• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty when I cry ,pity you don't want me
Pretty in this light glitter fallin' off me

govhookery-stan-twitter.gif

• Like 1

The interludes could so easily flow into the next song if they didn't leave like an unnecessary 3 seconds of silence at the end??

• Like 4

This would've been a pretty decent rollout in my opinion:

I Luv It - First radio single - March 22nd.

BOAT - Promo single - March 28th (premiered on Zane Lowe radio).

Hot Uptown - Second radio single - May 03rd (8 weeks before album release).

Chanel No.5 - Promo single - June 21st.

3rd radio single maybe from the deluxe.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

This album just keeps getting better and better :jonny6:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

This would've been a pretty decent rollout in my opinion:

I Luv It - First radio single - March 22nd.

BOAT - Promo single - March 28th (premiered on Zane Lowe radio).

Hot Uptown - Second radio single - May 03rd (8 weeks before album release).

Chanel No.5 - Promo single - June 21st.

3rd radio single maybe from the deluxe.

It was so easy. He knows destroyed everything.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hope Camila just goes the Carly Rae direction after this, not in terms of sound, but not chasing success. I fear this is just the start of her artistry :jonny: 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lustforyou said:

I'm probably about to majorly overshare lol, but I really love this album and it's made me a full Camila stan after always just kinda casually checking her stuff out

It's the perfect breakup & moving on album in my opinion. It's not the deepest with the most cutting lyrics, but it *feels* the best if that makes sense

I recently finally officially ended things with my first/only (toxic) boyfriend after being off and on for over a year (lmao) since he's moving across the country. The first time was last summer right around GUTS, and honestly that probably is a better album than CXOXO. But it just felt some combo of too depressing/needy/angry for how I felt.

And then we split up again the week Eternal Sunshine came out and reconnected a week after TTPD. Again, those are both amazing albums, but Eternal Sunshine's songs felt too…real? Or maybe just heavy? Idk, even the happier songs just felt like they had a dark and depressing undertone. Then TTPD reallyyyy described my entanglement lol, but listening to it on repeat just sunk me deeper into feeling crazy/distraught/sad

CXOXO feels perfect because it's not too long, it's not too angry (because I'm not even angry in the breakup), it's not too so serious that it's depressing, but it still leaves room for the sad and wistful feelings of what could've been, but with the more upbeat and flirty/optimistic songs that remind you that being single can be a lot of fun too. But it doesn't overly glamorize it like the breakup was nothing and youre so glad to be single.

It's the balance between BOAT's lyrics with the party sample, Chanel No 5 about being "competition" with another girl but still knowing youre "better" but not even in a cocky way, June Gloom about the push and pull of a dying relationship and unable to let go, being sad about it ending, and yet, kind of accepting of it ending? And the outro is dark while also sounding a little optimistic for the future

Anyways, I'm not sure if that rambling made sense or if anyone even cares lol, but all of that to say, I love the album, it's perfect for this era of my life, and I'm a full Camila fan now. I even bought it on vinyl and I've never bought a vinyl before, but I love the Target cover 

So cool to read stuff like this. Also very relatable.

The album did something to me in that aspect too. I'm still recovering from something that happened a while ago and seeing Camila struggling with that after a certain amount of time is kinda relieving, empowering and also hopeful. 
It's that kind of album for sure. I hope that someday you can find closure with this album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willmcclure9 said:

I hope Camila just goes the Carly Rae direction after this, not in terms of sound, but not chasing success. I fear this is just the start of her artistry :jonny: 

I would love that for her. Carly's artistry is a one of a kind. 

I hope Camila reaches that too. After hearing the podcast interview, she seems really confident about herself as an artist, finally. She knows what she brings to the table and is very proud of her songwriting skills. She also made very clear that she is not interested on doing generic and conventional types of songs.

She's more into doing weird experimental stuff and also loves to write songs using autotune, because it gives her freedom to freestyle and create more strong and melodic songs. It was very interesting to hear her artistic vision and I feel that she's creating a space for finally be respected and admired.

Edited by vinicius

2 minutes ago, vinicius said:

I would love that for her. Carly's artistry is a one of a kind. 

I hope Camila reaches that too. After hearing the podcast interview, she seems really confident about herself as an artist, finally. She knows what she brings to the table and is very proud of her songwriting skills. She also made very clear that she is not interested on doing generic and conventional types of songs.

She's more into doing weird experimental stuff and also loves to write songs using autotune, because it gives her freedom to freestyle and create more strong and melodic songs. It was very interesting to hear her artistic vision and I feel that she's creating a space for finally be respected and admired.

Agree, as much as I love Camila and Romance, they're obviously writing camp style pop albums, which I have nothing against. But I much prefer albums that are made with the intention of being a full body of work with limited collaborators. Music > Bling as some say

• Like 2

Hot Uptown is gonna plummet down the charts tonight if it doesn't get added to TTH 

I dumped someone this week and listening to BOAT just feels like it's addressed directly to me :dancehall3:

still so good tho

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

she's still making serve after serve and LOOKING AMAZING every single time we spot her

• Like 1

How has Hot Uptown been holding so far? and any updated prediction for the album on Billboard?

1 hour ago, laqqinq said:

How has Hot Uptown been holding so far? and any updated prediction for the album on Billboard?

It is predicted to go number 1 in my mind

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.