Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

3 hours ago, Flare said:

I feel like people owe you an apology. Your negativity this whole era was actually from a good place of concern. :deadbanana4:

what a joke :ahh: 

In every single era he's rarely ever said anything positive about any song, album, Camila or anything she does. He's only here for numbers and doesn't talk about how great her music is

Edited by istersay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

also, i was semi worried her glasto crowd wouldn't of been big - yeah she's semi big in the UK but she's not really a festival girl so i'm so happy so many people turned up to her set :heart2:

she's also SO good at interacting with a crowd and getting them hyped throughout a show.. i can't wait for her to go on tour again

• Like 7

The numbers are bad, but the album is still good. I hope she releases the deluxe soon, I really want the Can Friends Kiss (Like This) song. 

• Like 4

"Imagine only 2 songs pulled 1M streams on your album, and you're essentially a feature on one of them, and you don't even sing a single note on the other one."

This comment on the other topic got me thinkin that if it weren't for drake we would have had dopamine's numbers

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, luanziie said:

"Imagine only 2 songs pulled 1M streams on your album, and you're essentially a feature on one of them, and you don't even sing a single note on the other one."

This comment on the other topic got me thinkin that if it weren't for drake we would have had dopamine's numbers

I get what you mean but the album rollout would have been completely different if they weren't banking on HOT UPTOWN before the Drake beef.. if the song didn't exist, maybe I LUV IT would have been sent to radio and become the true hit it deserved to be, meaning the album would have been bigger

The messy album rollout is one of the main reasons why we're at where we're at but it is what it is 

I still think these numbers are decent considering we have no hit from the album 

• Like 2

I love DCD and some of the production on the album. The interludes are great but Dream Girls and the ballads (besides B.O.A.T) do not match the album. The beats on Dream Girls might give Miami but sonically clash with the rest of the album. Interludes should have been made into full songs, they have the best production on the album.

Uugly and Hot Uptown are not great. Drake does nothing for both songs.

Edited by Phaunzie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Camila's familia album wasn't successful, it just had the hit bam bam.so camila's downfall now isn't that big and it's not really shocking cause we know that she didn't score a hit song this time.Dua's downfall is big. From the huge successful future nostalgia and 'Dance The Night' to Radical Optimism! A huge decline. But of course Dua gets a pass.

1 hour ago, crymelanie said:

Yall crying and i love to see it :bibliahh: 

She is in her Dawn FM, the flop of her era is not affecting the power of her brand as an artist as we saw yesterday and her tour dates.

With Camila it's different because her brand is very deteriorated, names like DISCLOSURE or Doja Cat now weigh more than hers as we see in the festivals line up.  :chick3: 

I keep insisting that she needs to do a proper tour, who cares if it's not in arenas. 

She needs to revive her brand as a performer, festivals are doing their thing but it's not enough  :duck:

• Like 2

So, 6.5m WW of songs that are listed under the "Camila Cabello" as an artist on this album. Well, everyone in their right mind knew that she can't get away with ripping off everyone and everything.

I mean, it's quite sad. And she is absolutely everywhere with the promo.

The fact that NORMANI did technically very similar numbers is so funny to me. And they are really non-comparable in the budget/popularity sense. Karma's a B-word.

• Thumbs Down 7

7 minutes ago, AlleeX said:

So, 6.5m WW of songs that are listed under the "Camila Cabello" as an artist on this album. Well, everyone in their right mind knew that she can't get away with ripping off everyone and everything.

I mean, it's quite sad. And she is absolutely everywhere with the promo.

The fact that NORMANI did technically very similar numbers is so funny to me. And they are really non-comparable in the budget/popularity sense. Karma's a B-word.

Didn't know 6.5m WW was comparable to 2.8m WW

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, sangi said:

Didn't know 6.5m WW was comparable to 2.8m WW

With 4x the monthly listeners, and I bet at least that if not bigger playlisting difference, it is comparable.

If we put Dua in the equation, she's an even bigger flop than the both of them, but we gotta give her the fact that it's a shorter album with no features, which always affects first day streams.

• Thumbs Down 3

17 minutes ago, dillan said:

June Gloom full performance 

thank you I love that song so much

what a great crowd turned out for her:wave2:

ezgif-7-66a65dcbfa.gif

Edited by istersay

Overall I could not care less about sales and streams but the critical reception do bother me because I think this album deserves more credit for experimenting and trying something new. I actually think 6.9 is very fair score for the album because of the messy tracklist and shortness but nothing lower than that. I like when singers switch things up and try exploring something new and go a little wild and that's why for me this album is a banger and the visual style of it is also perfect. ‚I Luv It' ‚He Knows' and ‚B.O.A.T' remains the best

• Like 4

It's just the case that she's not currently commercial and succesful, nor critically acclaimed. And she's kinda right now in the middle, but it should change with next album. Is it her transitioning era for reinventing herself happening right now? Is it long term plan? I hope so, but I also hope she can be successful doing what she wants to do 

• Thanks 1

City Girls aside (because they're pure Miami) I don't understand why she chose some of the features for this. It's miami/spring breakers vibe, so a latin name should've been there. Had she swap Drake for Bad Bunny or Rauw the conversation would've been different. Switch Carti's stupid mumbling for Tokischa and then we're talking. Afroamericans don't check her like that, especially after the Normani thing. She should've tapped into her more edgy and experimental side, but kept her foot in the latin market with more adventurous latin artists. She already had El Guincho on the ticket

Edited by liquiddiamonds

A month until Rob Peace is released, she might be doing promo for that also in early August and can talk about the album in interviews also

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.