• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also interested in how it will do compared to Normani, especially in the long run

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

The stealing of the Dua Lipa Break my Heart prechorus melody on Pink :skull:

And are you aware where did Dua's melody for that song came from? LMAO

• Like 4

Just now, Kern said:

I'm also interested in how it will do compared to Normani, especially in the long run

if we exclude the three-year-old Cardi B collab they tacked onto Dopamine, I Luv It has four times as many streams as the entire album.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kern said:

And are you aware where did Dua's melody for that song came from? LMAO

Wait, is it a sample?! :deadbanana4:

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, istersay said:

"Dua Lipa "accidentally" sampled INXS on "Break My Heart": "We didn't quite connect the dots" Hugo Comte/Warner RecordsDua Lipa's latest hit, "Break My Heart," interpolates the melody of the 1987 INXS number-one hit "Need You Tonight" — specifically, the "I should've stayed at home/cause I was doing better alone" part."

Oh. I don't mean that melody. I mean this section:

Center of attention
You know you can get whatever you want from me
Whenever you want it, baby

Sounds the same as Pink

Edited by nathanspears
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

Center of attention

Sounds the same as Pink

oh sorry, I had googled the song when you posted above and that came up, I deleted it

2 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Center of attention

Sounds the same as Pink

Oh, you're right actually then 

where are the songs she teased in the beginning of the era? two or three snippets are not on the album

I enjoyed THIS! I liked it! I loved it, I guess.

1. DREAM-GIRLS

2. B.O.A.T

3. Hot Uptown

4. Twentysomethings

5. June Gloom

6. Dade County Dreaming

7. Chanel No. 5

8. I LUV IT

9. He Knows

10. Uuugly

11. pink xoxo

12. pretty when i cry

13. koshi xoxo

14. 305tilidie

Great album but in a few tracks it did feel like she was a guest. All the guest acts have also performed very well! The koshi, 305, and Drake interludes felt a bit necessary, tbr. Also is that PinkPantheress who I can hear on pink xoxo? I know she's associated with the song but she's credited as a composer; does she have her vocals on it too? Sounded beautiful!

The Drake interlude was cool but unnecessary. The 305tilidie interlude - I forgot it was an interlude at first. It gave me vibes of a horror show where the protagonist(s) get(s) flashbacks of their old friends who never returned/talked to them again LOL.

PRODUCTION on June Gloom! :clap3: But the "does she get this wet for you, baby?" line is somewhat cringy, I must admit.

pretty when i cry is a good song but I just did not enjoy it as much, hence ranked lower. I did not vibe with He Knows at first, but in terms of the album it sounds SO GOOD! Lil Nas X killed that verse! JT & Yung Mami were TOO GOOD on DCD and I looooved Hot Uptown! Such a BOP!

Poor single choices. But the album has so much great material in it.

I wonder if we will get a music video for any of the songs or any new singles? It's pretty weird there was no music video on album release day but we'll see.

A 7.5/10 for me. :clap3:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

Those and these

spacer.png

so only supermoon and the intro which could be 305tilidie i guess

• Like 1

This was surprisingly delightful, and VERY ambitious for a commercially mainstream pop singer. Not everything landed easy on my ears, but there's a lot of really great ideas in here and I truly enjoyed a good chunk of the songs on this album. It was creative and unique and fresh in a way I never really expected her to be capable of.

i'll have to sit with it for a bit longer to see how I feel over time, but as of now I'm thoroughly impressed. If I had to score it just from a first listen through I'd probably give it like a 74/100. (For me this is really good, I promise lol)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Center of attention

Sounds the same as Pink

That part is sampled too

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

Us both scoring the album within the same 0.1 margin at about the exact same time :dies: 

• Haha 1

BOAT, Pretty When I cry and June Gloom are the best songs on the album I fear. One of those needs to be the next single. :cm: 

I still need a little more time with the other songs but its such a different sound for her. I do like that its cohesive though. 

• Like 2

Wanted this sound to be on the album tho :wanda:

• Like 1

I LOVE this album like I am not even kidding:WAP::WAP:

Sounds exactly like what the album trailer is teasing :WAP:

Really appreciate how she did not throw in a few 'Latin' songs for the sake of possibly getting a 'hit':WAP:

She really did that this time

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I listened to it last night and eeeh... ? Have to say I wasn't extremely hyped for it and only really loved "He knows" from the singles, while the others were just ok to me but far from bad. It's a conceptually very interesting album, but what it delivers is a far too chaotic mesh of sounds that sometimes kind of feel half assed and get you questioning if you're really listening to a full fledged and well realized vision or if she came to the studio and decided to put on it the first demo that came to her mind and call it "art". I get it, she wanted to be experimental, but I don't believe she broke any barrier with this. I'll agree it truly reflects her statement that "she did what she wanted" and I admire her for standing for her vision. The album will do fine because it's controversial and it found its niche, but I wish I found more artistic value in it. I sort of like the promo more ngl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exzime. said:

Those and these

spacer.png

So we have:

Can Friends Kiss

Baby Pink

God Speed

Supermoon

Salma Interlude

Kumi / Kuki ? Freestyle

and possibly more considering the photo is not showing the full board… 

• Like 3

uuugly is not a bad song at all but i'm confused why there's a drake solo on her album lol 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

I enjoyed THIS! I liked it! I loved it, I guess.

1. DREAM-GIRLS

2. B.O.A.T

3. Hot Uptown

4. Twentysomethings

5. June Gloom

6. Dade County Dreaming

7. Chanel No. 5

8. I LUV IT

9. He Knows

10. Uuugly

11. pink xoxo

12. pretty when i cry

13. koshi xoxo

14. 305tilidie

Great album but in a few tracks it did feel like she was a guest. All the guest acts have also performed very well! The koshi, 305, and Drake interludes felt a bit necessary, tbr. Also is that PinkPantheress who I can hear on pink xoxo? I know she's associated with the song but she's credited as a composer; does she have her vocals on it too? Sounded beautiful!

The Drake interlude was cool but unnecessary. The 305tilidie interlude - I forgot it was an interlude at first. It gave me vibes of a horror show where the protagonist(s) get(s) flashbacks of their old friends who never returned/talked to them again LOL.

PRODUCTION on June Gloom! :clap3: But the "does she get this wet for you, baby?" line is somewhat cringy, I must admit.

pretty when i cry is a good song but I just did not enjoy it as much, hence ranked lower. I did not vibe with He Knows at first, but in terms of the album it sounds SO GOOD! Lil Nas X killed that verse! JT & Yung Mami were TOO GOOD on DCD and I looooved Hot Uptown! Such a BOP!

Poor single choices. But the album has so much great material in it.

I wonder if we will get a music video for any of the songs or any new singles? It's pretty weird there was no music video on album release day but we'll see.

Wish the album was a bit longer, like some tracks

Global Digital Artist Ranking | 2024-06-28 07:35 EDT

Pos    P+    Artist    Points    

56    +118    Camila Cabello 704 :gaycat2:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.