Biden agrees to ban LGBTQ+ Pride flags at US embassies in deal

She-Rah

The way the Republicans dog walked him and always get what they want. Spineless pos

Why does a US embassy in a foreign country need to be waving a pride flag? A ban seems unnecessary but is such a non-issue.

• Thanks 11
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Domination said:

Why does a US embassy in a foreign country need to be waving a pride flag? A ban seems unnecessary but is such a non-issue.

why does it have to be a deciding factor to begin with? biden is trash for giving in

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

This is the clown y'all voted for?

• Thumbs Down 6

• ATRL Administrator
9 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it's another example of Biden caving to Republican demands.

The republicans control the purse strings of the government. Is flying a pride flag a huge issue? No. But it was a trap they laid to get him to reject the spending bill and he didn’t fall for it. But yes, let us liberals be mad at Biden for not letting the GOP hold the government hostage and shut it down over a rainbow flag. OMG the horror. I can’t believe he’s POTUS. Evil man! Fickle! Weak! 🙄

• Like 13

• ATRL Administrator
Just now, Tusk said:

This is what is included in the spending bill but ya'll rather have flags.

The bill is also expected to include 12,000 new special immigrant visas for Afghan allies and a one-year extension of international HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.

:clap3:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The bill is also expected to include 12,000 new special immigrant visas for Afghan allies and a one-year extension of international HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The republicans control the purse strings of the government. Is flying a pride flag a huge issue? No. But it was a trap they laid to get him to reject the spending bill and he didn't fall for it. But yes, let us liberals be mad at Biden for not letting the GOP hold the government hostage and shut it down over a rainbow flag. OMG the horror. I can't believe he's POTUS. Evil man! Fickle! Weak! 🙄

Yall realize pride flags and AIDS prevention aren't mutually exclusive right?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Which would you rather have?

That's government right now. Choose your battle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Administrator
2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’d love to visit the world you live in where things are not a binary choice as a result of the way things are. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Domination said:

I mean, this is a reasonable post, but I also have a sneaky suspicion many of the usual characters who are mysteriously absent would have flooded this thread in 2.5 seconds if this was at the bequest of a Muslim-majority country and talking about how Western values are being destroyed by the radical left if any leftist European leader did this.

giphy.thumb.gif.1ddb87cdc3199a62c3e47dae

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'd love to visit the world you live in where things are not a binary choice as a result of the way things are. 

The White House will still support Pride Month without the ideology.  This was not a vindictive decision that people want to make it out to be. 

24 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Exactly!

Stop giving in to Republicans demands. It's not just 'small stuff' that doesn't matter.
Conservatives chip away at the edges! This is what they do!

They just keep winning these 'small' victories that 'don't matter' until they are in a position to take everything. For ****'s sake, we shouldn't give them ANY ground, especially not when it results in throwing a marginalized group under the bus.

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

I mean, this is a reasonable post, but I also have a sneaky suspicion many of the usual characters who are mysteriously absent would have flooded this thread in 2.5 seconds if this was at the bequest of a Muslim-majority country and talking about how Western values are being destroyed by the radical left if any leftist European leader did this.

giphy.thumb.gif.1ddb87cdc3199a62c3e47dae

Exactly and an example of the hypocrisy is displayed in 4K in the OP but they will feign blindness because it doesn't align with their agenda. :rip:

Not like liberals pandering with a flag is anything to write home about, but even then they're willing to throw that under the bus if it means they get to defend their blue MAGA president as if he's their cult leader. 

• Thanks 1

Lmaooo what 

These completely unrelated things being in the same bills is so goddamn stupid. Another abhorrent feature of the American system.

• Like 1

I'm personally not really a fan of foreign embassies flying pride flags, especially in homophobic countries. It almost always leads to a crackdown on the local queer community and a new wave of hatred, they take down the flags, and go *crickets*. Not really a good way to "show support <3" imo and they can keep it.

Not really shocked at this "deal" though. Watching the Biden cult perform mental gymnastics is hilarious. :toofunny2:

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 5

Truly this is like an episode of Veep

like there is a literally a plot point where Selina give back Tibet and also repeal gay marriage bc she's so desperate to be reelected, no?

Can't fly rainbow flag in Russia anymore or they would consider that as a terrorist attack in their land

2 hours ago, Domination said:

I mean cause Gay people exist in other countries other than the U.S. :ahh:

Regardless of religious beliefs or whatever pseudoscience your country believes in, it's just a representation of their existence. That's it lmao.

Edited by cuteboyzay

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it's another example of Biden caving to Republican demands.

Well, yes, it is called compromise. When you have a party like the GOP in charge of one of the chambers of Congress, you have to make concessions. This was so that the gov't could continue to stay open and function and to avoid MILLIONS of people suffering from what would happen if the gov't shut down. If foreign countries can not fly a piece of cloth in exchange for keeping millions of Americans safe from a gov't shut down, I am willing to accept it no matter how stupid it is.

Until the GOP dies or is voted out, we will have to continue to compromise with these terrorists. But yeah, let us go with the leftist point of view and just let these people take over the entire gov't. :deadbanana: 

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm personally not really a fan of foreign embassies flying pride flags, especially in homophobic countries. It almost always leads to a crackdown on the local queer community and a new wave of hatred, they take down the flags, and go *crickets*. Not really a good way to "show support <3" imo and they can keep it.

Not really shocked at this "deal" though. Watching the Biden cult perform mental gymnastics is hilarious. :toofunny2:

Those gymnastics in question being compromising so millions of Americans will not suffer. :deadbanana: You guys are so bad at understanding the gov't.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 2

The blue cult told me that I needed to support Biden to protect our rights.  Well, he has so far been perfectly fine with the genocide of Muslims and banning the flying of the pride flag.  It's pretty clear that unless you are a wealthy straight cis white man, he will happily compromise your rights. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.