Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Solarie said:

Yeah, BOAT can follow Hot Uptown. 

HU is starting to catching on to people and so far looks promising. She'd have to be stupid to scrap it, when it's the best chance to have a hit this era and to save the album. More than that, she should up the promo - the video needs to be ready with or without Drake, and playlisting on Spotify should be a MUST for her team.

Hot Uptown is also better for the summer.

She could release BOAT in like October or November. And if Hot Uptown does well on the radio, they will be more inclined to play it's follow-up single next.

!!! Yeah the video needs to be out by mid month if they truly wanna keep the hype train rolling. Even if he doesn't wanna do it, there's plenty of ways to do it without him.

Plus the playlisting needs to be Sabrina-level aggressive on all platforms. I want people to be listening to Gregorian chant music on auto play, then out of nowhere WHEN ITS HOT UPTOWN AND YOU MISS MY LOVE starts blaring in their eardrums. That is the level of obnoxious promotion we need rn tbh lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RihannaStan4LIFE said:

!!! Yeah the video needs to be out by mid month if they truly wanna keep the hype train rolling. Even if he doesn't wanna do it, there's plenty of ways to do it without him.

Plus the playlisting needs to be Sabrina-level aggressive on all platforms. I want people to be listening to Gregorian chant music on auto play, then out of nowhere WHEN ITS HOT UPTOWN AND YOU MISS MY LOVE starts blaring in their eardrums. That is the level of obnoxious promotion we need rn tbh lol

Why do you think he wouldn't want to do the video? I think it would be difficult to do it without him because the song is basically a back and forth duet. Even Playboi Carti agreed to do a video so I would be very surprised if Drake doesn't show up. He also kind of owes her for ruining the original rollout with the Kendrick beef lol

1 hour ago, vinicius said:

This podcast episode was awesome.

She mentioned "Baby Pink". It's coming!!!

very good interview.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 3:44 PM, Golden Hour said:

I wonder if the deluxe is going to be pushed this week or not.  @JustLikeMagic@RideOrDie do either of you know?

later, happy she confirmed "baby pink" today btw! its a really good song :hippo:

• Thanks 2

Regarding a music video for hot uptown, I never saw or received information that there was a video ready for this song, this is why a music video for "chanel no.5" was released the week of the album :rip:

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JustLikeMagic said:

later, happy she confirmed "baby pink" today btw! its a really good song :hippo:

can you confirm if it's the "you can't control your mind" song, please? 🥹

14 minutes ago, JustLikeMagic said:

Regarding a music video for hot uptown, I never saw or received information that there was a video ready for this song, this is why a music video for "chanel no.5" was released the week of the album :rip:

Interesting... this will be her first radio single without a music video 🫠 then why push it? Hopefully there is still a possibility they will film it now in the summer... Turks part 2 maybe? 💃

20 minutes ago, JustLikeMagic said:

? where

My friend convinced me to give this another listen, so I did,

still cringy and not good

:rip:

• Thumbs Down 14

1 hour ago, Kern said:

He Knows kinda best song on the album 

Sorry but Lil Nas really killed/cheapened that song for me. One of the reviews said it best, he's too boisterous on the song vocally and his verse really paled in comparison to Camila's opening verse. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Venom said:

I could be wrong but wasn't Havana taking off on radio months before it had a music video? 

Yeah Havana became an official radio single in September 2017. But it had a vertical video, playlisting and performances on Fallon, Elvis Duran, Today Show etc. prior to the music video. So it was being pushed as well as just generally being loved by the GP. Hot Uptown doesn't have any of these.

• Thanks 1

Is there not a Hot 100 prediction for Hot Uptown??

Spoiler

Our biggest chart entry this era is a Top 90 song :rip: and we're going to debut Top 20 on the BB200 :deadbanana2:

Edited by Boysdontcry

2 hours ago, HarleyWin said:

Interesting... this will be her first radio single without a music video 🫠 then why push it? Hopefully there is still a possibility they will film it now in the summer... Turks part 2 maybe? 💃

Muppets video incoming

I'm probably about to majorly overshare lol, but I really love this album and it's made me a full Camila stan after always just kinda casually checking her stuff out

It's the perfect breakup & moving on album in my opinion. It's not the deepest with the most cutting lyrics, but it *feels* the best if that makes sense

I recently finally officially ended things with my first/only (toxic) boyfriend after being off and on for over a year (lmao) since he's moving across the country. The first time was last summer right around GUTS, and honestly that probably is a better album than CXOXO. But it just felt some combo of too depressing/needy/angry for how I felt.

And then we split up again the week Eternal Sunshine came out and reconnected a week after TTPD. Again, those are both amazing albums, but Eternal Sunshine's songs felt too…real? Or maybe just heavy? Idk, even the happier songs just felt like they had a dark and depressing undertone. Then TTPD reallyyyy described my entanglement lol, but listening to it on repeat just sunk me deeper into feeling crazy/distraught/sad

CXOXO feels perfect because it's not too long, it's not too angry (because I'm not even angry in the breakup), it's not too so serious that it's depressing, but it still leaves room for the sad and wistful feelings of what could've been, but with the more upbeat and flirty/optimistic songs that remind you that being single can be a lot of fun too. But it doesn't overly glamorize it like the breakup was nothing and youre so glad to be single.

It's the balance between BOAT's lyrics with the party sample, Chanel No 5 about being "competition" with another girl but still knowing youre "better" but not even in a cocky way, June Gloom about the push and pull of a dying relationship and unable to let go, being sad about it ending, and yet, kind of accepting of it ending? And the outro is dark while also sounding a little optimistic for the future

Anyways, I'm not sure if that rambling made sense or if anyone even cares lol, but all of that to say, I love the album, it's perfect for this era of my life, and I'm a full Camila fan now. I even bought it on vinyl and I've never bought a vinyl before, but I love the Target cover 

Edited by lustforyou
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, vinicius said:

This podcast episode was awesome.

She mentioned "Baby Pink". It's coming!!!

listening to this now:fan2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.