Is Jennifer Lopez' huge impact underrated on ATRL?

BrandNewBrandon

BrandNewBrandon

Whenever you post an image from Google Images it is directly influenced by Jennifer Lopez and even Google has acknowledged it. The nickname "J.Lo" is directly the reason why we have J.Law, R.Pattz, LiLo, K.Stew, K.Fed etc. 

And then there's the couple names. During J.Lo's popularity peak in 2003 when she was dating Ben Affleck couple names were largely unheard of until we got "Bennifer". Then came Brangelina and the rest. 

Is ATRL a bit too harsh on the J.Lo hate? She's mega impactful in pop culture. 

Discuss and keep it cute. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon
  • Like 3

Why give haters another platform to trash her :biblio: Also this is a base topic

yes she ruined ATRL banners and now poor Ariana is stuck in that tiny ass logo

• Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 2

j lo's pr team still going strong on the atrl promo this era i see…

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Eh.

She's a gifted performer, a smart businesswoman, and has a serviceable voice for her brand of pop music.

That she elicits such strong reactions — love or hate, dialed up to 11 — is strange to me.

She has had significant impact in pop culture, but to see the reverse-Halo effect unfold on her — i.e., the insistence that she's uniquely awful because of her limited talents — is strange. At  most, a lot of her work is forgettable, but her presence is not.

• Like 2

Nobody is arguing her impact on initial and two letters as a go to name for celebrities.

We know she is a trendsetter when it comes to naming conventions.

Unfortunately her music output does not match her impact with nicknames.

She released her first album nearly 25 years ago and her had 10 years since her last release to make a good album with many delays and yet the only people who like it are her bias fans. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her impact is overrated though :suburban:

• Thumbs Down 1

Her impact on the block is underrated!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

xtiliyan

It just the Mooriah fans that makes the noise. They mad bc JLo left much bigger mark in the industry than Mooriah ever will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

She's Latina what what do you think that means on ATRL

• Thanks 2

yes. 

the woman's achievements speak for themselves but OF COURSE the obsessed lambs and shakira stans and the uneducated gen Z won't accept it.

the fact that they keep trying to tear her down but she keeps on winning in real life is a testament in itself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She has zero impact 

• Thumbs Down 2

She did a lot for the visibility of Latinas in Hollywood in the 90s and 2000s. Eva Longoria, Selena Gomez and others wouldn't have the careers they have without her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

None of the things op mentioned are related to music though. She's a huge celebrity with tons of bops and talent but I wouldn't necessarily call her an artist.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her perfume was massive too and later every major celeb had their own fragrance. 

2 hours ago, MatiRod said:

She did a lot for the visibility of Latinas in Hollywood in the 90s and 2000s. Eva Longoria, Selena Gomez and others wouldn't have the careers they have without her.

Also the George Lopez show.

• Like 2

These superfluous achievements, about as substantive as the merits of her talent. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

JLo is a trailblazer who broke a lot of barriers for latino people in entertainment. It's really weird and sus how y'all try so hard to negate her obvious impact.

• Like 5

yeah, she showed us that being mediocre can also give you a career

• Haha 2

- Tech perv wanting to see bewbs

- Having a nickname

- Dating Ben

?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952c1i505euib7ggnqlk

I'd add: She broke barriers for Latin American artists/actors/performers & is probably my earliest memory of mass societal booty infatuation. 

Edited by FOCK

JLo put booty on the map. All the bottoms should be appreciative. 

In the 2000s she was very successful in music and movies, simultaneously. That and her brand business ventures are common now, but back then it was her at the forefront.

• Thanks 1

I think she's simultaneously overrated and underrated. She doesn't deserve the hate train and she has opened doors for Latinas in showbusiness but at the same time she's kind of mid in acting and especially music and is so famous and succesful for...? Being around and looking hot I guess. It's crazy that after all these years she doesn't have one top to bottom great album and hasn't had a great movie past the 90s (Out of Sight). She really should have worked on her craft instead of doing 100 different things at the same time.

It is. :giraffe:

You bottoms need to appreciate an icon like her more

Haven't you had enough? 

:suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.