• istersay

• Bentley

• vinicius

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, BussC,XOXO said:

also are the deluxe rumours true? 👀

8 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

@JustLikeMagic basically confirmed it but then dipped really. I guess we'll find out.

She's been teasing that lyric: "sent a letter to your door signed by me c,xoxo" or something that it's not on the regular album. So it's pretty much confirmed there's a deluxe

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kern said:

Biggest flop of all time. Goodbye I chose to end it all 

omg can i hit first before you die 

3 minutes ago, vinicius said:

She's been teasing that lyric: "sent a letter to your door signed by me c,xoxo" or something that it's not on the regular album. So it's pretty much confirmed there's a deluxe

YASSSSS

the music is so good and the tracklist is so bad it triggers me :deadbanana4: should have been something like this:

1    Intro (pink xoxo)
2    I LUV IT
3    Dade County Dreaming
4    REAL LIFE ANGELS
5    HE KNOWS
6    Hot Uptown
7    Dream-Girls
8    Twentysomethings
9    Can Friends Kiss?
10    Chanel no. 5
11    pretty when i cry
12    BOAT
13    June Gloom

13 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

Is the album so bad that the critics are being mean with her? (59 in Metacritic)

If you read the reviews it's mostly just comparisons w charli and nothing about the actual music.

Solid effort. I really like it sonically a lot.

I just hate the interludes and ballads. Will definitely be coming back to this over the summer. 

this was so hard to get through :rip: 

best songs:

- hot uptown (needed more drake)

- pink xoxo

- dade county dreaming

she needs to stop with the ballads cause her nails on the chalkboard vocals doesnt suit it :rip: 

the album is hard carried by features but this is always the case since her debut album so atleast she's consistent at something

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

this is a mega mega serve ?? 

by far the worst album released this year. he knows is the only decent track, everything else is so bad. she's over.

• Thumbs Down 2

dade country dreaming's outro got me obliterated

azealia-banks-wtf.gif

6 minutes ago, Scepter said:

by far the worst album released this year. he knows is the only decent track, everything else is so bad. she's over.

Thanks so much for the input! I think you meant to post this in the Liberation album thread though? :bird: xx

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Incredible album. Her songwriting this album should be acknowledged. A step up from familia. I love this version of her. Deserves a Grammy nomination 

• Like 2

you can't hear her at all in the Dolby Atmos mix of pink xoxo :deadbanana4:

she had Dade County Dreaming and Hot Uptown and went with He Knows :khalyan2:

5 minutes ago, Club classic said:

she had Dade County Dreaming and Hot Uptown and went with He Knows :khalyan2:

she couldn't release Hot Uptown due to Drake's beef and Dade County Dreaming probably because City Girls parted ways

9 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

The official singles that she or her label decided to go with are a complete MESS

i listened to a few of the songs (without headphones or anything) and this is my only gripe for the moment lol. would've been a diff listening experience otherwise. I LUV IT was a perfect lead but they probably should've went with Dreamgirls next then maybe Dade County 

• Thanks 1

the drake features are sending me, it's just a bit much and the interludes too (here for pink's one tho)

DREAM-GIRLS, June Gloom, B.O.A.T., Twentysomethings, pretty when i cry, Chanel No.5, Dade County Dreaming in that order !!!

I love June Gloom and B.O.A.T. so much

From the first listen, I am having really conflicting feelings. Hot uptown sounds just like a Drake song, with him seemingly as the lead and Camila as a featured artiste, and not the other way round - which is why I kind of don't want it to be the focal single. Yet, I don't think any of the other songs on the album has any hit potential apart from hot uptown. 

It's a very jarring first listen. The interludes don't work, and so many of the songs sound like Camila is just trying too hard to be different from her past. As someone who enjoyed most of her output since the 5H days, this is such a sonic departure from what we are used to from her… it almost feels like she is trying on a complete new persona. Is this the real her, and the previous albums are a filtered version by her label? The previous albums do feel more authentically her though… 

I may need more time with this album. Sorry for the rambling. But I kind of get why she is being blasted by critics… which is quite sad. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.