Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

5 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

When it comes to sound, she's definitely more explorative. However, Familia sounds more cohesive as a whole. Each individual track is a bop, but the album lacks overall unity.

Lyrically, it is definitely a disappointment:rip: It's less mature than what you hear from Romance (e.g., 'Shameless,' 'Used To This,' 'Living Proof'), Camila (e.g., 'All These Years,' 'Something's Gotta Give'), or Familia (e.g., 'Lola,' 'No Doubt'). There is no solid narrative; she regressed when it comes to writing but she did say that she just wants to spew out words without having any solid structure. 

You know it's hell when she thinks Chanel No.5 is a lyrical masterpiece.....

"Fold for me like origami
Magic and real like Murakami
Red chipped nails, I'm wabi-sabi"

Chanel No. 5, C XOXO

"Your November rain could set the night on fire, night on fire. But we could only burn so long. 

I have never heard a silence quite so loud.

walk in the room and you don't make a sound, make a sound. 

If it doesn't hurt me, why do I still cry?"

- Somethings Gotta Give, Camila

But also all those song sound different and are of genres where you can be more lyrically intricate and wordy. These aren't those types of songs. 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• Bentley

• vinicius

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

Anyway, this still remains her best song lyrically and sonically

Romance will forever be her best album

8 minutes ago, sangi said:

But also all those song sound different and are of genres where you can be more lyrically intricate and wordy. These aren't those types of songs. 

She said she leveled up her writing game here. 

"I have guidelines where I think it's cool"
Instead of being like "he's so obsessed with me." but it's like "fold for me like origami." :rip: gurl i-

22 minutes ago, camilizer said:

but i'm meeting camila on MONDAY WE CHEERED 

Ahhhh omg! Excited for you. :duca:

right now it's a tie between romance and familia for her best album. she's been progressing artistically with each project and I can't wait to see where she is with C when i listen tomorrow :clap3: 

• Like 1

also are the deluxe rumours true? 👀

29 minutes ago, sangi said:

Romance is so mid. I'll never get the love for that album compared to Camila or Familia :rip:

you're the first person I've ever seen that's implied Romance is her worst album :clack:

• Haha 1

the album works much better without those ugly ass interludes :deadbanana2: it's giving the noise interludes from Lana's Tunnel

• Like 1

sorry Camilasters… I don't care for this album :sorry:

pretty when i cry and I Luv It are the only songs i've saved to my playlist..

As a fan of Charli since sucker I'm kind of just scratching my head at these comparisons. 

I LUV IT is the closest thing that I can see where similarities might lie since Charli has done the frantic repetition choruses before, but even that song leans much more hip hop. The album does use similar vocal stylings with autotune but even that is done in a weird dissonance that I find to be the signature sound of the production on the project. 1/3 of the album is signature Camila mid tempo ballads, and the rest are hip hop and rnb songs with well done samples. 

I think the visuals are overpowering perception since Charli and many of her genre contemporaries are very into the early/mid aughts aesthetically. A lot of Camila's earlier material this era such as the camcorder video were very much in that realm, but even that has shifted such as the HE KNOWS video and these photoshoots in dead Miami heat on the beach, which I just don't see any connection to anything Charli has ever done. 

Edited by BlahBlahBlah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, camilizer said:

but i'm meeting camila on MONDAY WE CHEERED 

Me too omg

tell me sis did you get that e-ticket or proof or purchase is that . I'm so confused 🤣

40 minutes ago, BussC,XOXO said:

also are the deluxe rumours true? 👀

@JustLikeMagic basically confirmed it but then dipped really. I guess we'll find out.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.