
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Jay07 said:

Beyonce offered exclusive songs on each variant? Were her variants time limited?

Didn't you just complain about whataboutism and deflection? So why participate yourself now?

Taylor and Beyoncé both have their own exploitative tactics: One offers their fans a bonus track, the other deceives their fans by withholding multiple tracks from the album and not delivering promised contents. Both utilize FOMO by emphasizing the scarcity of their product and both limit the amount of vinyl variants to 4, because that's as much as Billboard would allow.

So if Taylor is greedy, so is Beyoncé. If Beyoncé is not chart obsessed, so is Taylor.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Feanor said:

Didn't you just complain about whataboutism and deflection? So why participate yourself now?

Taylor and Beyoncé both have their own exploitative tactics: One offers their fans a bonus track, the other deceives their fans by withholding multiple tracks from the album and not delivering promised contents. Both utilize FOMO by emphasizing the scarcity of their product and both limit the amount of vinyl variants to 4, because that's as much as Billboard would allow.

So if Taylor is greedy, so is Beyoncé. If Beyoncé is not chart obsessed, so is Taylor.

So the answer to BOTH my questions is no. Thank you baby

IMG_2421.gif.b74e660a2d473375891549a4271

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

So the answer to BOTH my questions is no. Thank you baby

And your response to my statement about how Taylor and Beyoncé are BOTH greedy is a yes too then. Thank you as well baby. 

4 minutes ago, Feanor said:

And your response to my statement about how Taylor and Beyoncé are BOTH greedy is a yes too then. Thank you as well baby. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night

Just now, Jay07 said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night

Just don't forget next time you come for Taylor's variants by using Beyoncé as an example, that you agree that it's also an issue for Bey to scam the charts the same way:

On 3/28/2024 at 9:59 PM, Feanor said:

And Beyoncé, Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney all tried to scam the charts with their recent albums as well, offering multiple different vinyl versions. And all of them have been veterans longer than Taylor has. So why is it not an issue for them?

On 3/28/2024 at 10:04 PM, Jay07 said:

Who said it isn't?

9 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

But you were quoting a post about Taylor Swift. So when was the quality lacking, objectively? When she released her two most acclaimed studio albums (folklore and evermore)? When she won the most prestigious award in the music industry for a record-breaking fourth time (Midnights)? And who decides that she has nothing left to prove? What if he her goal is to become the best-selling artist of all time? 

Y'all seriously need to stop getting your panties wet over artists striving and working to be successful. 

Girl that's a Britney Spears fan. They don't know what a hard-working creative mind that is appreciated both critically and commercially is 

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

Just don't forget next time you come for Taylor's variants by using Beyoncé as an example, that you agree that it's also an issue for Bey to scam the charts the same way:

I literally explained the difference a couple posts above but I see you're experiencing convenient amnesia. Good luck with that

I appreciate you wanting to keep talking to me though. It's cute and a little desperate

5 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Please stop wasting your energy on that dumbass…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

2022:

- Renaissance exclusive vinyl

- BREAK MY SOUL

- BREAK MY SOUL (Instrumental)

- BREAK MY SOUL (Acapella)

- BREAK MY SOUL (Queens Remix)

- CUFF IT 

- CUFF IT (Instrumental)

- CUFF IT (Acapella)

- CUFF IT (Wetter Remix)

2024:

- 4 variants for COWBOY CARTER

- "Exclusive" bonus tracks promised

- 2 merch bundles

- Different covers 

Okay, girl...

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

I literally explained the difference a couple posts above but I see you're experiencing convenient amnesia. Good luck with that

I appreciate you wanting to keep talking to me though. It's cute and a little desperate

The amnesia you experienced when trying to explain how Beyoncé offering her album in 4 vinyl variants, on top of multiple boxsets and CD editions, did not have the intent of boosting her sales? Given the fact how you already stated that veteran artists like Beyoncé scamming the charts is an issue, I can understand why such an explanation doesn't exist.

10 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Yeah, if your goal is still to sell the most after being a billionaire, that's called greed. It's exactly what Billie is calling out.

Except you don't keep this energy for other big artists, so it's just blatant hypocrisy :skull: 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.