Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

1 minute ago, liquiddiamonds said:

City Girls aside (because they're pure Miami) I don't understand why she chose some of the features for this. It's a miami, so a latin name should've been there. Had she swap Drake for Bad Bunny or Rauw and the conversation would be different. Switch Carti's stupid mumbling for Tokischa and then we're talking. Afroamericans don't check her like that, especially after the Normani thing. She should've tapped into her more edgy and experimental side, but kept her foot in the latin market with more adventurous latin artists. She already had El Guincho on the ticket

This album is inspired by hip-hop music she was listening to when she was living in Miami. Not necessarily music from Miami itself 

• Like 2

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a shoutout to Eem Triplin in the artist collab section of the thank you notes in the CD... was Golden Hour correct all along? :gaycat3:

She also mentions the outro for GODSPEED in the thank you section. It's coming. :duca: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kern said:

Overall I could not care less about sales and streams but the critical reception do bother me because I think this album deserves more credit for experimenting and trying something new. I actually think 6.9 is very fair score for the album because of the messy tracklist and shortness but nothing lower than that. I like when singers switch things up and try exploring something new and go a little wild and that's why for me this album is a banger and the visual style of it is also perfect. ‚I Luv It' ‚He Knows' and ‚B.O.A.T' remains the best

i agree with this - it should be getting 7s and 8s imo -  tho i have always thought that 6.9 is the most meanspirited p4k score because there's nothing stopping them giving it a 7, they know it looks better and they just don't like her (editors make the final decision on the 0.1s and stuff, the writer will have given it 7).

also agree about the messiness, there is a sense of her not quite pulling everything together perfectly. another eg was in the glastonbury set, where there was interlude for a few minutes that started off with some fun choreo and then just went weird, where camila wasn't even on stage and she just had bmxes riding about to drake doing his bit on the backing track. it's like she's got all the pieces but they're not always quite in the right order.

• Like 2

So we have:

• Can Friends Kiss
  • Baby Pink (full pink xoxo song, 2:32, features PinkPantheress)
  • SUPERMOON
  • GODSPEED
  • Kuki(?) Freestyle

and maybe Real Life Angels, which could just be GODSPEED? I feel like BLP might be on a song on the deluxe as well, would make his interlude make a little more sense on the album. If we get all 5 the deluxe is 19 songs :duca: 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

There's a shoutout to Eem Triplin in the artist collab section of the thank you notes in the CD... was Golden Hour correct all along? :gaycat3:

She also mentions the outro for GODSPEED in the thank you section. It's coming. :duca: 

:wave2:

33 minutes ago, Kern said:

This album is inspired by hip-hop music she was listening to when she was living in Miami. Not necessarily music from Miami itself 

pinkpanthress, the hip hop act of Camila's youth

1 minute ago, AlleeX said:

pinkpanthress, the hip hop act of Camila's youth

God forbid one of the seven featured artists isn't a rapper. 85% of the featured artists being Hip Hop related still makes it a Hip Hop feature heavy album. :angelo:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

God forbid one of the seven featured artists isn't a rapper. 85% of the featured artists being Hip Hop related still makes it a Hip Hop feature heavy album. :angelo:

None of the features have anything to do with Miami apart from City Girls (which is the only reasonable and decent collab). Everyone else was selected based on 'who can give us the most clout'. She literally ruined the first two singles with collabs that make 0 sense. They're reaping what they sow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

None of the features have anything to do with Miami apart from City Girls (which is the only reasonable and decent collab). Everyone else was selected based on 'who can give us the most clout'. She literally ruined the first two singles with collabs that make 0 sense. They're reaping what they sow.

BLP Kosher is from Florida :toofunny3: but either way, she never said "this is gonna feature Miami artists only" :dies:  - this is an album inspired by her time in Miami and probably heavily influenced by her time there as an adult given the lyrical content of the album. Sure, Bad Bunny or another Latin artist would have been a cool feature but at the end of the day this is her interpretation of life in Miami as a twentysomething (available here btw, pls stream :heart2:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlleeX said:

With 4x the monthly listeners, and I bet at least that if not bigger playlisting difference, it is comparable.

If we put Dua in the equation, she's an even bigger flop than the both of them, but we gotta give her the fact that it's a shorter album with no features, which always affects first day streams.

Come back when anything from Normani's album reaches I LUV IT's numbers and then we'll talk. Oh nothing will? We we already knew that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

BLP Kosher is from Florida :toofunny3: but either way, she never said "this is gonna feature Miami artists only" :dies:  - this is an album inspired by her time in Miami and probably heavily influenced by her time there as an adult given the lyrical content of the album. Sure, Bad Bunny or another Latin artist would have been a cool feature but at the end of the day this is her interpretation of life in Miami as a twentysomething (available here btw, pls stream :heart2:)

Branding an album where she basically emulates everything everyone's been doing as a "my growing up story" tells a lot about how much she has to offer as an artist - very little. Again, the music is ok, mid at best but the public has spoken.

16 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Come back when anything from Normani's album reaches I LUV IT's numbers and then we'll talk. Oh nothing will? We we already knew that.

My bad comparing an artist that is getting the biggest possible pop-star level push, and an artist who's delayed an album for years and dropped a full r&b project. Normani is a forgotten name by now so honestly flexing around with I luv it's numbers is tragic :( i mean, again, i'm glad the people have spoken. 2024 so far is all about authenticity, character, charisma when it comes to pop/music of the moment. And camilla is failing on that test, showing that she was never worthy of the push and some hits that she's been given. but ok, the reality is going to keep proving a point to y'all :(

• Thumbs Down 5

6 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

Branding an album where she basically emulates everything everyone's been doing as a "my growing up story" tells a lot about how much she has to offer as an artist - very little. Again, the music is ok, mid at best but the public has spoken.

My bad comparing an artist that is getting the biggest possible pop-star level push, and an artist who's delayed an album for years and dropped a full r&b project. Normani is a forgotten name by now so honestly flexing around with I luv it's numbers is tragic :( i mean, again, i'm glad the people have spoken. 2024 so far is all about authenticity, character, charisma when it comes to pop/music of the moment. And camilla is failing on that test, showing that she was never worthy of the push and some hits that she's been given. but ok, the reality is going to keep proving a point to y'all :(

spacer.png

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

the biggest possible pop-star level push???  :deadbanana2:

She doesn't even have any songs on Spotify TTH during her week of release :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

Not one part of this album has been branded as her growing up story :dies: if anything that would've been Familia (and it still wasn't). It's been time and time again dubbed a love letter to Miami. God forbid she has a different experience in a city than whatever you think is the universal one :sosad: - anyway for someone who seems to hate her so much, you sure do love popping up in her album thread. 

• Like 2

Maybe BLP is the rapper heard in the Real Life Angels/GODSPEED snippet? 

Also I hope she just drops the deluxe on Monday or something to secure a top 10 debut, even though she doesn't really seem to care about playing the game anymore. 

2 minutes ago, BlahBlahBlah said:

Maybe BLP is the rapper heard in the Real Life Angels/GODSPEED snippet? 

Also I hope she just drops the deluxe on Monday or something to secure a top 10 debut, even though she doesn't really seem to care about playing the game anymore. 

Was thinking the same. 

1 minute ago, Golden Hour said:

Not one part of this album has been branded as her growing up story :dies: if anything that would've been Familia (and it still wasn't). It's been time and time again dubbed a love letter to Miami. God forbid she has a different experience in a city than whatever you think is the universal one :sosad: - anyway for someone who seems to hate her so much, you sure do love popping up in her album thread. 

I don't hate mediocre people. I'm just stunned at what people see in her - one of, if not the weakest (well Ava Max exists so no) acts to ever exists. I'm literally stunned how someone with 0 charisma and 0 uniqueness finds a way to resonate with someone. I'm prob just overestimating people in general :swing: 

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

I don't hate mediocre people. I'm just stunned at what people see in her - one of, if not the weakest (well Ava Max exists so no) acts to ever exists. I'm literally stunned how someone with 0 charisma and 0 uniqueness finds a way to resonate with someone. I'm prob just overestimating people in general :swing: 

Yet here you are posted up in her album thread. It's kinda sad actually.

2 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Yet here you are posted up in her album thread. It's kinda sad actually.

Well, it's a new album release that was hyped throughout every entertainment/media outlet i follow, and dubbed as something revolutionary. of course i follow, and feel good about how things are turning out.

• Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

To say she has no charisma is rich. She's always had a magnetic personality and it's the reason she was able to break out of 5H successfully. There's plenty to like about her as a person and she makes solid pop music with a latin flair that a lot of people like, it's not that serious. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

Well, it's a new album release that was hyped throughout every entertainment/media outlet i follow, and dubbed as something revolutionary. of course i follow, and feel good about how things are turning out.

Still sad to be posted up somewhere just to be miserable. Find something to enjoy, life is more fun that way. :date:

5 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Still sad to be posted up somewhere just to be miserable. Find something to enjoy, life is more fun that way. :date:

To think I can't say something negative without feeling miserable says a lot about you. It's really not that serious, I just happen to dislike the artist you stan. Jumping off so y'all can have a pity party and have the most sleazy & ridiculed rapper of the moment trying to save your girl's career. :heart: 

Edited by AlleeX
typo and a missed word
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.