Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

Messy and disjointed album. It has a few cute moments but that's about it, I feel like it adds absolutely nothing to her career.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

This was surprisingly delightful, and VERY ambitious for a commercially mainstream pop singer. Not everything landed easy on my ears, but there's a lot of really great ideas in here and I truly enjoyed a good chunk of the songs on this album. It was creative and unique and fresh in a way I never really expected her to be capable of.

i'll have to sit with it for a bit longer to see how I feel over time, but as of now I'm thoroughly impressed. If I had to score it just from a first listen through I'd probably give it like a 74/100. (For me this is really good, I promise lol)

The scream I just let out:deadbanana4:

The only thing negative about this album is the messy and confusing track list order. I don't know what she was thinking.

And also it really bothers me that she started the era teasing two snippets that not even made it through the album? 

• Like 1

Disappointed its kinda messy. Seems no direction was the way they went. It's not terrible but it's confusing because it makes no sense. This has no hits on it either. 

8 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

This photo :WAP:

spacer.png

:bloo:

IG "when I first saw @chito.international 's work,

and saw his pretty girl Pitbull with the spikes and the lashes I knew that was Cece,
our C, XOXO mascot

i asked him to make a custom one for our album and we collabed on the hardestttttt limited edition merch w @complex @complexshop

don't be deceived by the puppy eyes and long lashes

she bites 🤭

IM
A
DOG
WOOF
WOOF
Edited · 20h"

Edited by istersay

I just think she really SHINES in the weirdest songs. Chanel, I LUV IT, Love Incredible, June Gloom, etc.

I really want her doing more weird experimental hyperpop stuff. If she releases "you can't control your mind", it will probably my favorite

Edited by vinicius
  • Like 1

It does feel like a chunk of demos thrown together but most of them work.

The last 3 songs are an unexpected slay. A bit surprised that the singles choices were correct, though.  

49 minutes ago, dinorhino said:

uuugly is not a bad song at all but i'm confused why there's a drake solo on her album lol 

lol the interview from AM she says it was the outro he sent her for Hot Uptown and then they decided to make it it's own track

The album is so good, the interludes are so unnecessary 

Chanel No.5

June Gloom

Pretty when i cry 

B.O.A.T

are my favorites 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Britneystan32 said:

Maybe this will do 5 to 10k in the USA 

Girl there's no way this is doing <15k lol 

after a few listens i think it's safe to say the last 3 tracks are the holy trinity on the album 

listened three times now, think it's a solid 8/10.

all the singles have aged great but chanel no. 5 esp is so good and still growing on me, watched a bit of the broken record interview yesterday and i can understand now why she feels like it sets the mark for the album

of the new songs, i thought dade county and june gloom were best, am least keen on dreamgirls and PWIC but i don't think either are bad at all, just aren't quite hitting right yet and will likely grow on me.

agree that the interludes are a bit pointless, would probably work better on a 40 to 45 minute record but here they feel like filler, esp the drake one which is giving 'a word from our sponsor' rather than anything connected to the rest of the album

• Like 1

such a fun pop record, loved it. 8/10

Pretty When I Cry and June Bloom goes hard, such a strong ending for the album 

Pretty must be my favorite, i'm obsessed

Twentysomethings is very old camila, nostalgic

Hot Uptown very 2016s drake, can see it being a hit 

great project!!! congrats Camila. 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.