Breaking: Several dead in Flixbus crash in Germany

The Pop Hub

I'm travelling with FlixBus next week on a mountainous route :mazen: it won't even be a FlixBus branded bus so even scarier.

RIP to the victims.

Edited by Pendulum

6 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

I'm travelling with FlixBus next week on a mountainous route :mazen: it won't even be a FlixBus branded bus so even scarier.

RIP to the victims.

Where are you traveling to? Honestly from experiences I've heard from friends the drivers are generally driving pretty safe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Pop Hub said:

Where are you traveling to? Honestly from experiences I've heard from friends the drivers are generally driving pretty safe. 

Tirana (Albania) to Podgorica (Montenegro) :rip: Got the ticket via the FlixBus app but the bus carrier is a different company. Just read the reviews and.. well, I'm lowkey regretting it. 1.9 stars reviews on Google :suburban:

I've had my fair share with FlixBus and to be fair, FlixBus most often than not steers into the hazardous side. They need better busdrivers or at the very least, have them pass multiple controls or whatever. Most drivers are Polish and Romanian so certainly not the best drivers in Europe.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

That's not far from where I live :biblio: terrifying, I know many people who usually travel by Flixbus

15 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Tirana (Albania) to Podgorica (Montenegro) :rip: Got the ticket via the FlixBus app but the bus carrier is a different company. Just read the reviews and.. well, I'm lowkey regretting it. 1.9 stars reviews on Google :suburban:

I've had my fair share with FlixBus and to be fair, FlixBus most often than not steers into the hazardous side. They need better busdrivers or at the very least, have them pass multiple controls or whatever. Most drivers are Polish and Romanian so certainly not the best drivers in Europe.

girl.. good luck :bird:

Rip to the victims :heart:

to think i was just on one two weeks ago...

:suburban:

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

Most drivers are Polish and Romanian so certainly not the best drivers in Europe.

?

Most mountain drivers are extremely experienced and capable of handling such situations. If god forbid anything were to happen to a bus on a mountainous route it would be more so due to circumstances out of the drivers' hands than their incompetence.

First the Boeing and United problems.  Now Flexibus. The Lorde really said no to travel this year.  

Edited by byzantium

that's horrible, RIP :cries:

57 minutes ago, byzantium said:

First the Boeing and United problems.  Now Flexibus. The Lorde really said no to travel this year.  

This is a single crash tho. 

Tbh I never felt very safe in a Flixbus, for various reasons and definitely not only because of the drivers. 

But they're the main reason to be worried, Flixbus pressures them with extremely tight schedules so that sometimes they can't even take breaks. Plus there are thousands of reports of either passengers or other motorists seeing the drivers on their phones while driving amongst other things. 

There have been quite a few deadly Flixbus accidents in recent years too...the quality of their service might differ from country to country though.

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

not the 1.9 stars sdjfisfkfs

I travel by bus all the time cause im scared of flying and i hate how they dont have seabelts.  
Can seatbelts help in a situation like this? :gaycat4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

2 hours ago, byzantium said:

Honestly Flixbus has had issues since inception 

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

This is a single crash tho. 

Well let's keep it that way! 

Oh no, that's awful! Hoping that the rest of the passengers makes it through. 

I agree with many of you guys here, Flixbus doesn't always feel safe. I'm luckily able to afford taking the train which is the safest way to travel in general I think. Flixbus even has some trains in Germany which is cool. 

I've used Flixbus so much... although when I used it in the Baltic countries it was scary.

anyway RIP :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.